Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone.

I sent 11 comics off on the 25th of August from UK which would be received in the first week of September.

This was when a 12 week TAT was advertised.

They are and have been in grading/labels for several weeks now and are are not going to make the 12 week TAT. They are not going to make 16 weeks TAT. They are at the best going to be at least 22/24 weeks.

I have sent several lots to CBCS to be graded over the past year and have found this to be the usual TAT, so I don't sweat it you know, forget about it and it will be a nice surprise when it does eventually arrive.

I am, however, a bit apprehensive about whether the bubble wrap will be as good as protection as the internal cardboard was.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
One of my orders arrived last week. There were no foam inserts/spacers but my books did come in the traditional CBCS box.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
One of my orders arrived last week. There were no foam inserts/spacers but my books did come in the traditional CBCS box.

That's good to know.
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
No cbcs box, but this isnt bad either and I would imagine much quicker and cheaper for them.

All books are in individual 2mil mylar, with foam inserts between each, then enough bubble wrapped around them tightly to fit snug in the fedex box. No complaints here.

Side note,my daughter dropped this book on its corner while waiting in line for Finch. I hand pressed it as best I could but it broke color 🙄. She’s still happy with a 9 though!

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
No cbcs box, but this isnt bad either and I would imagine much quicker and cheaper for them.

All books are in individual 2mil mylar, with foam inserts between each, then enough bubble wrapped around them tightly to fit snug in the fedex box. No complaints here.

Side note,my daughter dropped this book on its corner while waiting in line for Finch. I hand pressed it as best I could but it broke color 🙄. She’s still happy with a 9 though!

Exactly how mine arrived today. They all had the foam slip pads as well.

All my old CBCS boxes are sitting in a closet unused, so I do not mind the new packaging if it helps to get things turned over quicker. As someone has mentioned before on the forum, I would not be surprised the CBCS boxes are being rebranded due to Beckett buying them out.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I figured since there hasn't been a winner for #CBCSBOX in like, SINCE JUNE OR JULY.. they wont be pushing that giveaway, so.. WHY PROMOTE IT on the box? I guess it's a way of phasing them out.

I really enjoy the boxes they come in though.

Only thing now is to deal with the fear of how my 73 books I submitted for grading will be shipped to me.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer Yeah, that looks pretty secure. I would feel comfortable with that.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Checked on my order status - still displays LABELS! It has now been a total of 16 weeks and 2 days. Still waiting...
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
That packaging makes me cringe. The cardboard looks flimsy.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
After 2 weeks in grading it went to QC and shipping yesterday, still waiting for "shipped" and it's making me F5 way more than I should.
Post 35 IP   flag post
I sent off 11 comics from the UK on 25th Aug. I paid for standard rate 5 to 8 working days with the Royal Mail (as there is nearly always a weekend within that period it can be 10 days) so CBCS has had them now for four full calendar months (18 weeks) and they are still in grading.

To be fair two of them went for cleaning/pressing so I am not unduly vexed by the wait as this is my experience with 5 lots I sent in last year. As I have mentioned before, I try to be patient knowing that they will arrive eventually.

What does give me slight cause for concern is something mentioned in one of the posts a few days ago about getting stuck behind a massive dealers lot of ,say , 1000 comics. In my newbie naivety I had not considered this type of commercial submission, rather innocently supposing that it was just collectors sending in their comics.

I wonder what is the ratio between collectors such as myself sending in a dozen at a time to the business interests who send in by the thousand?
Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting for 20 Moderns that I submitted to CBCS on August 19 at Teriific Con. My dashboard order has said “Grading” for a month, but the actual invoice says “Labels.” No signatures needed to be verified and no books were pressed. Others who submitted at this Con have gotten their books back. No emails from CBCS. I think I am fairly patient, but I feel like other orders must be getting priority over mine.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
I sent off 11 comics from the UK on 25th Aug. I paid for standard rate 5 to 8 working days with the Royal Mail (as there is nearly always a weekend within that period it can be 10 days) so CBCS has had them now for four full calendar months (18 weeks) and they are still in grading.

To be fair two of them went for cleaning/pressing so I am not unduly vexed by the wait as this is my experience with 5 lots I sent in last year. As I have mentioned before, I try to be patient knowing that they will arrive eventually.

What does give me slight cause for concern is something mentioned in one of the posts a few days ago about getting stuck behind a massive dealers lot of ,say , 1000 comics. In my newbie naivety I had not considered this type of commercial submission, rather innocently supposing that it was just collectors sending in their comics.

I wonder what is the ratio between collectors such as myself sending in a dozen at a time to the business interests who send in by the thousand?

UPDATE:

The comics are now marked as "shipping" so CBCS has had them for 18 and a half weeks. This is NOT a complaint but merely info for anyone in the UK who may be concerned about TATs. The shipping carrier used by CBCS usually takes 4/5 days to arrive so it looks as if I'm going to have to wait until after the weekend before I see them.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I am in "Quality Control"
That was quick, I wasn't expecting that, that fast.
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
I’m still in labels!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

UPDATE:

The comics are now marked as "shipping" so CBCS has had them for 18 and a half weeks. This is NOT a complaint but merely info for anyone in the UK who may be concerned about TATs. The shipping carrier used by CBCS usually takes 4/5 days to arrive so it looks as if I'm going to have to wait until after the weekend before I see them.

FURTHER UPDATE :

Hat tip to both CBCS and FEDEX :

The package arrived today (Thursday at 8.30am), so just TWO days and NOT the 4/5 mentioned above.

On the packaging, well all 11 were wrapped in one big bubblewrap brick and the outer box filled in with polystyrene pieces.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
FURTHER UPDATE :

Hat tip to both CBCS and FEDEX :

The package arrived today (Thursday at 8.30am), so just TWO days and NOT the 4/5 mentioned above.

On the packaging, well all 11 were wrapped in one big bubblewrap brick and the outer box filled in with polystyrene pieces.

Congrats! Let's see some pictures!

My books shipped the 5th of Jan and I won't see them till the 16th so I need to live vicariously through you.
Post 42 IP   flag post
OK! Here are some pictures. Sorry about the flash, David Bailey I ain't.

All the X-Men above I am going to put on ebay, these are duplicates. I have all of these and more in higher grade in my personal collection.
Post 43 IP   flag post
On the 4th photo above you can see at top right a pair of teeny tiny scissors which I use for opening all my packages.

It fills me with horror when I watch youtube videos of people slashing open their boxes with Stanley knives.
Post 44 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Two separate boxes. Atleast fill the damn box up with peanuts so there are no gaps around the glob of books that should be floating in the middle of the box. Not left to bounce around on its 3000 mile trip back to me. Last thing I need is some of these golden age books damaged because a few extra peanuts weren't used.

Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Two separate boxes. Atleast fill the damn box up with peanuts so there are no gaps around the glob of books that should be floating in the middle of the box. Not left to bounce around on its 3000 mile trip back to me. Last thing I need is some of these golden age books damaged because a few extra peanuts weren't used.

This is quite disappointing compared to the white CBCSBOX they used to use that first box would really upset me, lazy work.
Post 46 IP   flag post
As I stated in a post above there is not much protection if someone were to open a box with a knife, which could easily slice through the plastic bubbles and scratch the top slab.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Peanut shortage in Florida?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Peanut shortage in Florida?

I'm not convinced that extra peanuts would offer any resistance to a sharp knife, they would be pushed aside exposing the top slab to potential damage. (Yes, you've guessed it; I'm missing the internal boxes).
Post 49 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
learn how to cut open a box with a box cutter at an angle from the side?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
learn how to cut open a box with a box cutter at an angle from the side?

Quote:
On the 4th photo above you can see at top right a pair of teeny tiny scissors which I use for opening all my packages.

It fills me with horror when I watch youtube videos of people slashing open their boxes with Stanley knives.

Yes of course I know how to carefully open boxes. We are showing these to perhaps show those with less experience just how close our merchandise is from the surface. Perhaps an extra sheet of cardboard top and bottom would add a further level of protection if they really have done away with the internal boxes.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
OK! Here are some pictures. Sorry about the flash, David Bailey I ain't.

All the X-Men above I am going to put on ebay, these are duplicates. I have all of these and more in higher grade in my personal collection.

Oh Man, I a LOVING those UK editions! Thanks for sharing
Post 52 IP   flag post
600788 52 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?