Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone help identify the below signatures? I haven't been able to match the signature to the artist, colorist etc. The Avengers has me stumped. The sig looks like Squidworth. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Sig looks like Brian Michael Bendis maybe?

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
Can anyone help identify the below signatures? I haven't been able to match the signature to the artist, colorist etc. The Avengers has me stumped. The sig looks like Squidworth. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

I "think" that's an abbreviated Bill Sienkiewicz signature on Spider-Woman. Normally, he writes out his full name and it's sloppy. I think that's just a shortened and more artistic way that he signs sometimes. I looked it up online and confirmed that he was the cover artist. Again though, I'm not sure. It does look like his style.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig

Let's hope it's signed by Brian Michael Bendis, because that's who the CGC said it was on their label. Hopefully there's not an imposter posing as him in front of CGC witnesses.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Let's hope it's signed by Brian Michael Bendis, because that's who the CGC said it was on their label. Hopefully there's not an imposter posing as him in front of CGC witnesses.

I was referring to the signatures in question. The cgc slabs were examples for the avengers sig. Could be a rushed signature.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:

I was referring to the signatures in question. The cgc slabs were examples for the avengers sig. Could be a rushed signature.

Ooops! I knew a guy who would sign any comic with any name you said you wanted. He did it as a joke. That's one reason I'm no fan of signed comics. I'll let a creator sign something as a reminder that I met them, but that's the full extent of it. I really consider it to be defacing the item.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that was quick. Thanks @BigRig & @X51 the signatures do look similar to Brian Michael Bendis & Bill Sienkiewicz. Thanks again I appreciate it. I have a few more maybe I should post them lol.
Post 7 IP   flag post
597902 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?