Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Comic Releases Dec13-Random Shuffle5006

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
There are a lot of random goodies coming out this week!

BOOM! Studios:

Judas 1 of 4 - I remember seeing the solicit on this and I got REALLY curious... This looks like a mini-series painting Judas as the central figure who had the sacrifice himself for everyone, "grappling with his place in 'The Greatest Story Ever Told,' and how much of his part was preordained." Could be a very good read.

Two cover options - Jakub Rebelka (A) and Jeremy Bastian (B)

Dark Horse:

Giants 1 - I was going to completely discount this one at first... Giant kaiju-like monsters aren't really my thing, but I was reading advance reviews and checking out some of the artwork, and this does look really good! This is the first American work of Carlos and Miguel Valderama.

DC Comics:

DC Universe by John Byrne HC - I'm mentioning this one because... well... it's Christmas! I'm a Byrne fan and I figure some of you are as well! I like this one, because I used to follow Byrne around in his Marvel and DC work, when I could find it, so this book collecting everything is pretty handy!

Detective Comics 970 - You're reading Fall of the Batmen, right? This is part two, but you can probably still pick up part one, since it came out a whopping two weeks ago. This looks to be leading to some shake-ups, so get caught up!

Two cover options - Eddy Barrows & Eber Ferreira (A) and Rafael Albuquerque (B) <-- Personally, I have been enjoying the non-Albuquerque covers recently...

Flash 36 - Jumping on point... This is the first part of "A Cold Day in Hell"... Looks to be a bit of a mystery as someone from The Flash's Rogue's Gallery is murdered inside Iron Heights Prison. Who could it be? What's the larger consiracy... What is that tension-filled music playing in the background, and how do I turn it off?

Two cover options - Neil Googe (A) and Howard Porter (B)

Supergirl 16 - While the issue itself is a random one, for all of your Artgerm collecters out there, the "B" cover is a Stanley "Artgerm" Lau... Don't forget to track it down before the shelves clear out. Retailers are probably catching on to the hype.

Titans 18 - If you read my PreOrders post recently, you saw something about a Titans shake-up... I'm guessing that starts. right. here... "The Rise of Troia" pits Donna Troy against a "nightmare-Troia-a tristed veersion of hereself from the not-so-distant future, bent on destroying her friends and pushing Donna toward her own dark fate." The last sentence of the description, however is what clues us in... "Don't miss the stunning issue that's destined to change the Titans forever!"

Two cover options - Brett Booth & Norm Rapmund (A) and Dan Mora (B)

Image Comics:

Rumble 1 - So, the description tells me this is the return of a "critically acclaimed" book, but I'm not familiar with it... There's also a B Cover by Mike Mignola. I must be asleep at the wheel! Ancient warrior god turned sword-wielding scarecrow turned into something else. Guess we'll have to wait, read, and see.

Two cover options - David Rubin & Dave Stewart (A) and Mike Mignola & Dave Stewart (B)

Marvel Comics:

If you're looking for Phoenix Variants this week, check on Amazing Spider-Man 792, Daredevil 596, Despicable Deadpool 290, Falcon 3, Punisher 219, and She-Hulk 160... I think Deadpool is probably the most entertaining, just because it has nothing to do with Phoenix!

There are two lenticular covers this week - one for Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 27 and another for Weapon X 12. I have to say, though, that Weapon X knocks it out of the park just for an amazing cover, Lenticular or not.

Keep an eye out, too, for three True Believers tied to Phoenix this week - True Believers Phoenix Bizarre Adventures 1, True Believers Phoenix Classic 1, and True Believers Phoenix Returns 1. The most important of the three, I believe, is Bizarre adventures, because it's a rare magazine, and it is the first time it has been released in color. The Classic issue has some material from the backing features of Classic X-Men, which many haven't seen. Phoenix Returns is from an issue of the Fantastic Four AFTER Phoenix died (the first time) and Jean Grey was discovered to be alive (the first time).

Amazing Spider-Man 792 - This is the first cross-over for Venom Inc (Part 2 overall). If you're going to get the whole thing, be sure to pick it up! Spider-Man, Venom, Black Cat, some new villain named Maniac, and more... Should be nice and nuts.

Three cover options - Alex Ross (A), Ryan Stegman (B - limited variant likely), and Ryan Stegman Phoenix Variant (C - Exceed Variant). The Alex Ross variant has a hidden character on the advertising, but I do have an image revealing who it is... You might want to make sure to get this one... It's important on two levels, but I won't spoil it. If you really want to know, PM me.

Weapon X 12 - I already mentioned the Lenticular cover, which is GREAT, but this is the first part of a new storyline, Nuke-Clear War... It has to do with Mutant Genocide in a small, third world country. Maybe Genosha on a smaller scale? Either way, Weapon X to the rescue! I'm looking forward to Greg Pak and team doing something new after the Weapon H "stuff"... There are multiple covers, of course, but I'm just showing the main and an incentive cover, because it's nuts... There's the regular, lenticular, headshot, trading card, and incentive.

Regular cover by Rahzzah

Incentive Cover by Andrea Sorrentino

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Out of these - these are the ones I pre-ordered (of course there could be others as well ๐Ÿ˜Ž)

Judas 1 A+B
Supergirl 16 Artgerm
ASM 792 A+B
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Out of these - these are the ones I am into:

Judas 1 A+B
Supergirl 16 Artgerm
ASM 792 A+B

Ha ha.... I just realized the "B" cover of ASM gives away the hidden figure in the "A" cover. Oh well!

These Venom Inc covers are INSANE.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
I have the complete Rumble vol 1. Its okay I could have lived without it. I will get issue 1 of the new vol as I dont believe I took it off my pulls and Im simply to lazy to call.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseale0223
I have the complete Rumble vol 1. Its okay I could have lived without it. I will get issue 1 of the new vol as I dont believe I took it off my pulls and Im simply to lazy to call.

I've done that on books and ended up with 10 issues or more of a book I didn't give a hoot about, ha ha... Eventually, you go through and read those issues piling up and think, "yeah... I should have cancelled."
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard I hear you on that. I do it all the time sadly. I did it with the new 52 Lobo as well. I need to purge my holds list but keep forgetting to do it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard Thanks for the heads up. Got that Deadpool #290. Funny Cover.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard

Ha ha.... I just realized the "B" cover of ASM gives away the hidden figure in the "A" cover. Oh well!

These Venom Inc covers are INSANE.

Yeah - been out there for a while!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Here's the ACTUAL Cover A for Detective Comics 970... Some sites have it right, some have it wrong. Haven't figured out of the Albuquerque cover is wrong yet.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Something else interesting... Some of you may have seen this, but I didn't. There's another cover of ASM 792 circulating around with "Maniac", drawn by LIENIL FANCIS YU, who makes his debut in the issue. It's limited to 3000 copies. If you want one, shop around, because some sites are charging more than they should.

If this is the debut of a new symbiote, potentially an anti-venom version of Agent Venom (unless that has already existed), and whatever else, this and the Stegman 1:whatever variant will be the hot items.

I saw this one on frankiescomics.com for $9.99 and another site for over $20... easy math.

https://frankiescomics.com/products/amazing-spider-man-792-maniac-yu-variant-color

Post 10 IP   flag post
@thelastbard sold most of my Stegman variants - except a few I will be keeping for now.

Note that the Yu variants also exists in virgin 1/600. Still have a few of those but donโ€™t really want to sell them so keeping the price high ๐Ÿ˜€.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@thelastbard sold most of my Stegman variants - except a few I will be keeping for now.

Note that the Yu variants also exists in virgin 1/600. Still have a few of those but donโ€™t really want to sell them so keeping the price high ๐Ÿ˜€.

Looks like I missed the boat!
Post 12 IP   flag post
@thelastbard if there is any interest i can probably do a package of 1 stegman 1:25, 1 yu color 1/3000 and 1 yu virgin 1/600 for $100 - shipping incl. might even throw a dnm mattina 3 or 4 color in for free
Post 13 IP   flag post
601378 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?