Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 12/15/20175043

Collector milliemorris private msg quote post Address this user
18 weeks and still waiting ne reply from emails sent. will not be sending books to these people any more they are fast enough to take you money got my books back of pgx in 24 days and i am in the uk
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector rdowdy95 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwausti
Quote:
To me its just a small hiccup, considering the hurricane they dealt with, them being bought out by Beckket, and the problem thier plastic case supplier from Houston had to deal with.

I personally do not like the new logo I prefer the old blue CBCS blue foil shield but I do like how they took measures against the opening of the cases with the foil sealing being broken.

I agree with you 100%. Was a difficult and challenging year for CBCS... I can live with delays. I do appreciate it when I'm communicated with and expectations are set or maybe re-set.

1st of all, Thank you for your private message Cwausti! I appreciated your input.

2nd, I didn't even look at it as CBCS having difficulties. I see what obstacles CBCS did, and is doing to heighten the integrity and credibility that business will carry for years to come. A big part of it was Mark Roman and the situation with AW's. Wow. I respect that highly, I see CBCS getting ready to go to the next level.

3rd Up until September, top quality! OK, so 4 slow months don't compare to 8 great ones.

I submitted all year long, from Feb till September, 104 books in total graded (including my 73 currently in grading). These are MY BOOKS, not books I am going to flip, these are books I'm going to hang on the wall. I did sell some (That AC bill I had to take care of.. lol)

CBCS had a situation with their plastic case supplier in Houston, we ALL KNOW HOUSTON was flooded and underwater, and so I am sure it forced them to look at future possible solutions if that situation was ever to arise again, not as in Flood wise, but finding a possible plan B.

My dad always asked me, "Is someone dying? Does someone need to go to the hospital?"
If the answer was "No," then chill out.

We can't control ACTS of GOD, but we can control how we respond to them. I'd rather wait for a job done with time being taken than a half a$$ed job in a rush. That is how I want my books treated.

Some people will laugh and ask why I got certain books graded as opposed to rarer ones and I have to keep my mind set to the 1st reason I got in to comic books, if certain books have invoke special memories to me, I want to encase them, regardless the grade I get them back in. Now if you want to collect and grade them because you think you will become rich quick, I'd tell you to take your money and invest it on Wall Street.. but that's just my suggestion.

Well said! I don't have hardly any "big boy books." I love collecting the more obscure books and especially autographed books. Each collector is different, which is what makes this hobby so unique and fun. Literally anyone can get into it!

"Big Boy Books" - The Great Legend
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
So the other day my comics went from "Grading" to "Quality Control" to "Grading"

I received an e-mail this morning from Customer Service so I called them back around 11am Arizona time and followed up with them. No reply. So I left a message.

I admit, I was worried, figured some of my books were damaged, or lost or something.

Around 3pm, Arizona time, Jake returned my call and he asked about a Kelly Sue Deconnick Signature on a book, and I was like, "Captain Marvel #14, It was a Quoiones cover with a double signature of KSD and JQ" because it was the situation I remembered a bit back about one signature not being noted.

Then Jake Fleming remembered me, and an awesome conversation he had with my nephew back in September. (ref: https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4488/page/1/mail-call--huge-thank-you-to-jake-fleming/#1)
Jake inquired how he was doing as well. I find that amazing that Jake remembered the situation, the talk, etc etc.

I get an email 5 minutes ago. "SHIPPED" ! wooh00 - I will continue to stand with CBCS. Thanks Jake for the follow up and fixing the little misconjecture.

Now the real anticipation starts.
Post 78 IP   flag post
the only email i got. was told that my books was graded in oct and they are not shipping till at lease 18th jan why.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemorris
the only email i got. was told that my books was graded in oct and they are not shipping till at lease 18th jan why.

oh wow.

If you sent them to get pressed and cleaned, I would then understand.
So they gave you a date so when they'd be shipped? Wow.
I would love it if someone told me the same instead of the lotto waiting game.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
My comics from NYCC are in grading hopefully I get them by February. A few Black Panthers I want to put on Ebay when that movie drops.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else not getting grading notes on their 9.8s recently? On my last order there are only notes for the 9.6, nothing for the 9.8s. I wonder if this part of just trying to get stuff out the door, like not using the cbcs white boxes anymore.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 My 9.8's have no notes either. Don't really like this practice. I want to know the flaws in the book. I want to know why it was graded a 9.8
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector spfd18 private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 If I'm not mistaken, all three grading companies don't provide grading notes for 9.8 grades. The reason for this, at least according to what I've read; is because even amongst graders there is a debate of what constitutes a 10.0, 9.9, or 9.8 because they're virtually similar.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfd18
@Themaxx35 If I'm not mistaken, all three grading companies don't provide grading notes for 9.8 grades. The reason for this, at least according to what I've read; is because even amongst graders there is a debate of what constitutes a 10.0, 9.9, or 9.8 because they're virtually similar.

My prior 9.8s and even my 9.9 had grading notes. If that’s the policy, it’s newly implemented.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
What is the current TAT for CBCS to acknowledge receipt of a submission? I believe once received the status should change from “submitted” to “received”? It is now 5 weeks since CBCS received the comics but status not yet changed.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
My Aliens mini's were received December 10th; I got the shipping e-mail today. Pressing + 2-Day Modern; figure 8-10 weeks by the time FexEx rings the bell.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
What is the current TAT for CBCS to acknowledge receipt of a submission? I believe once received the status should change from “submitted” to “received”? It is now 5 weeks since CBCS received the comics but status not yet changed.

Was your payment included with shipment of comics, or are you being billed?
I learned that when I send a Money order with my shipment of comics, they are received much faster.

Shoot Jake Fleming a message.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I learned that when I send a Money order with my shipment of comics, they are received much faster.

and PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE ON THIS FORUM my secret.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Shoot Jake Fleming a message.

Yeah Money Order won’t work for me as not based in the US. I contacted Steve but unfortunately he does not have access to that part of the system anymore and referred to Jake. I have emailed both customer service and Jake directly but still waiting for reply. Just sent Jake a message. Hopefully will get a reply soon
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
My brother submitted at the Cincinnati Comic Expo ( last weekend in Sept)and will be delivered tomorrow. Hope this helps everyones ETA, mine should be right behind his.
Post 91 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@_satan - I am happy for your brother, but would like some answers from CBCS as to why I am still waiting to get my order back that I submitted to them at a convention on August 19th. How is my order, all moderns and no pressing, a month behind everyone else’s orders?
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@_satan - I am happy for your brother, but would like some answers from CBCS as to why I am still waiting to get my order back that I submitted to them at a convention on August 19th. How is my order, all moderns and no pressing, a month behind everyone else’s orders?

thats terrible hopefully you can get it figured out
Post 93 IP   flag post
deleted
Post 94 IP   flag post
Just talked with Nick from Customer Services. Small misunderstanding but my comics are with CBCS - yeah!!!!
Post 95 IP   flag post
Quote:

Call them - very helpful and no waiting time

My lesson learnt. If I make a special arrangement - include the print-out of the conversation when submitting
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
My submission from Baltimore Comic Con is being shipped back to me. Yeah! Estimated to be here on Tuesday, which will make it exactly 17 weeks from the received date.
Post 97 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Call them - very helpful and no waiting time

My lesson learnt. If I make a special arrangement - include the print-out of the conversation when submitting

I left a PM with Jake a few days ago and got no response. So I called customer service and did speak to someone. All they could tell me is that I was scheduled for heat seals, which would then have to go to slabbing, and then QC, and then shipping. So I am still WEEKS away from getting my books back. I asked why people who submitted the same day I did at the same convention, got their books back 3 or 4 weeks ago. And why people who submitted a MONTH after me are already getting theirs back or have been notified that they are in shipping. I did not get a real response to those questions. I am very happy for everyone who is getting their comics back. I would just like to know why mine are a month or two behind everyone else’s.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
often i find there is a 3rd party alternate for payment that is often just a fast and just as secure often like paypal, amazon, or some other form. That may help with the payment to movement problem.
Post 99 IP   flag post
well they are not even replying to me now so thats it no more books will be going to them they take your money as soon as they get the books so if they cant bother to reply to emails i aint gonna give them any more of my books they all go to pgx i have already saent 3 lots over to pgx it looks as tho i will get htem 3 orders back before i even see my books fro cbcs not good buiseness as far as i am concerned maybe they need to money to pay for the slabbs then we still wiat
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I can only imagine your frustration (I dont slab my books), but I'd rather wait longer for a more reliable product than deal with PGX and get something questionable sooner.
I don't know what their current practices are like, but the stories about switching 1st printings with later printings is enough for me not to roll the dice. Plus I disagree with too many grades I see from them.
But that's me. Hopefully you'll be happy with your results.

Best of luck!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliemorris
well they are not even replying to me now so thats it no more books will be going to them they take your money as soon as they get the books so if they cant bother to reply to emails i aint gonna give them any more of my books they all go to pgx i have already saent 3 lots over to pgx it looks as tho i will get htem 3 orders back before i even see my books fro cbcs not good buiseness as far as i am concerned maybe they need to money to pay for the slabbs then we still wiat

I think that the watchword here is patience. I have sent off several lots to CBCS from the UK and they all arrive back eventually.

I received a lot back last week that I sent off on the 25th August when they were estimating a TAT of 12 weeks. Not including the time in shipping to them CBCS had the comics for 18 1/2 weeks and I received them 2 days later.

Send your comics off (tracked) and forget about them. Have patience, CBCS are obviously very busy but they do come through in the end.

I would countenance most strongly against using PGX.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
? is there more that 2 graders ?
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzbe
? is there more that 2 graders ?

Yep. They're right over there standing next to Bigfoot and the Easter Bunny.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm all for patience, we all understand the process is slower than it used to be and not as quick as we may like but I still choose CBCS, so I accept that.

I would add that I contacted CBCS regarding my 'Art' submissions as these should have been processed within 3 weeks (according to my dashboard)and got a response back after about 10 days. I received an apology and explanation that these books had 'fallen through the cracks' and that had hit a problem. Luckily the sketched covers were fine but the submitted paperwork for 2 of the books had become lost and as they had failed to contact me these would have remained in this state for any amount of time until i chased them.

This is by no means to bash CBCS, just an update for everyone awaiting books. When the problem was identified we, together, resolved the issue fairly quick. But I also wouldnt suggest we just 'sit back' and wait if something doesnt seem right or timescales are way over where they are. Happy with the service and resolution even if there was an initial problem.

My other signed books, received late September, are due to start moving in a few weeks, according to additional information.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601352 237 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?