Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch Covers

25th Anniversary Blind Box5166

Collector Comicnewbie private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. Is there a chance to receive rare sketch variants in a complete box if you already pulled a “Here’s Negan”? It was the first poly I opened and now have 24 unopened bags. Thoughts on what I should do.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Yes! you can get sketch variants or any other of the comics offered in the blind box as they were boxed already in the bags. Open them and show us what you get!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe you'll get crazy lucky and pull a 2nd "Here's Negan"
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ok. So as long as there is a chance of another Negan (although I’m sure a slim to none chance) and the possibility of sketch variants, hopefully some really rare ones, I will open them all. The thought of reselling the 24 unopened bags did enter my mind. Thanks for your quick replies.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck! I got triple-hosed on three blind boxes - nothing but color variants and a few blanks, plus one Negan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah wasn't the Image Blind Box one of the biggest comic blunders of 2017? With the box you either won big or lost big.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
B O X O F L I E S
Post 7 IP   flag post
@jdangerc indeed... I saw some amazing boxes, multiple sketches along with a Negan or two, a variety of variants, etc... but mine were total duds.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicnewbie Hi, In my personal Experience I opened 3 boxes. My box 2 is your answer.

Box 1: Only Normal Variants
Box 2: 2x Negan & OA Sketch Cover
Box 3: Only Normal Variants
Post 9 IP   flag post
@KingNampa well now I’m excited to open up the other 24 in the box. I feel as if I’m ahead already with the 1 Negan. I will update when I open them tomorrow.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Comicnewbie Goodluck. Even if you get more Negan's. The hard part is getting 9.8's. Most of the books are banged up.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
all i got was a bunch of black and white variants or a few black and white virgin covers. no sketch covers, no OA, no Negan. big disappointment, but the books were in 9.4 or better condition, which is a good thing considering a lot of the unboxing vids i've seen on youtube speak 7.0 or 8.0s and spine dents
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hi. After opening up the remaining 24 poly bags of my Blind Box, I got a few b&w cover variants and a total of 4 O/A- sketch covers in addition to the Here’s Negan I opened yesterday. My question is, do I get any of the sketch covers and or the Negan graded? Thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
You can get the Negan graded if the condition is goof but as for the sketch covers those would have to go through CBCS Verification Program that verifies the signatures but the art will not be verified. Now can you show us those sketch covers you got?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
pics, lets see them
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicnewbie 4 O/A Sketch covers?! Wow! Get a lottery ticket soon. Lol. I got 1 Negan book in excellent condition I would guess 9.6-9.8 But Zero sketch covers.

I actually still have an unopened sealed box. Been thinking about what to do with it. Save, open, sell?
Post 16 IP   flag post
@1nOnly. Look at the entire thread. I did get lucky while others weren’t as fortunate. Pictures of my sketch covers to follow shortly
Post 17 IP   flag post
1st sketch by Lisandro Estherren. Book: Redneck

Post 18 IP   flag post
2nd sketch from my Blind Box

Post 19 IP   flag post
3rd Book

Post 20 IP   flag post
I love seeing your sketches - it really does seem that the distribution of things through the boxes was significantly skewed somehow, but you totally won!
Post 21 IP   flag post
4th sketch

Post 22 IP   flag post
Thought on potential value would be appreciated. Thanks all
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, you got ridiculously lucky with those OAs and Negan.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Comicnewbie I don’t believe you. 😐
Post 25 IP   flag post
@KingNampa Although I have no idea how to prove it to you I can assure you I wouldn’t lie. I can copy and paste a note I sent to the eBay seller I got it from that states the same thing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Hi. I wanted to let you know that I opened the Blind Box and the very first and only bag I opened contained a “Here’s Negan” . Thank you so much.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Hi again. I opened the other 24 bags and I was fortunate enough to get 4 original art sketches. Including the desired Redneck and Extremity sketches. Thanks again.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Here it is with the eBay background
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicnewbie
Here it is with the eBay background

Lol, thanks for the cool picks and congrats on a pretty dang good start to 2018. I think the guys are just giving you a little ribbing for your fortune. This is the way it works in the World of Grab Bag Gambling!!!😎
Post 30 IP   flag post
601305 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?