Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 12/15/20175043

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
There seems to be a tremendous bottleneck between grading and shipping. My books were received on August 22nd (actually submitted in person at a convention on 8/19), but have been stuck in grading for about two weeks. I was hoping they would reach shipping this week, but now I am not so sure.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
TATs are a joke and clearly they have no solutions. If they cannot make serious inroads into the shameful TAT issue we could be looking at 1 year TATs by the middle of convention season.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
*written and deleted several times. got nothin good to say.

Merry Christmas.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
I have two books that have been in the grading stage for 3 weeks.. they are Christmas presents so heres to hoping.. thanks for the update.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Bmm187 private msg quote post Address this user
I was told at one point mine would be back before Christmas cbcs is full of <redacted> who want your money but wont give back your comics you cant beleve anything they say lol
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmm187
I was told at one point mine would be back before Christmas cbcs is full of <redacted> who want your money but wont give back your comics you cant beleve anything they say lol

Idk where you’re getting you can’t belive what they say. I’ve sent some in and was told turnaround was 8 weeks. Got them in 8. Then 12 got them in 12 now at 17 and currently in just a couple of weeks. They are having some issues but they are working on them as fast as they can. You should have seen that they have been having issues since September with backlog issues.

And I think it’s pretty clear that they aren’t <redacted> and only want your money. They have rountinely proven their consistency and standards in providing the best grading.

Almost everyone here realizes that have some hiccups but they are working through and getting on here calling them dumb shits isn’t solving anything.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
One of my orders arrived on 12-19. They were subbed in person on 7-21 with no perks. I don't mind the wait. I'm a casual collector though. Once I get the books back I look at them, enjoy them, then put them away. Anytime I sub books I have always set my mind on a six month period. For years I have done this. It just helps me to not obsess about when my books will arrive. If they arrive earlier, well, it's a nice surprise. I have one more order that was subbed about two weeks after this one. Sub it, forget it. Now I'm just trying to figure out which ones to send in next hmm.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector TKDTarantino private msg quote post Address this user
Got my June order from ComicConn back today and my August TerrifiCon order is coming tomorrow - Christmas came early for me
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Woohoo. Just got this email :

Your following CBCS submissions are ready to be shipped.

Received Sept 12th, no press, regular service 4 modern books.

Just a little over 14 weeks from when they were received.

I guess I will see them sometime next week
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector silverage1375 private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 41 books at a convention in Charlotte back in August that were "received" August 24th. Included among them were two Stan Lee Autographed books for verification, but no pressings. Received an email this morning that they are ready to be shipped. Have 14 other books in grading that were submitted at the Baltimore show in September. Hopefully, they will be ready by the end of January.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector silverage1375 private msg quote post Address this user
I never received an email from CBCS saying that my comics had actually shipped, but they arrived today. They came in two boxes with the slabs packed in each box, together in bubble wrap as "bricks". The other three times I have had books graded they came back with three or four slabs per CBCS box with each of those boxes wrapped with bubble wrap. I never had any damaged slabs among those shipments. Today, two slabs had substantial cracks at the top part of the slabs. A NM 98 9.6 was the better of the two damaged books - so it could have been worse. I have not yet inspected each book really carefully, but will do so soon. I guess that they have changed to either save time or money or both. CBCS should go back to the way they were doing it previously.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Bored waiting to play santa once the kids are sound asleep 🎄

Checked my status here and my books are in “imaging”. Hoping that means I can get my hopes up for a 9.9 or something great 🤷🏼‍♂️
Post 38 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer Unless you paid for pictures of your slabs, it probably means that one or more of them are going to be showing up in the "featured comics" section.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer - congrats, Jacob. I am still in grading for the 20 I submitted at Terrific Con. No boxes of slabs under my tree this year.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@shrewbeer - congrats, Jacob. I am still in grading for the 20 I submitted at Terrific Con. No boxes of slabs under my tree this year.

We came so close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@shrewbeer Unless you paid for pictures of your slabs, it probably means that one or more of them are going to be showing up in the "featured comics" section.

Good to know, thanks. Hopefully theres something there then that make missing them for christmas all worth it 👍🏻
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer Grats on the awesome issue sir. Here's to hoping you get that near-mythical "Gem".

*shrug* I'm new to this, so I've always been on the tail end of the eternal TAT. I can't complain, since I've not known anything else. I'm a new collector & aspiring LCS owner; but at the moment the dream is far off. I don't have an empire to build or customers to keep happy, so I can handle a long TAT. For those with commercial interests, I understand how the lack of reliability in TAT can be frustrating. CGC will probably see an uptick in business until things settle out, and if enough people are torqued off with both companies, maybe PGX will start taking things seriously & turn itself into a quality grading company.

...BWAHAHAHA! Ok, sorry; I felt that a joke was necessary.

I will say that the difference in packaging between the "old" method of having 3-5 slabs in a cardboard mailer, w/ thin foam between each slab & new "giant cube of bubble wrap", the old style seems to have been better protection. My recent submission of 40 books came back in the bubble-wrap "cube" and I am not impressed. Aside from not having the foam insert between each slab, having the bubble wrap as tight as it is makes it virtually solid, so any force that makes it through the packing peanuts is going to be applied to the slabs as well.

I'm not asking for a Pelican case (hmm...not a bad idea) but if there are frequent reports of damaged slabs so soon after a packaging change, CBCS may want to have the shipping department rethink the changes.
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My latest order was officially recieved today. If 17 weeks holds true, I’m looking at the end of April to get them back
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this funny post on cbcs Facebook. 😀

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Is CBCS closed until after the new year?
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Is CBCS closed until after the new year?
Nope. Got an email today that my order was ready to ship!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Orangestang private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 37 books @ Fan Expo Canada. The CBCS team was great to deal with at the event. They quoted me roughly 12 weeks at the time. I called them 2 weeks before Christmas and I was told the books will be shipping end of December or early January. My invoice says grading so I hope its accurate.

I am not mad, I understand that the CBCS team had some challenges with Hurricanes in the area. At the end of the day, I am glad everyone is ok from the team and business as usually started up shortly after. That will always create delays. As long as they are truthful and updating the community I am good with them.

Just my opinion, not trying to start an online war
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
There seems to be a tremendous bottleneck between grading and shipping. My books were received on August 22nd (actually submitted in person at a convention on 8/19), but have been stuck in grading for about two weeks. I was hoping they would reach shipping this week, but now I am not so sure.

how many books?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:

how many books?

20 - all Moderns, no pressing, and they are still listed as in Grading
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Been in grading stage for 5 weeks tomorrow. Hoping they ship by friday..
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector Orangestang private msg quote post Address this user
I feel you bro, mine says grading for a while too
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user
8 books still say "recieved" after 22 weeks.........
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Received my (5) books that were sent through a facilitator using fast pass at NYCC. I just received them today. I was not expecting them as I had paid for them to use CBCS for pressing which would put the TAT way out there. After reading the grading notes I have some research and questions to ask certain individuals.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
17 books in the system since end of Sept, expecting standard delay/timing on these and fully accept that.

2 books processed as artwork in the system since end of Sept, 3 weeks turnaround quoted, still no movement.

1 book incorrectly processed as artwork in my last order and still awaiting an answer from CS since mid October as to how they will resolve this.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
My books just moved into grading yesterday. Books received on 10/6--no pressing etc.
Post 55 IP   flag post
598092 237 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?