Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The proper way to watch Star Wars?5003

Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
What's the proper order to watch the movies

Episode I, II, III, Rogue One, Episodes IV, V, VI, VII.

OR

Order of release.

Episodes IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII, ROGUE ONE.

The struggle is real.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Rogue One, IV, V, VI, VII

Forget I, II and III - never happened
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Omitting Rogue One, I'm interested in trying the modified order of:

IV, V, II, III, VI

This way you start with the movies that were released first, thus preserving the appropriate introduction to the world and preserves the twist of Empire. After the risen stakes and uncertainty after the end of Empire we take an extended flashback to further explore Darth Vader's revelation and witness Anakin's fall for ourselves. We comie back to Return of the Jedi with Anakin's fall fresh in our minds making the parallels with Luke's story at that point more pertinent. Finally, the saga ends with with Anakin's redemption and the rebel victory over the empire.

Episode I works, at best, as a side story, as the events contained aren't especially critical for the Luke/Anakin arc and most important information is recapped in the remaining films.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Omitting Rogue One, I'm interested in trying the modified order of:

IV, V, II, III, VI

This way you start with the movies that were released first, thus preserving the appropriate introduction to the world and the twist of Empire. After the risen stakes and uncertainty after the end of Empire we take an extended flashback to further explore Darth Vader's revelation, before coming back for Return of the Jedi with Anakin's fall fresh in our minds making the parallels with Luke's story at that point more critical. Finally, the saga ends with with Anakin's redemption and the rebel victory over the empire.

Episode I works, at best, as a side story, as the events contained aren't especially critical for the Luke/Anakin arc and most important information is recapped in the remaining films.

This is called "Machete" order.

clickable text
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer the order of release
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Watch Star Wars and forget the rest.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I think I have only seen the first one. I might have started watching a couple of the later ones, but got bored and changed the channels.

First one was the greatest movie I had ever seen in a theater at the time (1977 or so). Before that was Barbarella and Ben-Hur.

I had a huge crush on Jane Fonda back then. I didn't pay much attention to politics in my teens. But now she disgusts me. She got replaced by Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) when Star Wars came out.

But I digress.
Post 8 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

This is the correct answer, though I do admit episode III appeals to me. After episode IV released my friends and I read an interview with Lucas where he talked about Vader being born in a volcano. When it actually happened on screen, I wept in the theater. My kids were like, wtf? It was the moment I had wanted to see since my childhood.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I actually liked III for the Vader moment as well. Natalie Portman was horribly miscast as Leia’s mom.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
It’s obviously simply my personal opinion, but lord am I tired of all the Star Wars shit!😒 I was 7 when it first released in 1977! I have seen and watched this stuff my entire life. Had toys, comics, posters, etc as well as seen others toys, comics, and posters. The entire franchise is now truly annoying the shit out of me 🙄 Even the sounds and special effects drive me nuts when I look at them. Whenever I hear the sound of the fighters screaming through space, the lightsabers clashing, the ear piercing tone of the weapons firing, it drives me MAD!!!! I can’t stand Star Wars anymore, sorry, enough for me. Add insult to this lifetime injury. The shit does ZERO for my Disney shares stock price 😡 Yep, Star Wars sucks now!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Machete order is definitely my preferred way to watch them:

Rogue One, IV, V, II, III, VI, VII

It gives you a good blend of new and old and the story flows really well; plus it easily allows you to skip episode I which most people hate (Although i will still admittedly watch episode 1 here and there pretty much solely for the pod race and Darth Maul).
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Natalie Portman was horribly miscast as Leia’s mom.

We do not speak unkindly of Natalie Portman. Apologize!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

🤣 I do think she is awesome, just not as Leia’s mom.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

HA HA!!!! "Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" I blame it on the writing, not on her...

@dpiercy I agree, I liked the Vader moments, though. When things got just plain emotionally DARK and twisted on.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot
The shit does ZERO for my Disney shares stock price Yep, Star Wars sucks now!

Visit Hollywood studios in Disney, then say it's not helping your stock price. The entire park IS star wars.

Quote:
Quote:

DILLY DILLY!

Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
I actually liked III for the Vader moment as well. Natalie Portman was horribly miscast as Leia’s mom.

To me, Portman was fine. Hayden was horrible. I'm not sure if it was the writing, Lucas directing, or his acting, but I never pictured the Dark Lord of the Sith to be a whiny little bastard.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Rogue One, iv,v,vi. 1-3 if they interest you some good and some bad in there. I think if I ever was in the presence of the little kid that played Anakin and Hayden Christansen I would have to punch them in the throat because they are truly craptacular actors. Rogue One kicks all other Star Wars movies butts ... even the much acclaimed Empire Strikes Back (which I still find to be a bit boring).

Portman is a good actress she just had crap to work with. Hayden was even worse than her acting-wise. He is truly crappy I have no idea how he made it onto film.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder You can't blame Jake Lloyd or Hayden Christansen for that. They are what they are. They didn't cast themselves in the roles and write the horrible dialogue. They were given the job and did what they could. It's ultimately the failure of Lucas.

As for Jake Lloyd, he's had enough torment in his life over the roll. Angry fans have taken out their frustrations on him for a long time. He was a 7 year old kid, for crying out loud. We are lucky to not be judged, ridiculed, and scorned non-stop our whole lives for something we did when we were 7 years old. I honestly feel sorry for him on behalf of the Star Wars "fans" who have made his life hell.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
You really have to live in Washington State or Colorado to truly enjoy the experience.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
The order that makes the most sense is 5, 3, 6, 1, 7, Rogue One, 4, 2, then 2 again.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
What's Star Wars?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshel61
What's Star Wars?

It's another name for a black hole.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshel61
What's Star Wars?

It's another name for a black hole.

Oooooo...Blackhole...now that's a movie
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Live Long and Prosper!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@Oxbladder You can't blame Jake Lloyd or Hayden Christansen for that. They are what they are. They didn't cast themselves in the roles and write the horrible dialogue. They were given the job and did what they could. It's ultimately the failure of Lucas.

As for Jake Lloyd, he's had enough torment in his life over the roll. Angry fans have taken out their frustrations on him for a long time. He was a 7 year old kid, for crying out loud. We are lucky to not be judged, ridiculed, and scorned non-stop our whole lives for something we did when we were 7 years old. I honestly feel sorry for him on behalf of the Star Wars "fans" who have made his life hell.

I agree about Jake Lloyd. He was cast in a dream part than any of our 7 year old self's would have died for.

I've seen a few other movies with Hayden, and I believe him to be horribly cast, and his acting leaves a bit to be desired in the other movies I've seen him in. He did one with John Travolta that was almost tolerable, but still left me scratching my head as to what the casting director saw in him.

To be fair, every actor seemed subpar in the prequels. Hayden and Portman get most of the blame since they were in every other scene.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Be charitable, I really enjoyed watching Hayden Christianson getting deep fried in III.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
You really have to live in Washington State or Colorado to truly enjoy the experience.

Massachusetts too.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:

I think she was just horribly directed by a guy who wrote a couple awful scripts.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
To be fair, every actor seemed subpar in the prequels. Hayden and Portman get most of the blame since they were in every other scene.

Oddly, Ewan McGregor as Obiwan has been my second favorite cast actor in the entire saga. Behind only Harrison Ford from the original trilogy. I thought Harrison was borderline horrible in episode VII, to the point I was glad he was killed in the movie. I only wished it had been an hour sooner in the film.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600902 38 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?