Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeQuestions

Your 2018 “Want List”5111

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Just blew the $300or so for the Saga 1 9.8. It’s what all them young uns read. Cool cover too, breast used for something other than commercial entertainment.
Next buy seems to be random, the wandering eye changes all the time, however I have Wendy Parker 6 golden age in my saved hunt on eBay for the last year, only saw the cover once, did not bid high enough, and never saw another

Post 51 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@doog I have never owned any issues of Wendy Parker, much less # 6.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Just made my "2018 want list"
1. Get rid of a lot of books I don't care about
2. Have a list of 25 books I'm after this year.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy

We can't help you find your 25 books if you don't share the list.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

I think that's as far as he got...a list which identifies the need to create another list...
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
A pair of books I've been unable to run down; if anyone has them & is willing to part with them please let me know:

Venom: Lethal Protector 0 (Italian Edition #1) w/ Silver foil cover.

Alien Predator: Deadliest of the Species Silver Ashcan
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
I want to get more signed books. I have collected autographs since I was a kid and I've also collected and read comics, so I love signed books. I'd also like to thin out my collection of books that I don't really care for. I love collecting the smaller, obscure books as opposed to major keys. Although I do enjoy finding a good bargain on a first appearance!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
I want to get more signed books. I have collected autographs since I was a kid and I've also collected and read comics, so I love signed books. I'd also like to thin out my collection of books that I don't really care for. I love collecting the smaller, obscure books as opposed to major keys. Although I do enjoy finding a good bargain on a first appearance!

I am submitting over 1,000 signed books to CBCS this month. Keep an eye on my eBay store this Spring.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris

I am submitting over 1,000 signed books to CBCS this month. Keep an eye on my eBay store this Spring.

I think you're being a little optimistic about when you'll get those books back 😉
Post 59 IP   flag post
@Drogio If they get the books in mid January and I get them back in 3-4 months it will still be Spring.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Drogio If they get the books in mid January and I get them back in 3-4 months it will still be Spring.

It was a jab at CBCS's TATs...not directed at you. I do hope you get them in less than 3-4 months. After that convention season kicks into high gear and TATs will likely get worse, although it's hard to imagine worse than 3-4 months. I'm assuming you did not elect to press any.

I just got one back that had fast pass, but also pressed...took nearly 5 months.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Not in any order:
1.) Marvel teamup 55 (nm, raw)
2.) Transformers: Infiltration issues 2 & 4, Retailer Incentive Cover "C" (with trading cards, nm raw)
3.) Transformers Marvel #'s 5-8, Graded 9.6 or Better
4.) Amazing Spiderman #252 (nm, raw)
5.) Batman Knight of Vengance #'s 1-3 (nm, raw)
6.) Batman 24 (rebirth) Foil Stamped cover (nm, raw)
7.) Flashpoint Rebirth #1 (nm, raw-not the sdcc variant)

Knocked off portion of #7...First Thomas Wayne as Batman. Looks to be NM...maybe NM+ (with a quick press).

Post 62 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
- Iron Fist #14
- Wolverine #102.5
- Death of Wolverine Midtown set
- Daredevil #111
- X-Men #103, 109, 120
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I hope to get a decent copy of one or two of the following

Tales of Suspense #39
Fantastic Four #52
X-men #1
Avengers #1
Amazing Fantasy #15
Green Lantern #1

Besides this - will continue to complete my WDCS run
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
- Iron Fist #14
- Wolverine #102.5
- Daredevil #111
- X-Men #103, 109, 120

We were talking about the Death of Wolverine Midtowns 1-3 that I have in 9.8 but I nver heard back from you.

I also have an Iron Fist 9.6 that I think we discussed as well.

Not sure if shipping to Canada was the problem with any of it.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
These are comics that I'd buy for $75 each if I ever find them.

A red foil version of Megalith (Vol. 2 ) #1 (not the silver foil that is pictured):

Sinnamon Saga #1 variant (the publisher never owned a copy):

I'm not actively looking for them because the search has proved fruitless for over a decade.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Have to recover from the holidays and tuition bills. I didn't want people to look for stuff until I was ready. I'll post the list in a few weeks when I am ready to buy.
Post 67 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
- Iron Fist #14
- Wolverine #102.5
- Daredevil #111
- X-Men #103, 109, 120

We were talking about the Death of Wolverine Midtowns 1-3 that I have in 9.8 but I nver heard back from you.

I also have an Iron Fist 9.6 that I think we discussed as well.

Not sure if shipping to Canada was the problem with any of it.

Yeah I just don't have the cash right now for those books. Tags why there on the want list lol
Post 68 IP   flag post
@Wolverine If I do Toronto again we wouldn't gave to worry about shipping. Too early to know if I am going back yet.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
I hope to get a decent copy of one or two of the following

Tales of Suspense #39
Fantastic Four #52
X-men #1
Avengers #1
Amazing Fantasy #15
Green Lantern #1

I have some WDCS from the 50's I've been trying to figure out what to do with. They are all mid-grade. I think some 15 cent variants, too (though those may be just Uncle Scrooge - will have to check). What are you looking for in particular?
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

I have some WDCS from the 50's I've been trying to figure out what to do with. They are all mid-grade. I think some 15 cent variants, too (though those may be just Uncle Scrooge - will have to check). What are you looking for in particular?

Thanks. Only looking for high grades up to #263. If from the 50’s probably don’t have much monetary value but if you send me a list I can let you know what you should expect.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Only looking for high grades up to #263. If from the 50’s probably don’t have much monetary value but if you send me a list I can let you know what you should expect.

I will do that. Thanks.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I will do that. Thanks.

Hi, poka. I'll send you a p.m. with the list, so as not to fill up this page. There are 72 comics, not continuous, ranging from #127 to #254, with some repeats. (And #102 INC ... one half-torn page inside.)

By the way, a few months ago I found a guy on eBay who is selling over two dozen WDCS, some high grade (VF) at low prices. His page is here. Most maybe all are in the range you are looking.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user

Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:

By the way, a few months ago I found a guy on eBay who is selling over two dozen WDCS, some high grade (VF) at low prices. His page is here. Most maybe all are in the range you are looking.

Took a look but unfortunately will pass. Thanks for the lead though. Maybe next time
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Not in any order:
1.) Marvel teamup 55 (nm, raw)
2.) Transformers: Infiltration issues 2 & 4, Retailer Incentive Cover "C" (with trading cards, nm raw)
3.) Transformers Marvel #'s 5-8, Graded 9.6 or Better
4.) Amazing Spiderman #252 (nm, raw)
5.) Batman 24 (rebirth) Foil Stamped cover (nm, raw)
6.) Flashpoint Rebirth #1 (nm, raw-not the sdcc variant)
7.) Batman 227, CBCS grade 5.0 or better (to be eventually signed by Mr. Neal Adams)

Acquired so far:
1.) Batman Knight of Vengance #1 (nm, raw)

Decided I need Batman 227 in mid grade. Added it to my list. Would prefer a yellow label with a sig from Mr. Adams, but will get it myself if need be.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:

Decided I need Batman 227 in mid grade. Added it to my list. Would prefer a yellow label with a sig from Mr. Adams, but will get it myself if need be.

Yes, that's a very cool cover. You should pick exactly where you want the sig ... I've seen a couple that were screwy on that comic.

I've got a 6.0 going up on ComicLink soon (they recommended $275). There's a 5.0 on Mycomicshop, but it's way overpriced at $425.
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in save mode for my Hulk 181, just doing market research right now. I'm probably going to shoot for a lower mid-grade copy. I feel like that fits within my budget the best. It's got to have the stamp and present well.
Post 78 IP   flag post
600902 78 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?