Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Solid anthology series, just watched an apisode on Netflix, just posting this as a tip of the hat.

Kinda like a modern day Twilight Zone.

The show was made in England and on average, that translates into not sucking.

The episode I watched was this one:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Entire_History_of_You

The lead in this episode was Toby Kebbell, who played the lead character in RocknRolla, the Guy Ritchie film noir-ish flick from a few years back...also a helluva good flick.

8 out of 10.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector therealtimmyp private msg quote post Address this user
I might have to give it another go. I watched the first episode and wasn't too impressed. Will definitely try again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ThreeSeas private msg quote post Address this user
I've liked the first season, haven't watched season 2 yet. I've always liked most of these types of shows. Twilight Zone, Tales of the Darkside, The Outer Limits, etc. Sometimes different episodes remind me of the horror and sci-fi comics I grew up reading.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Love this series and have watched all episodes. All focus on the ills of technology in society. Really dark, heavy stuff at times. Comparison to The Twilight Zone (one of my all time favorites) is definitely fair. Highly recommended!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Best quote

You know when you suspect something itself’s always better when it turns out to be true. It’s like I had a bad tooth for years and I’m finally getting my tongue in there and getting rid of all the rotten shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Solid anthology series, just watched an apisode on Netflix, just posting this as a tip of the hat.

The lead in this episode was Toby Kebbell, who played the lead character in RocknRolla, the Guy Ritchie film noir-ish flick from a few years back...also a helluva good flick.

8 out of 10.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen a few episodes and really liked them, especially White Christmas and "Shut Up and Dance". A new season is supposed to debut 12/29. I'll be looking for it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Best anthology show on Netflix! Superb performances and direction.

However a couple episodes could have benefited from some tighter scripts and editing.

Some of the subject matter is pretty dark and heavy but not irrelevant or inappropriate considering the dark times we are living in.

A successful modern take on the foreboding themes of the Twilight Zone mixed with cyber punk and future-tech dystopian realities.

WATCH AND DESPAIR!!! LOL
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I've watched a few episodes and will watch the rest as time permits. It is a good show. And it has gotten a lot of critical acclaim from TC critics.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids

8 out of 10.

Also starring Jodie Whittaker who is soon to be the thirteenth Doctor in Doctor Who.
Post 9 IP   flag post
598062 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?