Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I sent 1 book to be graded with VSP and I did the fast track option, it was recieved on 10/31 and entered the grading process yesterday. That's 23 business days, I'm hoping to see it right around Christmas or is that to optimistic?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@JustABitEvil I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but I can only provide my experience. My most recent order with 3 books(with VSP) was only +4 business days over their estimate (30% longer than expected). So however long your estimate says, maybe add 30%? That way you won't be disappointed.

On a side note - I still have old orders pending/processing and every time I email or called in for a status update, I get a different story about things. Hopefully they don't lose your book like they did mine... They said they sent it back to me months ago, yet when I called in a few days ago it was "in pressing".

Fingers crossed my most recent order turns out well!

@JustABitEvil What are you getting graded, if I may ask? Is it the X-Men comic from your picture?

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Comic Book Man, your scaring the crap outta me. I dropped 12 books off at the NY Comic Con and was told I could expect delivery Jan 3rd. Nuff said!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I wouldn't submit any books to them right now, even fast pass.

I think it's better to wait till they get their TAT lower.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@JustABitEvil What are you getting graded, if I may ask? Is it the X-Men comic from your picture?

It is my X-Men 12, yes. I'm not expecting a high grade on it, if it's higher than 5 I would be shocked. Mostly wanted the VSP for the Stan Lee signature and I figured if I'm going to get into slabbing I should start with my most precious.

EDIT
PS, I love that Archie/Juggy toon.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj102

While I've been pleased so far with the turnaround I'm probably not going to submit again for a while anyway. I put in a book at RICC and I went for the pressing option with Authentic Sig and they're showing a 24 week TAT so when I get that one back I will make a final decision. In the meantime I may or may not send a book 'across the street' to truly compare services.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Got my "Ready to ship" email today, that's 7 weeks +2 days from the day they received it, so that's in the window of their original estimate. I'm not going to look at the grade, I swear...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj102

and I was thinking about sending in another 40 books sometime early next month..
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
jejee didn't mean to troll, i was being sarcastic.
Post 9 IP   flag post
598069 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?