Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsPop CultureSigning Opportunities

Baltimore Comic-con5119

Collector mr_brendo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all, i plan on attending the Baltimore Comic-con this year and was wondering if the VIP passes were worth the 100$ difference in price. Since this will be my first time attending this particular show also feel free to throw in any general advice or personal experiences (good or bad) to help me get excited.

Happy Holidays!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I've attended Baltimore roughly 12 years straight and have obtained the VIP pass each and every year it was offered.
Early entry + the goodies they provide (a couple of exclusive comics and a Baltimore yearbook) make it absolutely worth it.
You get in, generally, an hour early which allows access to to the hot artists and writers much quicker
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I've attended Baltimore roughly 12 years straight and have obtained the VIP pass each and every year it was offered.
Early entry + the goodies they provide (a couple of exclusive comics and a Baltimore yearbook) make it absolutely worth it.
You get in, generally, an hour early which allows access to to the hot artists and writers much quicker

Awesome! good to know. Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 have you been able to get some pretty good deals on books? or have you been more focused on meeting creators and getting sigs in the past?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@mr_brendo
Both - and that's the beauty of the VIP pass. You are on the floor for 1 hour before hoardes and hoardes of people come in. Their open hours are early for VIP.
The lines at vendors, the exclusive comics, and meeting creators get jammed when everyone is allowed in later on.

With the VIP pass you are on the floor ONLY with other VIP passes and that leads to very short lines on the floor. So you control your own destiny with what you want to achieve.

And lastly, Baltimore CC to their credit, toss dealers off of lines of hot creators in favor of VIP holders. Dealers historically know they have an advantage by being in a comicon facility before doors open; but Baltimore CC does not allow that.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I've been going to Baltimore for the last few years and I always get the VIP pass! For sure worth it!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@antoniofett picked up my tickets as well. looking forward to it, you guys have made me more excited than i already was.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
One thing I thought they should do to incentivize people to buy VIP passes, is to let them get some autographs at no charge. for example, www.comicsketchart.com sponsors artists and writers and you can get 3 things signed for no charge. If I have a VIP pass, I should get 5 or something, or maybe an exclusive. Just an idea.
Post 8 IP   flag post
596785 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?