Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern Age

Pressing took 6 months but well worth wait!4937

Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I sent these books off 5/27/17, and they just shipped today 11/30/17. Therefore I have grades, but no pictures until Monday unfortunately. Overall I am EXTREMELY pleased (thanks @SteveRicketts). Here are the results with what I guessed it was pre-press first and what I got in bold second.

Tomb of Dracula #10 (1st app Blade) - 4.0 - 5.0
All-Star Comics #58 (1st app Powergirl) - 9.2 - 9.6 Thanks @esaravo for the killer book!
Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica #320 (Canadian, 1st app Cheryl Blossom) - 4.0 - 6.5
Crime SuspenStories #22 (reprint) - 9.4 - 9.8
Dawn #1 (Look Sharp Edition) - 9.4 - 9.8
Dawn #1 (White Trash Edition) - 9.4 - 9.8
Edge of Spider-Verse #2 (1st app Spider-Gwen) - 9.4 - 9.8
Harbinger #1 - 9.2 - 9.6
NYX #4 - 9.4 - 9.0
Spectacular Spider-Man #64 (Newsstand, 1st Cloak and Dagger) - 9.0 - 9.2
Tank Girl #1 - 9.0 - 9.6
Vampirella #1 (2010 Alex Ross Virgin) - 9.4 - 9.8
Zombie Tramp #1 (vol 2) - 8.5 - 9.4
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Great results on a nice mix of books. Congrats!
Post 2 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I remember that All-Star 58. I'm shocked it graded that highly after I drooled on it.
Seriously, that was a sweet copy. After I pressed it, I knew you had the 9.6.
I have a nice copy, but yours was just fantastic. Congrats on the grades.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
I sent these books off 5/27/17, and they just shipped today 11/30/17. Therefore I have grades, but no pictures until Monday unfortunately. Overall I am EXTREMELY pleased (thanks @SteveRicketts). Here are the results with what I guessed it was pre-press first and what I got in bold second.

Dawn #1 (Look Sharp Edition) - 9.4 - 9.8
Dawn #1 (White Trash Edition) - 9.4 - 9.8
Tank Girl #1 - 9.0 - 9.6

Tough books to find in those grades.

I had all three in the same grades but sold two of them. Now I only have the Look Sharp book (my copy is below.

Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga - I should have either sold you this copy, or I should have sent it to Steve before I had it graded.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I remember that All-Star 58. I'm shocked it graded that highly after I drooled on it.

The pancake secret has been revealed: Steve Ricketts drool for moisture while pressing!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

The pancake secret has been revealed: Steve Ricketts drool for moisture while pressing!

Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Darkga - I should have either sold you this copy, or I should have sent it to Steve before I had it graded.

I remembered that you got that 9.4 on your other copy you submitted straight up, so I was pleasantly surprised by the 9.6 on this one. The press put it over the top though. You definitely should have pressed yours. In fact, if I were you, I'd gamble on a CPR for your book. You might luck out on a 9.8.
Post 8 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I use a lot of moisture. I read them while I shower, the press.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Quote:

It's encapsulated, which means you now have his DNA which made hold his super secret recipe for pancakes.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597952 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?