Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The proper way to watch Star Wars?5003

Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Oxbladder You can't blame Jake Lloyd or Hayden Christansen for that. They are what they are. They didn't cast themselves in the roles and write the horrible dialogue. They were given the job and did what they could. It's ultimately the failure of Lucas.

As for Jake Lloyd, he's had enough torment in his life over the roll. Angry fans have taken out their frustrations on him for a long time. He was a 7 year old kid, for crying out loud. We are lucky to not be judged, ridiculed, and scorned non-stop our whole lives for something we did when we were 7 years old. I honestly feel sorry for him on behalf of the Star Wars "fans" who have made his life hell.

I agree about Jake Lloyd. He was cast in a dream part than any of our 7 year old self's would have died for.

I've seen a few other movies with Hayden, and I believe him to be horribly cast, and his acting leaves a bit to be desired in the other movies I've seen him in. He did one with John Travolta that was almost tolerable, but still left me scratching my head as to what the casting director saw in him.

To be fair, every actor seemed subpar in the prequels. Hayden and Portman get most of the blame since they were in every other scene.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Rogue One, IV, V, VI, VII

Forget I, II and III - never happened

Be charitable, I really enjoyed watching Hayden Christianson getting deep fried in III.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
You really have to live in Washington State or Colorado to truly enjoy the experience.

Massachusetts too.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
I actually liked III for the Vader moment as well. Natalie Portman was horribly miscast as Leia’s mom.

I think she was just horribly directed by a guy who wrote a couple awful scripts.
Post 29 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
To be fair, every actor seemed subpar in the prequels. Hayden and Portman get most of the blame since they were in every other scene.

Oddly, Ewan McGregor as Obiwan has been my second favorite cast actor in the entire saga. Behind only Harrison Ford from the original trilogy. I thought Harrison was borderline horrible in episode VII, to the point I was glad he was killed in the movie. I only wished it had been an hour sooner in the film.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshel61
What's Star Wars?

It's another name for a black hole.

Oooooo...Blackhole...now that's a movie

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Rogue One, IV, V, VI, VII

Forget I, II and III - never happened

This is the correct answer, though I do admit episode III appeals to me. After episode IV released my friends and I read an interview with Lucas where he talked about Vader being born in a volcano. When it actually happened on screen, I wept in the theater. My kids were like, wtf? It was the moment I had wanted to see since my childhood.

Well, reboots are in vogue now...so after Disney is done with VII-IX, maybe they'll go after I-III again...put a new spin on them...then look out Episode IV....
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I've seen Hayden in at least one other movie and he sucks balls in that too. As for judging, you may be right but I have been judged for stuff my whole life whether earned or not.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
You really have to live in Washington State or Colorado to truly enjoy the experience.

Massachusetts too.
My Home state of Oregon as well
Post 34 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Oxbladder My point being that they were chosen to be in the movie, knowing that they were not good actors. Blame for that goes to Lucas. The poor performances were compounded by Lucas' horrible dialogue.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts okay whatever Steve. Funny you don't have anything to say about the criticism of Portman.

I will stick to disliking the actors ... and Lucas' decision to cast two craptacular actors for those roles.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Civilization is slowly spreading, I expect the southern US to join in in 50 years or so and enjoy Star Wars properly too.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
It depends. It you wish to follow the story - what them in the order chronological order.

If you wish to follow the development of the technology making movies - watch them in release order.
Post 38 IP   flag post
597866 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?