Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeGrading Help Needed

Jessica Cruz (Green Lantern) Appearance497

Collector jbarnes020889 private msg quote post Address this user
Does CBCS consider the 1st appearance of Jessica Cruz to be Green Lantern #20 (6th panel, the fist):

Or Justice League #30:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Good question :-)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe somebody that has slabbed copies of both can chime in on this topic. I am also wondering.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I just looked on eBay, and found a Green Lantern #20 graded by CBCS, and it does not say anything about her on the label. I could not find a graded Justice League #30.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I think it will come down to how a lot of the others are. New Mutants #86, Cable is in it, but his first appearance is considered #87. Same for Venom, and Wolverine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
These situations they usually call the tease the "first cameo appearance" and the next one the "first full appearance." This cameo might still be off the radar of the graders?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector EternityComix private msg quote post Address this user
It's JL 30
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DoBoy private msg quote post Address this user
CGC lists the following on Green Lantern 20

Post 8 IP   flag post
Where do they put First appearance of on the CGC case? I ask because here is a CBCS case and a CGC case of the Green Lantern #20, and both show no first appearance.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
On June 3rd, at Phoenix Comicon, I submitted 2 Justice League #30's to be graded by CBCS. I didn't do no fast pass or anything since I did submit over 10 books, some SS, so we will just have to wait it out.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
These situations they usually call the tease the "first cameo appearance" and the next one the "first full appearance." This cameo might still be off the radar of the graders?

Yeah, like 4 months ago I went to all the LCS and just picked them off like crazy. They were looking at me like I was nuts.

I am going to do the same Fearless Defenders #10!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Is Jessica Cruz about to blow up? I mean is there a chance of her appearance on one of the tv shows or movies?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Is Jessica Cruz about to blow up? I mean is there a chance of her appearance on one of the tv shows or movies?

"It was confirmed at SDCC 2015 that the DCEU's Green Lantern movie would in fact be a Green Lantern Corps movie... the producers of Justice League recently mentioned that they weren't even sure if a Green Lantern would be in Justice League part 2 or not, and that fans may not see him until the Green Lantern Corps film of 2020..."

Did you read Justice League 50?

Well she is going to be a part of the Justice League, I do know one of the writers said that DC is going to push her hard since they only got Wonderwoman-Harley Quinn as there 2 women who tend to sell for DC.

Alan Scott was brought in to DC because of the "RUMOR TALK" of the Green Lantern CORPS Movie.

The talk is, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, maybe John Stewart.. but it will have 3 of them..

Thing is, they would never do WRONG introducing a woman, and LATINO/A (HUGE GROWING MARKET as of recent)
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:

"It was confirmed at SDCC 2015 that the DCEU's Green Lantern movie would in fact be a Green Lantern Corps movie... the producers of Justice League recently mentioned that they weren't even sure if a Green Lantern would be in Justice League part 2 or not, and that fans may not see him until the Green Lantern Corps film of 2020..."

Did you read Justice League 50?

Well she is going to be a part of the Justice League, I do know one of the writers said that DC is going to push her hard since they only got Wonderwoman-Harley Quinn as there 2 women who tend to sell for DC.

Alan Scott was brought in to DC because of the "RUMOR TALK" of the Green Lantern CORPS Movie.

The talk is, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, maybe John Stewart.. but it will have 3 of them..

Thing is, they would never do WRONG introducing a woman, and LATINO/A (HUGE GROWING MARKET as of recent)

Are Jessica and the other new GL (Baz?) even in the GL Corps? I thought they weren't allowed to leave Earth, and her ring isn't even a Green Lantern ring.
Post 14 IP   flag post
At the end of the Darkseid War after the power ring was destroyed a Green Lantern Ring descended to the battlefield and Turned Jessica in a real GL.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Jessica and Simon are the featured Lanterns in the new Rebirth story.
Post 16 IP   flag post
When I get my Justice League #30 's graded back from CBCS, we will see..
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:

I look forward to seeing what it says.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:

Have you gotten your book back yet?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I like her character and how she has flaws to overcome. It will be cool to see her overcome them.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
same thing happened with Jesus in Walking Dead. Some say first appearance was him in #91 on the last page with Binoculars...and everyone says the first full appearance of Jesus is #92.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42

Still waiting.. my order says "being processed"
I submitted like 12 books, all from different eras, some signed, some none signed.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I have 6 more Justice League #30 copies, and 4 more Green Lantern #20 copies. How these two come back depends if I send those other 6 in to get slabbed or I keep them.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
Quote:

Still in processing.. :/
Hopefully it changes this week.

On another note, I am really looking forward to
Rose City Comicon in Portland. I am looking to take a good 25 books to submit for grading. I am not a member but I am thinking I should join before I get charged, not that there is a desperation for getting my books back since I really don't sell them or anything.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I got a message saying I was sent to "Grading" !

Looks like I owe $24 though because two of them were classified as moderns and now have been changed to "silver age"
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
I got a message saying I was sent to "Grading" !

Looks like I owe $24 though because two of them were classified as moderns and now have been changed to "silver age"

Were they older than 1975?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Were they older than 1975?

a couple were, situation fixed. No worries. I'm in QC.
Post 27 IP   flag post
My stuff says it has been shipped. Hope to get them before I go to PORTLAND ROSE CITY NEXT WEEK.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
My stuff says it has been shipped. Hope to get them before I go to PORTLAND ROSE CITY NEXT WEEK.

Can't wait to see what you get.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Label says "1st appearance of Jessica Cruz in Cameo"

I originally thought that was Green Lantern #20

It is what it is..
Post 30 IP   flag post
600891 62 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?