Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver AgeQuestions

I'm sure it's a temporary but, thoughts?5042

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I've never used that certification field when searching, but that's very helpful if you're searching for something specific. Thanks for the tip, @shrewbeer. 👍🏼
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I've never used that certification field when searching, but that's very helpful if you're searching for something specific. Thanks for the tip, @shrewbeer. 👍🏼
Oh yes, explore the ebay filters! They are wonderful things, you can get uber specific 👌🏻
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
It's against the law to have your donkey sleep in a bathtub in Arizona since 1924.
They could afterall take a dump in there and clog up the drains. Laws are laws; rules are rules and they are to be followed.
I am, of course, being facetious.

Laws that have outlived their usefulness or relevance should be reviewed.

Of course, that's not the case here, obviously. There is a reason this rule exists, and it's a good reason. If someone doesn't recognize that keyword spamming HURTS EVERYONE on eBay, by frustrating buyers and driving them elsewhere, what will convince them? It is NOT a "harmless" practice. It means fewer eyeballs on my stuff, your stuff, and everyone else's stuff.

People who don't like the rules often point to obselete, irrelevant laws to "demonstrate" the "futility" of following the laws. It really just boils down to "no one tells me what to do", which afflicts all of humanity.

As far as "both right and both wrong", I merely point back to the robbing your house example.

If I need to feed my starving children, is it wrong to rob your house?

The answer is still yes, and will always be yes. I am not "right" simply because I am in need. Anyone can justify anything. Anything! Theft, murder, rape, genocide...it can all be justified. "Screw you, I can do what I want, how DARE you make an issue of it!"

Look at the hostility displayed by some for arguing FOR law and order. The "bad guy" is the one defending a good rule...?

People reveal their character in interesting ways.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:

And if sellers don't use the certification field...?

Filters don't help you when things you might want are filtered OUT.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't used the filter because I want to see both CGC & CBCS listings. It's there for those who care. For that, it's a nice option.

And equating this situation to robbery, even in hyperbole, is just absurd.

Let's just discontinue the conversation, Doc.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
I haven't used the filter because I want to see both CGC & CBCS listings. It's there for those who care. For that, it's a nice option.

And equating this situation to robbery, even in hyperbole, is just absurd.

Not even remotely. Do you know why...? Because when you keyword spam, and buyers get frustrated having to wade through piles of crap that isn't what they're looking for, they go elsewhere. When they go elsewhere, that means they're not looking at stuff on eBay. That means you've robbed sellers...including yourself...of the potential opportunity to sell something to someone.

"It's harmless!" you justify. No, it's not. Neither is robbing your house, regardless of the justification. Anyone can justify anything, which was the point of the illustration.

Quote:
Let's just discontinue the conversation, Doc.

Fine with me.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think we need a another group of individuals on here other than the ones originally mentioned in another thread - those that belly-ache and whine over every little inconvenience in their life - very revealing indeed
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think we need a another group of individuals on here other than the ones originally mentioned in another thread - those that belly-ache and whine over every little inconvenience in their life

Dismiss, diminish, discredit.

Don't consider the merits of the argument.

Attack the person.

"Argumentum ad hominem."
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
I think we need a another group of individuals on here other than the ones originally mentioned in another thread - those that belly-ache and whine over every little inconvenience in their life

Attack the person.

"Argumentum ad hominem."

Someone wake me when you're done
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Attack the person.

"Argumentum ad hominem."

If you have a valid argument to make, make it. If you don't have a valid argument to make, attacking the person only adds to the hostility. Is that your goal?
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Attack the person.

"Argumentum ad hominem."

If you have a valid argument to make, make it. If you don't have a valid argument to make, attacking the person only adds to the hostility. Is that your goal?

I did
Post 61 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

You can select both CGC, CBCS, and raws, and just filter out all PGX books. Or any combination of the four 😉
Post 62 IP   flag post
I think I'll go take a nap; not be awake.
Or perhaps I'll go for a run; not a walk
Or maybe even turn on the light; not leave it on.
I may even write on this Forum; not CGC

My gosh... I just realized... I'm cluttering up this forum!!! how horrific
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think I'll go take a nap; not be awake.
Or perhaps I'll go for a run; not a walk
Or maybe even turn on the light; not leave it on.
I may even write on this Forum; not CGC

My gosh... I just realized... I'm cluttering up this forum!!! how horrific

Yup. Dismiss, discredit, diminish. "You can't tell ME what to do!!"

I'm fine with it. If it means people stop doing it, great. I'm cool with bearing the brunt of scorn for arguing in defense of order.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Sorry.. no ones here. I'm not awake
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sorry.. no ones here. I'm not awake

That would explain things...
Post 66 IP   flag post
zzzzzzzzzz
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzz

Finally.
Post 68 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzz

Finally.

Apologies if you felt too much.
I did not and do not appreciate being lumped into the "everyone" category under "hurts everyone".
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzz

Finally.

I did not and do not appreciate being lumped into the "everyone" category under "hurts everyone".

It was too much the second you decided to categorize defending order as "belly-aching and whining" about an "inconvenience." And you did so because someone dared to stand up for the rule of law, which offended you.

That's not reasoned, rational debate. That's grade school taunting.

For the reasons I've explained, multiple times, keyword spamming hurts everyone on eBay.

What possible argument do you have that says otherwise? I'm willing to listen.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzz

Finally.

It was too much the second you decided to categorize defending order as "belly-aching and whining" about an "inconvenience." And you did so because someone dared to stand up for the rule of law, which offended you.

For the reasons I've explained, multiple times, keyword spamming hurts everyone on eBay.

Sure. - "not cgc" does not hurt me. I'm part of everyone as well as the other folks who expressed they have no issue.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Sure. - "not cgc" does not hurt me. I'm part of everyone as well as the other folks who expressed they have no issue.

It doesn't "hurt" me either but I find it very frustrating to have to weed through those listings.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
zzzzzzzzzz

Finally.

1. Keyword spamming clutters up eBay.

2. Cluttered eBay frustrates potential buyers.

3. Frustrated buyers go elsewhere to not be frustrated.

4. Sellers who have fewer buyers have fewer sales.

5. Fewer sales means less income, which hurts sellers.

6. Sellers who have enough fewer sales stop selling altogether.

7. Sellers who stop selling altogether means fewer options to choose from, which hurts buyers, because competition is what makes prices better.

8. Fewer options to choose from means buyers have even less incentive to come to eBay, which just repeats the cycle...but hey, at least there won't be as much keyword spamming!

Is it the greatest problem facing eBay buyers and sellers? Of course not. Not by a long shot. But is it a problem that is easily solved simply by everyone choosing to play fairly? Hell yes.

Just because you don't see the bigger picture does not mean that it doesn't exist.

"You're making a big deal out of nothing!!" Am I? Or is it the ones saying "It's not a big deal!!" the ones making it a big deal...? If it's not a big deal...why even bother responding?
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

It doesn't "hurt" me either but I find it very frustrating to have to weed through those listings.

I absolutely accept that you've personalized your thoughts and opinion. Seriously I do. Thank you
That's all I ask.
Others,however, can't seem to avoid grouping my life concerns with their own personal frustration. That's where I draw a line
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I absolutely accept that you've personalized your thoughts and opinion. Seriously I do. Thank you
That's all I ask.
Others,however, can't seem to avoid grouping my life concerns with their own personal frustration. That's where I draw a line

You're still missing the point. If you're not frustrated by keyword spamming, kudos for you! That's not the point. The point is that you're NOT the only buyer on eBay, and you cannot impose your "lack of frustration" on everyone else

This isn't theory, this isn't supposition. eBay's had this position for many years, because they recognize that it is fact: buyers AS A WHOLE get frustrated by listings clogged up by keyword spamming.

It's WONDERFUL that it doesn't bother you...and if you could magically wave a wand and make it bother no one, I'd say keyword spam away!

But you cannot, and therefore don't have the ability to speak for every other buyer and their frustration level.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's all I ask.

You're still missing the point. If you're not frustrated by keyword spamming, kudos for you! That's not the point. The point is that you're NOT the only buyer on eBay, and you cannot impose your "lack of frustration" on everyone else

This isn't theory, this isn't supposition. eBay's had this position for many years, because they recognize that it is fact: buyers AS A WHOLE get frustrated by listings clogged up by keyword spamming.

It's WONDERFUL that it doesn't bother you...and if you could magically wave a wand and make it bother no one, I'd say keyword spam away!

But you cannot, and therefore don't have the ability to speak for every other buyer and their frustration level.

Actually youre missing the point - but that's not uncommon with repetitious pontification
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:

Actually youre missing the point - but that's not uncommoon with repetitious pontification

"Argumentum ad hominem" is not a valid form of debate.

It's grade school taunting.

If I'm missing the point, why not explain it for everyone else, so others can learn? That's the point of discussion, after all.

When I say "keyword spamming hurts everyone", I'm NOT referring to someone's frustration level, which is where you went off track. I'm referring to the RESULTS of that CORPORATE frustration. See point #7 in post #74 in this thread.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Actually youre missing the point - but that's not uncommoon with repetitious pontification

If I'm missing the point, why not explain it for everyone else?

When I say "keyword spamming hurts everyone", I'm NOT referring to someone's frustration level, which is where you went off track. I'm referring to the RESULTS of that CORPORATE frustration. See point #7 in post #74 in this thread.

You have an uncanny ability to put me to sleep.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If I'm missing the point, why not explain it for everyone else?

You have an uncanny ability to put me to sleep.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Expressions of contempt don't make your argument more valid.
Post 80 IP   flag post
598073 147 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.