Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Denver comic con Facebook link

Fraud alert! Over the past several months, Denver Comic Con has received several reports of bogus “certificates of authenticity” attached to art being sold on eBay and in at least one local pawn shop. In some cases, the seller claims the art was “purchased at auction at Denver Comic Con” and that the works are “authentic and certified.” In addition, some of the art is accompanied by documents purporting to be “Certificates of Authenticity” that are “issued by the DCC Artists [sic.] Association” and signed by “Denver Comic-Con Artists [Sic.] Association President Joe Garcia.” Photos of these certificates are attached.

These assertions are false and the certificates of authenticity are fake. First, there is no Denver Comic-Con Artists Association, and nobody named Joe Garcia is associated with Denver Comic Con or Pop Culture Classroom. The certificates also list dates on which no Denver Comic Con events were held and may also be attached to works by artists that have never been hosted by Denver Comic Con. In fact, Denver Comic Con does not provide certificates of authenticity for any artwork.

We bring this to your attention so you are not tricked into purchasing unauthentic artwork. If you come across a sale of such artwork we would appreciate you letting us know.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I only buy art directly from the artist. Eliminates any problems entirely.
Post 2 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

I got this sketch on ebay and it came with this COA. Is it real or did I just get duped? I hope it's real.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy

I got this sketch on ebay and it came with this COA. Is it real or did I just get duped? I hope it's real.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

The previous reply was good, but I'm going to go the opposite direction with my reply!

YOU WERE RIPPED OFF. YOU NEED TO NOTIFY THE POLICE, EBAY, PAYPAL, YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY, BOTH EX-WIVES, AND YOUR CURRENT WIFE IMMEDIATELY! THAT IS FAKE!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

The previous reply was good, but I'm going to go the opposite direction with my reply!

YOU WERE RIPPED OFF. YOU NEED TO NOTIFY THE POLICE, EBAY, PAYPAL, YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY, BOTH EX-WIVES, AND YOUR CURRENT WIFE IMMEDIATELY! THAT IS FAKE!!

This is fake news about the fake certificate. Stay tuned for an important announcement from the White House ...
Post 6 IP   flag post
598019 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?