Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPSignaturesSigning Opportunities

Todd McFarlane Sig Facilitators?5078

Collector c2t2merch private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any CBCS facilitators for Todd McFarlane? I've been searching and it appears that he only does signings twice a year and they are through CGC facilitators. Can anyone offer any clarification to this? I'm hoping to get multiple books signed by him and other people, which is more difficult to do through CGC, so I'm hoping the above is not true.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
From what I understand there are no CBCS facilitators for Todd McFarlane. I know someone who is looking into it but there is no news yet.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
From what I understand there are no CBCS facilitators for Todd McFarlane. I know someone who is looking into it but there is no news yet.
That sucks, so as of now there's no way to have an authenticated Todd sig through CBCS.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2t2merch
Quote:
That sucks, so as of now there's no way to have an authenticated Todd sig through CBCS.
No but for twenty five bucks you can have it verified.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha, that's rather pointless in my opinion. If its an old signature, sure.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

While I wouldn't recommend the expense, you could have it witnessed and graded by CGC then submit it to CBCS and they will honor the CGC signature for a yellow CBCS label.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha, that's rather pointless in my opinion. If its an old signature, sure.
While yellow labels are more in demand, in part because of how new red labels are, but they do make sense in some cases. Taking McFarlane as an example. He only signs for graded books at two private signings per year and at the moment they're CGC-Only. McFarlane, however, does sign items for free at many of the shows he attends each year. In this case, it is cheaper to get a couple of books signed for free by McFarlane at a show and then getting a verified label than it would be to wait for one of his two private signings and paying his signing fee. Sure you don't get a yellow label but it has it's purpose and its advantages, so I don't think "pointless" is an accurate assessment.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
Steven McDonald is a certified facilitator for CBCS. He just had a private signing with Todd in November but I believe he's setting another one up after the new year. If you're interested I can get you in contact with him. He has a facebook page for his services as well. He also is a CBCS facilitator for Stan Lee. Let me know!

The Facebook page for his services is 'Clan McDonald Comics and Signature Witnessing'. He's very approachable and bends over backwards for his customers. He's already got a ton of signing opportunities lined up for the coming year and also sets up sketch opportunities as well.

EDIT: I have to eat some crow real quick. I looked up the posting for his McFarlane sketch op and it was through CGC not CBCS. I know he's trying to work something out with McFarlane's manager to have a direct CBCS witnessing opp but I don't know where he's at with that. I apologize for the mistake.
Post 7 IP   flag post
PM sent.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsaSequel
Steven McDonald is a certified facilitator for CBCS. He just had a private signing with Todd in November but I believe he's setting another one up after the new year. If you're interested I can get you in contact with him. He has a facebook page for his services as well. He also is a CBCS facilitator for Stan Lee. Let me know!

The Facebook page for his services is 'Clan McDonald Comics and Signature Witnessing'. He's very approachable and bends over backwards for his customers. He's already got a ton of signing opportunities lined up for the coming year and also sets up sketch opportunities as well.

EDIT: I have to eat some crow real quick. I looked up the posting for his McFarlane sketch op and it was through CGC not CBCS. I know he's trying to work something out with McFarlane's manager to have a direct CBCS witnessing opp but I don't know where he's at with that. I apologize for the mistake.

I was going to bring up the McBastard, too, but mention that the McFarlane opp was purely CGC. It was GREAT that he was able to bring people in to that one, though...

The "official" / publicized opps are twice per year - SDCC and NYCC - but he does private ones regularly, which is why you end up needing to get in the mix with groups like Clan McDonald and others to help facilitate. Have your books ready, pressed, whatever, and when the opportunity arises.

I have some books ready for him to be signed, but didn't have the funds when the last opp came up. Alas! High on my list (just because) is a Haunt Preview Edition from SDCC 2008(?). Others are the usual suspects...
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm simply stating that they are pointless for me, I have no interest in a red label for his signature, therefore it is an accurate statement for myself because it's my opinion. Like I said, if I purchased or found some books with his signature on them or I happened to go to one of the events he is free signing at then it's a different story, but there is no circumstance where I personally would go out of my way to get a red label with his signature. When it comes to people like Stan Lee and Todd I personally have to have the yellow label.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Quote:

While I wouldn't recommend the expense, you could have it witnessed and graded by CGC then submit it to CBCS and they will honor the CGC signature for a yellow CBCS label.

Are you sure that CBCS will still honor Todd's CGC yellow labels? I have this weird thought in the back of my mind that CBCS still has to "Verify" all Todd's signatures, even CGC ones because...McFarlane.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you sure that CBCS will still honor Todd's CGC yellow labels? I have this weird thought in the back of my mind that CBCS still has to "Verify" all Todd's signatures, even CGC ones because...McFarlane.

That’s not an unreasonable concern so I asked Mark Roman and he confirmed that CBCS would honor a CGC yellow label with Todd’s signature
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That’s not an unreasonable concern so I asked Mark Roman and he confirmed that CBCS would honor a CGC yellow label with Todd’s signature

That's awesome to hear, I guess I'll go that route until there's a CBCS facilitator.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
That's awesome to hear, I guess I'll go that route until there's a CBCS facilitator.

It seems that a couple guys are trying to work something out with McFarlane but haven't been able to make it happen yet for CBCS.
Post 14 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
someone from cbcs needs to stroke Todd's ego a lil bit more, then we are good. It is at 12584% so just make it 12585% and we're good.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Just for reference: I had two Mcfarlane cgc yellow label signatures (one signed 2015, silver, one signed 2016, gold) regraded by CBCS last year (2016). I also submitted a universal cgc slab (silver polybage)to be signed by Mcfarlane through Genuine COA who was representing CBCS. This one was also regraded by CBCS, also last year 2016.
Post 16 IP   flag post
596774 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?