Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
So - are there any other collectors out there that have submitted their books for grading and have them bottlenecked in “Labels” for what seems to be an eternity? Can anyone say why books have been stuck at this point in the process?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
I've only got one order in right now and it's been sitting at "grading" for two weeks, I'm assuming the holiday season that has something to do with it. I don't think I've ever seen any of my orders even go into "Labels" or encapsulation status, usually goes straight to QC.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Most likely one of the reasons why they are just shipping books in straight bubble wrap now rather than the white boxes, trying to get books out the door fast as humanly possible

I sat in “labels” for weeks.

@Thanatos click on the invoice .pdf as if you are going to print it again, it will give you the extra detail on the top right above each tier 👍🏻
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Most likely one of the reasons why they are just shipping books in straight bubble wrap now rather than the white boxes, trying to get books out the door fast as humanly possible

@Thanatos click on the invoice .pdf as if you are going to print it again, it will give you the extra detail on the top right above each tier 👍🏻

Interesting, I always thought the invoice didn't change once it's originally made.

I stand corrected @Stu, I am also in "Labels" purgatory haha

@shrewbeer The CBCS Box was one of the things I liked most about their shipping, I'll be pretty disappointed if that's not the case anymore.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@shrewbeer Neat trick. Just did this and mine says "Labels", while on the website it still says "Grading". Thanks for the heads up.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Quote:

Interesting, I always thought the invoice didn't change once it's originally made.

@shrewbeer The CBCS Box was one of the things I liked most about their shipping, I'll be pretty disappointed if that's not the case anymore.

My shipment that arrived on Wednesday was just my four books in bubble wrap inside the shipping box. Not even anything between each slab.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@farseer Were they at least covered with the outer bag on each book?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It’s probably cheaper to ship without the boxes.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@farseer: "...Not even anything between each slab."

This is a problem.

I don't know why CBCS changed packaging, we haven't had a staff post as to reason (that I know of), but the skinny foam insert between each slab was a huge point in their favor w/ regard to shipping. Even with the giant cube of bubble-wrap instead of the cardboard boxes, I don't understand why the insert foam between each slab isn't happening; it prevents plastic-to-plastic contact, and (based on complaints in other threads) some of the recent slabs have been scratched up and/or broken in transit.

If we can't have multiple CBCS boxes w/ a few slabs each, and are stuck w/ (giant) cubes of bubble wrap containing up to 20+ slabs (my last order had two cubes of 20), the size of which even the Borg would envy, could we please have our flimsy foam inserts back?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips

Yes, each slab was still in a bag. I'll post them eventually but I can't seem to get good pictures. I need some natural light to reduce the glare and reflections
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer
Quote:

Yes, each slab was still in a bag. I'll post them eventually but I can't seem to get good pictures. I need some natural light to reduce the glare and reflections
What books did you get back?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What books did you get back?

Army of Darkness #1 [1992] Signed and remarked by Bruce Campbell, signed by John Bolton
Generations: Wolverine & All-New Wolverine #1 [2017] Fan Expo 2017 exclusive signed by Artgerm
Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1 [2017] Corner box variant signed by Joe Jusko
Batman #400 [1986]
Post 12 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@farseer I have some of the same books and Sigs but didn't submit them until Rhode Island (November) and Edison (December).

My books are processing.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@farseer Nice. Joe Jusko rocks. Were you happy with your grades?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
@farseer Nice. Joe Jusko rocks. Were you happy with your grades?

Happy with 3 of the 4. The Batman 400 could have used a press according to the graders notes

Joe Jusko was great. He signed a Punisher magazine and a Savage Sword of Conan for me. He also signed 18 Conan cards for me and talked for quite a while. He showed me the cover for the Stan Lee con program he was commissioned to do. It was an homage to Fantastic Four #1.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@farseer I have some of the same books and Sigs but didn't submit them until Rhode Island (November) and Edison (December).

My books are processing.

I figured you would have some of the same books. I was pleasantly surprised with the grade on my Army of Darkness. I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow during the day in natural light so I can post them
Post 16 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I figured you would have some of the same books. I was pleasantly surprised with the grade on my Army of Darkness. I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow during the day in natural light so I can post them

Campbell wrote "Stay Groovy" on my copy above the signature.
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
I’m looking forward to receiving this submission - Marvel Zombies #1-5 and Deadpool Merc with a mouth #10 signed by Arthur Suydam. ASM #13, #15 and #39. Doctor Strange #169, Journey into Mystery 102 and Iron Man and Submariner #1.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@farseer That is great.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have been stuck in grading for three weeks. Maybe they will just show up at my door. I don’t even get emails from them anymore.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

co-sign
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Same here. FedEx is coming tomorrow, I’ll upload a pic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510

It’s probably cheaper to ship without the boxes.

That would have been my first assumption, but the employees at CBCS have been talking about the QC bottleneck for months. Stack-and-wrap, jam them in a box and off they go gets it done 100x faster than meticulously packing them. Risk/reward... possible damaged cases, people upset about poor packing, but then the backlog gets cleared, which EVERYONE bitches about constantly.

Interested to see if they go back to the boxes once things calm down.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they are waiting for a shipment of new boxes that includes the Beckett name.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
My last order came last week and they have upgraded the bag each slab comes in. More like a 2mm Mylar bag instead of the resealable crystal Mylar type bags they previously used.
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I like pie.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone.

I sent 11 comics off on the 25th of August from UK which would be received in the first week of September.

This was when a 12 week TAT was advertised.

They are and have been in grading/labels for several weeks now and are are not going to make the 12 week TAT. They are not going to make 16 weeks TAT. They are at the best going to be at least 22/24 weeks.

I have sent several lots to CBCS to be graded over the past year and have found this to be the usual TAT, so I don't sweat it you know, forget about it and it will be a nice surprise when it does eventually arrive.

I am, however, a bit apprehensive about whether the bubble wrap will be as good as protection as the internal cardboard was.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
One of my orders arrived last week. There were no foam inserts/spacers but my books did come in the traditional CBCS box.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
One of my orders arrived last week. There were no foam inserts/spacers but my books did come in the traditional CBCS box.

That's good to know.
Post 28 IP   flag post
No cbcs box, but this isnt bad either and I would imagine much quicker and cheaper for them.

All books are in individual 2mil mylar, with foam inserts between each, then enough bubble wrapped around them tightly to fit snug in the fedex box. No complaints here.

Side note,my daughter dropped this book on its corner while waiting in line for Finch. I hand pressed it as best I could but it broke color 🙄. She’s still happy with a 9 though!

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
No cbcs box, but this isnt bad either and I would imagine much quicker and cheaper for them.

All books are in individual 2mil mylar, with foam inserts between each, then enough bubble wrapped around them tightly to fit snug in the fedex box. No complaints here.

Side note,my daughter dropped this book on its corner while waiting in line for Finch. I hand pressed it as best I could but it broke color 🙄. She’s still happy with a 9 though!

Exactly how mine arrived today. They all had the foam slip pads as well.

All my old CBCS boxes are sitting in a closet unused, so I do not mind the new packaging if it helps to get things turned over quicker. As someone has mentioned before on the forum, I would not be surprised the CBCS boxes are being rebranded due to Beckett buying them out.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600920 52 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?