Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Comic Releases-Dec 6-Dealers Choice4959

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Really, in the grand scheme of things, not a TON going on this week... I see DC as a little light, but not everyone would agree, Image has a few new books, but they do every week. One stands out, though, since it should be a HUGE reboot opportunity for them, and Marvel has a new crossover starting up. Also, over at Dynamite, a potential hit in the making, but I don't know who all is giving it a try... Let's see!

BOOM:

Klaus and the Crisis in Xmasville #1 - Grant Morrison and Dan Mora are back this year with another Klaus tale... Evil Santa versus Good Santa... Sounds like Santa versus zombie Santa using a big bad soda corporation, but in a fun, Klaus kind of way that we'll love. I'm sure I'll get it, since these have all been good reads!

Three cover options - Dan Mora, John Cassaday, and Frank Quitely... Take your pick!

DC:

Batman #36 - Another Storyline, Superfriends, starts up. It says it's just two parts, but I think that's just the Batman/Superman part. Further solicits show he'll be doing the same thing with Wonder Woman, too, before the storyline moves on. The solicit mentions, "the creators who broke your heart in 'The Ballad of Kite Man'..." but telling me "don't miss this two-part event that everyone will be talking about" constantly starts to wear thin! Fortunately/unfortunately, it's Tom King, so they might be right, ha ha...

Two cover options - Clay Mann and Tony Daniel

Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II #1 - First off, this isn't really my kind of book, but I know some people are really into this, so I'm mentioning it! The art looks like it will be really good, so if you're into it, go for it!

Two cover options - Freddie E. Williams II and Kevin Eastman

DYNAMITE:

Barbarella #1 - This one might slip right by you, despite having a BILLION cover options. If you're younger, you might not know the character, the film, the IP... But, Mike Carey (Unwritten, Girl with all the Gifts, Lucifer, X-Men Legacy) is bringing something QUITE new to this modern take on Barbarella. Also, Kenan Yarar is coming to international audiences for the first time from Turkey. He's stellar! I've seen a little behind the curtain on this one, and I'm excited to see what Mike is bringing to the table, and I want to see this book go on for a while. He's the kind of guy who can write an amazing tale in 75 issues with great arcs threading along the way. Give it a try... 16 cover options, but I'll just show a few here... There are also risque variants, black and white, virgin...

Kenneth Rocafort

Joe Jusko

Joseph Michael Lisner

Robert Jack

Annie Wu

Kenan Yarar

Valentine DeLandro

Veronica Fish

IMAGE: A few number ones this week, but which one to "bet" on? Paradiso and Sleepless are both interesting, but then there's the new walk into the world of Witchblade with a new creative team, which is coming in with advertising, but not a lot of bells and whistles on the variant front... Two covers on Paradiso and Sleepless, but just the regular on Witchblade, though who knows on the retailer incentive side.

Paradiso #1 - This book would have slipped under my radar if I wasn't curious. The cover doesn't really tell us much, and another dystopian future book just gets lost in the shuffle, but decided to look up some advance reviews and search for some art. Image.com didn't show any art... Previewsworld wasn't loaded with some advance art, BUT advance copies made it to reviewers, thankfully, who are singing its praises. Looks very good and may be one to watch. I'll definitely pick it up...

Two cover options - Pramanik/Kelly and Ward

Sleepless #1 - This is being advertised as a fantasy romance with oddly named characters. Might be a fun title? Don't know! I'm a tough sell in the fantasy comic realm, though I read plenty of fantasy novels. This also might not be aimed at me from a reader perspective... hmmmmm.

Two cover options - Del Duca / Sallah and Ward

Witchblade #1 - Caitlin Kittredge and Roberta Igranata bring us this "reboot" of Witchblade... Time will tell if it's a soft or hard reboot. I'm hoping we see some of the old cast as well, but I'm glad we have a female creative team bringing the Witchblade back to life. If you loved the older series, you have to at least give this a shot... If you're unfamiliar, it's a good time to jump in and give this new iteration a try. Witchblade, from the beginning, was an amazing property with so much potential, and I'm excited to see where it goes.

MARVEL: A lot coming out from Marvel this week, but I won't be going through all of them. If you have been waiting for the Phoenix variants, they're coming out! Watch for them in Astonishing X-Men 6, Avengers 674, Captain America 696, Guardians of the Galaxy 148, Iron Fist 75, and Spirits of Vengeance 3... My pick for the week is Spirits of Vengeance by Francesco Mattina. Here's why!

If you're looking for lenticulars... Black Bolt 3 and Hawkeye 13 are the offerings this week.

Amazing Spider-Man / Venom - Venom Inc Alpha #1 - This will get a lot of attention this week, but perhaps for the covers more than anything else! The storyline may be a crazy one with Dan Slott at the helm, but the art duties on the covers.... DAMN! Check these out....

Regular cover - Ryan Stegman

Variant Cover (not sure on availability) - Adi Granov - Might be an exceed variant

Variant Cover (not sure on availability) - Gabrielle Dell'Otto - Might be 1:50

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Slim pickins this week. Although I’m really diggin that Eastman turtles cover!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not nearly as good story as Action going, but Supes has a cool cover this week. It’s still a good read, just doesnt seem to tie into anything going on in the dcu at the moment

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Mexican night at the bat cave? Who lit the match?!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Yeah, wondering what the inspiration here... Insert dynamic image. Go! The colorist went a little overboard.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
I am able to get my Walking Dead Fix tomorrow!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
I may have missed this if it wasnt for this blog/post. Thanks @thelastbard this was actually a really good read and I love the art. I have to fnd one in mint condition for my collection now, as my lcs had only one of the Eastman books

Post 8 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer No prob!! One of my friends was witnessing Eastman for a con recently and got some sketch covers from him and even went out for dinner with him one night... Said he was awesome.

Midtown still has stock at cover price, but if you want to get your hands on them to check condition.... Uhhhh.... Don't know.
Post 9 IP   flag post
My LCS pickups today. Snagged the only copy of White Knight #3 Harley cover they had (I arrived when they opened)!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
My LCS pickups today. Snagged the only copy of White Knight #3 Harley cover they had (I arrived when they opened)!

I was actually thinking about skipping Batman 36 this week... Stupid me.... I read a little excerpt from it online, kicked myself, then ordered it from my online retailer.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
White Knight 3 is cover of the week. I had to go to another store to get one.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Sell, Mortimer...Sell!!!

Post 13 IP   flag post
Maybe I should have grabbed an extra copy of the regular cover...sold out quick. I liked cover a better, but grabbed b as it was sold out online before Wednesday. Oh well.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Has anyone noticed that the big blue rebirth banner has mysteriously disappeared on the DC books?!

I didn’t think it would go away until next year, but this week it seems to have just gone *poof*
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Has anyone noticed that the big blue rebirth banner has mysteriously disappeared on the DC books?!

I didn’t think it would go away until next year, but this week it seems to have just gone *poof*

The publishers are probably already considering it next year.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Did anyone check these out last week?

Archie Comics:
The Mighty Crusaders - New Ongoing series bringing back old Archie heroes from the 60's, but it looks like a new generation of members. There are two cover options, one from Kelsey Shannon and another from Dow Smith (Giant Sized X-Men 1 homage).

Uber Invasion 10 - I keep getting told by friends, "Buy this comic!!!!!" While I don't know if this is a good jumping on point, it might be? There's no indication of where in the storyline we are aside from, "The Americans are enthralled by their first real victory," which tells me something big JUST happened, and something else big will happen again soon. Could be worth giving it a shot. While there are a lot of cover options, some are limited (VIP Copies and other limits). Others are just Regular, Blitzcreig, Propaganda Poster, War Crimes, and Wraparound... Have fun figuring out what costs what where!

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Quote:

Yeah, wondering what the inspiration here... Insert dynamic image. Go! The colorist went a little overboard.

What's up with these horrible batman covers...looks like BM and Supes are competing to see who has the biggest man boobs...

Post 18 IP   flag post
@Drogio HA HA HA!!! I saw this one was coming out next week... The dialogue for the first "Superfriends" issue kind of explains the passive-aggressive stance, but yeah.
Post 19 IP   flag post
598031 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?