Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 12/15/20175043

FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user

#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm going to finally use my freebies from my subscription in the next couple of weeks.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Mintcondition private msg quote post Address this user
Wow in 23 days standard pressing tot moved up 12 days. At this rate I should see my books some time next June or July , almost whole year since I submitted them at supercon.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
So let's see if I'm reading this right. From the last update (11/22/2017) to this update (12/15/2017), 23 days have passed.

Consumer/Expanded: Shipping has moved only 12 days (thus the stated TAT is updated from 16 weeks to 17 weeks), but the Grading has moved 37 days.

So theoretically, TAT's should start to see a decrease. (unless there's a bottleneck in encapsulation & QC)

Modern: Shipping has moved 23 days (thus the stated TAT of 17 weeks has stayed the same), but Grading has moved only 12 days.

So, theoretically, TAT's for Modern's may be getting worse? Hope that's not the case.
Post 4 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar You are correct. The bottleneck is in the production department. We are working on flow in there, along with putting in extra hours and there should be a reduction in TAT on the next update, especially on the Modern tier.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Jake_Fleming Thanks for the response.

Also, I have a submission from Baltimore CC, dated received 9/26/17. Some books were Modern, some Consumer/Expanded. No pressing. (I did a separate submission for the books I was having pressed.)

My dashboard still notes my submission as "Receiving". Per your update, these should all be in grading. Correct? Are you still pushing out an e-mail when they move to grading?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Chadseale private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure this update is inaccurate. I received an email on Sept 28 my books were received and processed. Yet no email they have gone to grading.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
The bottleneck is in the production department.

Welcome to my life. When we have challenges like this at the plant, we ask the following: is this an equipment, process, or A&E issue?

I assume production is not a completely automated process, but is there equipment involved that requires downtime for periodic maintenance? (Note: a "How Its Made" video on the process would be extremely cool).

Is the process of getting the different parts (book, label, slab, packaging, etc.) together hitting a procedural snag somewhere? Handoffs between departments, bottlenecking, etc.?

A&E, "...and elbows", refers to personnel availability. Are there key personnel involved in the different stages who's availability directly impacts workflow (if person "X" is unavailable, department "Y" has a significant performance delta)? Are there designated alternate(s) for key personnel, as well as a "minimum staffing" policy to assist in managing vacation/busy-vs.-production schedules?

(Update) They arrived! Submitted August 10th, arrived December 15th. So happy to have everything back & ready for hanging on the wall. Photos are in the "New to your collection" thread. Peak happy.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine should be going to grading anytime now unless my problem was not fixed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Pocketrevoltech private msg quote post Address this user
Still have a lot faith in the CBCS Seal of Quality, but with each TAT update my excitement wanes
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Cbcs ages the comics in their facility for at least 6-9 months. Like a fine wine. Much better quality that way.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Means I probably won't see mind for Christmas.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector rdbing private msg quote post Address this user
They Received my books Oct 10. Today is Dec 16 and they are showing in Receiving. I guess the April shipping date is going to be correct after all...I do hope the process starts to pick up the pace a little bit, even if it is after the New Year.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Bmm187 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still waiting for mine from fanexpo toronto from sept they were spose to arrive on the 15th or 20th of dec this is the last time Im summiting comics to cbcs they dont even send you emails of the levels of grading it says mine are in progress but it says grading and on the invoice says labels so how is my comics going to come back by the 20th if it still says this none sence lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
You wanna talk about waiting for a long TAT. I've been waiting for this little girl for 38 weeks!! She will be here by Christmas though.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
@Kaleljll Im waiting on my little one to get here as well, due jan 8 but could come anytime
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _satan
@Kaleljll Im waiting on my little one to get here as well, due jan 8 but could come anytime

Congrats!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
With the updated TAT, my books should be moving to grading in the next week hopefully (handed to cbcs on 9/30, rec. 10/2)
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
@Jake_Fleming Thanks for the response.

Also, I have a submission from Baltimore CC, dated received 9/26/17. Some books were Modern, some Consumer/Expanded. No pressing. (I did a separate submission for the books I was having pressed.)

My dashboard still notes my submission as "Receiving". Per your update, these should all be in grading. Correct? Are you still pushing out an e-mail when they move to grading?

E-mail received this morning that this submission is in Grading.
Post 19 IP   flag post
woohoo My books just moved to grading.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm trying to figure out how my books are received before 9/30, and yet they still sit in processing.

I have about 5-8 more books from Trinity at CBCS, and have no idea where they sit in the status que.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Cwausti private msg quote post Address this user
3 emails inquiring about my June 1 submissions and no replies or ETA?..?..? SEVEN.5 months,,, there's gotta be something wrong
Post 22 IP   flag post
I called cbcs today and they say now my comics well be back end of dec or jan now. Its bull shit i was told dec 15 then the 20th now end of dec or jan im not dealing with them ever again im going to sumit comics with cgc
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
@OrbitCityComics same here. My books included a verification which slows it down and why mine are not in grading (thats also saying that the put my date back to the original day after a check in problem on CBCS's end). But my brothers were received before 9/30 and his are still processing.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been getting my books turned around quite quickly lately. Thanks guys - things are looking brighter!
Post 25 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
There seems to be a tremendous bottleneck between grading and shipping. My books were received on August 22nd (actually submitted in person at a convention on 8/19), but have been stuck in grading for about two weeks. I was hoping they would reach shipping this week, but now I am not so sure.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
TATs are a joke and clearly they have no solutions. If they cannot make serious inroads into the shameful TAT issue we could be looking at 1 year TATs by the middle of convention season.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
*written and deleted several times. got nothin good to say.

Merry Christmas.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
I have two books that have been in the grading stage for 3 weeks.. they are Christmas presents so heres to hoping.. thanks for the update.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I was told at one point mine would be back before Christmas cbcs is full of <redacted> who want your money but wont give back your comics you cant beleve anything they say lol
Post 30 IP   flag post
600782 237 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?