Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 12/15/20175043

Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted two signed and verified books at the ACE comic con back in January. Today they moved into grading which I'm stoked about, but I do have a question how long does it normally take to go from grading to quality control?
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzies
I submitted two signed and verified books at the ACE comic con back in January. Today they moved into grading which I'm stoked about, but I do have a question how long does it normally take to go from grading to quality control?

Uhmmm Yeah about ACE..

I had TrinityComics submit one book for me with a Stan Sig. It was submitted received on Feb 15.
It moved in to shipping two days ago. This one had a FAST PASS attached to it.

I submitted 4 other books at ACE that would get signatures by Kubert & Romita. Those were received January 31st. Today those moved in to shipping.

I got 6 books that were received March 22, and 3 more were received today, even though they were all sent the same day.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I only had 118 books graded in the last year. I don't think I'll do that much for the next membership year.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I knew about fast pass and pressing....I was so excited to get Silver Surfer and A date with Millie signed by Stan Lee that I forgot to ask the people at the cbcs booth about it.
Post 229 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
When I saw a Fedex notice I thought I was getting the last 99 or so books from the November Rhode Island show.

Instead I received about 243 books from my submission from the middle of February, and no I did not fast track anything.

Very fast turnaround on this batch of signed modern books.
Post 230 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My 1 book order received earlier this month (I got the “received” email March 12th but the book was delivered about a week earlier) is in grading.

Of course, “production” seems to be where things slow down, spending 3, maybe 4 weeks waiting for labels and shipping
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Instead I received about 243 books from my submission from the middle of February, and no I did not fast track anything.

Very fast turnaround on this batch of signed modern books.

Their current turnaround says that they're shipping books from last August.
Post 232 IP   flag post
@robertofredrico Their latest turnaround update was on Decembwr 15th and is very much out of date. I received an order last week that they received in late December and a book they received earlier this month is already in grading
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@robertofredrico Their latest turnaround update was on Decembwr 15th and is very much out of date. I received an order last week that they received in late December and a book they received earlier this month is already in grading

If they have more current turnaround times, why wouldn't they post them?
Post 234 IP   flag post
@robertofredrico If people are giving you real-world examples to the contrary why would you cling to information that is months old?

And though they haven’t done an updated turnaround time post, CBCS employees have stated, far more recently, that the turnaround times are now down to about 12 weeks, and from what I’ve seen, from my own personal experience and not just one but several orders now, that appears to be the case, and certainly far more accurate than Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Their current turnaround says that they're shipping books from last August.
Post 235 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I got an e-mail that CBCS had completed the final lot (aside from one pressed book) from the Rhode Island show in early November. When I saw an e-mail from Fedex I was expecting 99 books.

It would seem that those books will arrive next week as I ended up with 243 books from two of my February invoices instead. It took me the better part of the day to unpack and organize everything.

Lots of work ahead of me today as I start listing the books. No rest for the wicked.
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I love CBCS so a dig this is not...just informative. I sent packages to both places at the same time ...it's apples and oranges because sigs had to be verified here so that takes time.

But....my moderns (no fast pass, no press ) next door are being encapsulated now and I'm told they will be ready to view (grades) middle of next week. Its been 4 weeks and 2 days since they were received. That's fast
Post 237 IP   flag post
600903 237 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?