Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkCBCS Signature VSP

Blog post about VSP4945

Collector jimmylinguini private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulus
While it is something that CBCS takes seriously and will look into, it is important to note that CBCS does not confirm the authenticity of the sketches submitted to us under the Verified Signature Program.

But the label header says: "Authentic Signature & Artwork"

?

Notice the raw artwork at the top of this image.
Sal Bucema and Herb Trimpe. Those are two examples of artwork that were rejected by CBCS which leads me to believe this person was manufacturing fake artwork.
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

When an opinion differs from something we feel strongly about, it's easy to feel that way even when it's not the case. Some people sound caustic and neither feel that way nor do they know they sound that way.

That's absolutely true. And there are a lot of people who are absurdly oversensitive, and see insult and offense in any and every comment. People who are actively seeking to be offended, and who take it upon themselves to lecture everyone else about social interaction, when they're the worst offenders of all. They rush in like white knights, to "save" people from the "meanies", when they were neither asked nor needed to do any "saving."

It's a strange, heavily ironic world we find ourselves in.
Post 52 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
The grading company is at fault. Not any seller or even an amateur artist who may or may not be trying to fraud others. Of course almost every case would be a fraud attempt, IMO.

If you are going to have a company that certifies a signature on a drawn page to be legit. It is incumbent upon said grading company to directly address on the label, that the signature was either witnessed or verified by authentication, and the artwork on the book should not be assumed to be by the signee if it was not witnessed.

You can't just leave it out there hanging.

"VERIFIED SIGNATURE, ARTWORK UNVERIFIED" would be one way to go.
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I love Sending books in for VSP! I hope it's here to stay! Go CBCS!
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Collector det_tobor private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

How about..(Art Piece) with (an authentic signature). ?? Problem is wording and making something clearer based on audience perception and feedback. Just a question of a little fine tuning.
Post 55 • IP   flag post

COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett

Are you tall or is he short?
Post 56 • IP   flag post
Collector esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@antoniofett = Wil Wheaton! OMG
Post 57 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Post 58 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett

Are you tall or is he short?

I'm 5'10 so....
Post 59 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

I just saw this, too funny! My classmates say I look like Q from impractical jokers!
Post 60 • IP   flag post
Rosie O donnell?
Post 61 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
But a key book suck as xmen 1 probably doesn't matter if it's Monday morning tho right?

Key book.or not, you will invariably lose out on traffic, if an auction closes during a workday morning.

Less traffic when a book is ending, may or may not mean less bids, but usually it means less bids.
Post 62 • IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@comic_book_man thanks for saying that. I’m over it and would like to have fun and constructive conversations. I don’t personally attack people and I use CBCS For grading. So I don’t get it. CAK has it out for me?

WRT my inability to prove/disprove what I have said, anyone can look at your previous posts.Anyone can look at my previous posts.I am not going to spend half an hour digging through thru old posts to find links.

WRT this post:

Actually, you have referred to me as a "bully" in at least 2 threads.

This thread,and this thread:

http://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4766/page/1/1-day-with-vsp-tat-test/

If that "bully" isn't a personal attack, than I don't know what a personal attack is.

It strikes me more as deflection, actually but it is still a personal attack.

Note that I do not resort to "name calling".

If I find someone's decorum or behavior to be objectionable, I will call them out on it.I would expect the same from other board members.

"Constructive conversations", huh?

How is making a meme, as you fid in this thread,with Trump and with your inserted text saying" YOU ARE FAKE ORIGINAL ART" anything close to "constructive conversation"?

Same as the linked thread, which basically states that CBCS's TAT is very subpar.

Your methodology is flawed, in thst thread.

For more on that, and your unfavorable slants towards CBCS...

Below is post #39, from your X-Men #1 thread:

http://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4528/page/2/cbcs-graded-x-men-1-ss-stan-lee-99-cents/

"
I bought this couple years back for $2500 + grading, pressing & Stan Fees. So a little above even I guess. Honestly the reason I'm selling it is my loss of confidence in CBCS to sustain long term. I don't want any high value comics in CBCS case anymore, too much risk. Can't transfer a CBCS SS back to CGC because of green label so only choice is to sell.
"

I don't "have it out" for you, I do not know you so that is a ridiculous thing to assert.

But I will defend myself from anyone who slights me or is otherwise less than forthcoming in their replies towards me.
Post 63 • IP   flag post
because trump memes are funny? duh
Post 64 • IP   flag post
y u salty brah?

Post 65 • IP   flag post
143278 65 15
destitute