Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

7000+ eBay Auctions Begin ending tonight4907

Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
At age 65 now I wish to finally complete Comic Book Store Wars. There is also a 6th surgery my oldest daughter will be undergoing soon. Plus debt obligations outstanding I very much wish to fulfill paying off.

http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics/_i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_sid=741687&_trksid=p4634.c0.m309

Have begun to AUCTION off the contents of 7000+ listings in my eBay store as well as the 45,000 as of yet unscanned vintage comics, concert & movie posters, etc in my warehouse.

These auctions will be on-going every day the next few months. The first ones begin ending tonight. Then every day more are ending. There will be bargains to be had.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
subscribed

and prayers be with you for your family and all debts cast aside
Post 2 IP   flag post
Auctions began closing last night. Every day & night more will be closing. Some I am getting close to what I can live with. Some NM ones the buyer(s) are getting tremendous bargains. I already had figured the first few days simply as advertising costs.

Been placing new listings up every day so far. Not as many as I wish to as I experiment a bit. Am going to place more up tonight as auctions for a couple hours tonight. The tricky part will become packaging and pushing orders back out inside USPS in an ASAP mode.
Post 3 IP   flag post
UPDATE: As I typed here last week I began a few hundred auctions as a test. Got a bit swamped a bit beyond what I had already thought I had anticipated.

I stopped listing new auctions for a few days as we catch it all up.

Part of this is on the job training learning and making for an assembly line process. Have already mailed out USPS over a hundred orders the past few days.

Right this sec there are 57 paid order lots more yet to get packaged. And 28 orders yet to be paid.

Plus more 50 auctions yet to end the next few days
http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics/_i.html?LH_Auction=1&rt=nc&_sc=1&_sid=741687&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

I hobble around on crutches much of the day semi-disabled. We had 130 mph tornado winds replete with heavy rain & hail come thru the Omaha area here not that long ago blowing me off the front porch flying 7 feet thru mid air landing on my left hip joint and left elbow as I was outside trying to tie stuff so it wouldn't blow away. At 65 I guess i do not bounce as well as I used to.

yet I also have to raise yet more bucks for Katy's next surgery.

There are bonafide good deals to be had via these eBay auctions. I begin listing another couple hundred in a day or so once caught up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I must be doing something wrong. I sorted by ending soonest and only saw less than 20 books ending today. The next book wasn't ending until three days from now. What am I missing?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I've got it saved & watching. I hope I can help some!
Post 6 IP   flag post
There are 50 auctions beginning to end tonight. Includes all active auctions. I have not listed any "new" for a few days now catching up from the onslought. Yes, just 20 or so tonight. Then in a couple days other 30 begin ending. Then another gap.

Tonight am again beginning 10 day 99 cent starter auctions again in a few hundred listings wave.

This is going to go on for at least a couple more months.

I am as healed as I am going to be from dual hip joint replacements even with left metal joint socket damaged in tornados came thru here I describe above. The challenge I am reconfiguring is how to access what is needed without lifting too many boxes in a day without having all the shelving needed.

Plus Katy is gearing up for another needed surgery to further her on-going healing scenario to relieve slowly increasing pain levels but is not as life and death like a couple years back.

Back when the owner of CGC orchestrated "intent to disrupt" attacks on my eBay store. Led in aprt by that slime goes by name of SACentaur in that first one ran Aug 2012-Jan 2013.

There have been three more "intent to disrupt" attacks by CGC-centric ilk in 2013 2014 and again in 2015 until long time friend Steve Geppi called the owner of CGC telling him to knock it off summer 2015.

Then helped in ways which I will never be able to repay though I will figure out a way to pay same forward. Known the guy since before we were both sub-distributors for New Media Irjax beginning late 70s. Those who attack him simply do not understand him. He is a hero to me these past years.

The cesspool which is the CGC chat "boards" attacks and attacks which I figured out simply not to participate in the baiting process which goes on over there. Before I stopped there some years ago, the mods were deleting posts, the liars keep up attacking to this day as I post a lot about CGC lack of ethics on my Facebook page.

That firm "across the street" long sought monopoly in the vintage comics business which has seen that apple cart upset once former CGC worker bees started up CBCS which I applaud the existence there of.

And I thank those who place bids on the auction offerings.

And I thank here with pics taken last April Planet Comicon Kansas City of just a few of my creator friends who contributed to Katy's healing funding placing neat pieces of art in a benefit auction long time friend Russ Cochran hosted Feb 2016. Bill Sienkiewicz, Walt Simonson, Gilbert Shelton, many others as well yet to see.

Was the first show in 5 years outside of SDCC 2014 when Richard Evans and others were spreading dirt on CGC boards I was "banned for life" from San Diego. So then I called Fae Desmond, made a guest of the show, Steve G bought me a plane ticket day before the show, Mitch Mehdy put me up at his place for a couple nights, I walked around, got pics taken, passed thru the almost empty "Gold" pavilion where some of those CGC dealer types were asking incredulously, "Bob, how's you get in here?", I accomplished that inane mission, came back here to hang with K in her ICU hospital room, and began compiling data on just how insidious that inner core CGC crowd really is. Also going to be its own book.

There are obligatins to discharge with some patient souls, funding what Katy needs for her next surgery, then hopefully enough left over to fund Comic Book Store Wars which at 800+ pages will blow all your brains. The sum total of knowing matriculating with tens of thousands of collector researcher friends in my 50+ years doing this gig. Kudos to those who read this far,

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Looking forward to reading Comic Book Store Wars. Best of luck to Katy. Happy Holidays!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Looking forward to the book sir. As you post ASM books, I'll be sure to do my part.
Post 9 IP   flag post
There are a few thousand NM type 70s comics as part of this auction thinning of the herd. Some there are short stacks of, AmSpi is part of the mix coming. I hope every one who bids walks away happy, make some bucks your self on em, as old dinosaur just wants to finish this homage to the comics business in all its permutations. My main agenda in it is to relate truth as it all unfolded.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBcomics

Back when the owner of CGC orchestrated "intent to disrupt" attacks on my eBay store. Led in aprt by that slime goes by name of SACentaur in that first one ran Aug 2012-Jan 2013.

There have been three more "intent to disrupt" attacks by CGC-centric ilk in 2013 2014 and again in 2015 until long time friend Steve Geppi called the owner of CGC telling him to knock it off summer 2015.

The cesspool which is the CGC chat "boards" attacks and attacks which I figured out simply not to participate in the baiting process which goes on over there. Before I stopped there some years ago, the mods were deleting posts, the liars keep up attacking to this day as I post a lot about CGC lack of ethics on my Facebook page.

That firm "across the street" long sought monopoly in the vintage comics business which has seen that apple cart upset once former CGC worker bees started up CBCS which I applaud the existence there of.

Was the first show in 5 years outside of SDCC 2014 when Richard Evans and others were spreading dirt on CGC boards I was "banned for life" from San Diego. So then I called Fae Desmond, made a guest of the show, Steve G bought me a plane ticket day before the show, Mitch Mehdy put me up at his place for a couple nights, I walked around, got pics taken, passed thru the almost empty "Gold" pavilion where some of those CGC dealer types were asking incredulously, "Bob, how's you get in here?", I accomplished that inane mission, came back here to hang with K in her ICU hospital room, and began compiling data on just how insidious that inner core CGC crowd really is. Also going to be its own book.

You really should stop saying these things, Bob.

First, it exposes CBCS to liability if they allow this sort of thing on their forum, proven or not, true or not. I certainly have no issues with you taking on sacentaur, because the man is a provable scumbag, but attacking all of CGC for his actions isn't fair.

Second, your hands aren't clean. There are a number of people in comics who have given you money for items that you have not delivered, going back a few years at least. We call that "stealing" where I'm from.

Third, the "owner" of CGC is the Certified Collectibles Group, which is a limited liability corporation, and has far more important things to do than target your eBay account. NGC, CGC's sister company, is a juggernaut in the coin industry, one of the top two most respected names, and in business for 30 years.

I truly hope you're finally trying to set these things right, but this regular aggressive campaign against various elements of the comics community is inappropriate until you get your own house in order.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yes, I mention overtly quite a few times there are obligations needed to be discharged.

Due to then mounting overwhlelming medical scenarios I had to stop going out of town setting up at shows nationwide and rely soley on eBay store.

Which was then overtly attacked freezing it shut 3-4 months at a time beginning in 2012 every year thru 2015.

Precisely because of these Intent to Disrupt attacks on my eBay store

eBay investigators told me flat out they could see coordinated orchestration. This is simple truth. One particular name singled out an eBay investigator told me was a person named Britney (sp - name was spoken verbally to me on phone)

The first time it happened Aug 2012 thru Jan 20 2013 when eBay investigators aplogized this had happened, removed a swath of negs and one stars, talking heads in those CGC chat 'boards' made open mention of it with brave cyber warriors there writing, "His eBay store is re-opened. Who did he pay off?"

I was directly told my case (and a few others) went to ebay board of directors. What was happening resulted in eBay placing "Report Buyer" on the feedback page.

Later on when the tactics changed eBay altered its evaluation of stores process by removing the one/two stars from the mix. This is what had been happening in the 2014 2015 freeze ups.

One former eBay seller friend of mine had told me he had all green stars yet had over a dozen mysterious "one star item not described" which had frozen his store. He was also a non-slab seller on eBay.

Again I was told by eBay investigators that change of eBay stopping using low stars in store evaluations also came about because of the Intent to Disrupt attacks on my store.

Much of this monoply energy CGC was pushing for has ceased since CBCS came on the set. Since CBCS opened its doors most people are no longer afraid of the power CGC had accumulated. Another page of history turns.

DocBrown, thank you for bringing up certain concepts.

Back in the day before disintegrating hip joints induced mind numbing pain caused more by dozens of broken off bone chips brought on lifting two tons of comics & stuff four times a week doing show after show, when I was still setting up at 25-30 shows nationwide being out of town more than at home it seemed, yes, there were persons who would place mail orders.

Sometimes the item ordered was sold at a show. Back in the days (remember those?) before the world began functioning on android iPhones & such.

Javits center teamsters have scales on their forklifts in NYC. They were the ones who told me at my last Javits show I had 3997 pounds incoming to my booth there out of van and trailer.

I then multiplied loading up, unloading on to pallets, then re-loading end of show, drive back 1500 mile to warehouse, unload to prep for next show, reorganize books either myself or customers misfiled, fill mail orders, then off to the next show (along with comics business history research various key parts of the country time permitting). Two tons times four times moving same per week upwards of 30 shows a year. Times many years.

Then beginning in 2010 Katy's skull opening brain moving surgeries (five so far with latest one Jan 2016) began to permeate in on the set. Well over a hundred mad dash rides to ER into ICU coupled with ensuing long term recuperation. Half a million dollars (plus) in medical bills and still mounting.

And all I had left to work with was an eBay store being attacked with what eBay investigators call these days Intent to Disrupt Attacks which freezes an anchor store 3-4 months before their computer algorithms will re-open.

Every year 2012 2013 2014 2015 until Steve Geppi called owner of CGC to knock it off, leave Bob alone, and voila, attacks ceased. Coincidence? You may be a better judge of that than me.

Over on Facebook once it sunk in there was a group on those CGC boards literally baiting me with their BS (one even wrote, "Oh, goody, he took the bait" when I had responded), I began gathering evidence from other eBay sellers who were also mysteriously attacked in kind before CBCS came on the scene.

Also began collecting data from others who also have had books damaged there in-house. Others have also had books get "lost". All without ever receiving compensation. One prominent person in the TV biz had sent in a sharp G-S X-Men #1 which disappeared inside CGC and was never compensated. He wrote me CGC "lost" it.

I am talking in public about these attack aspects of the comics "business" now precisely because I think I am finally in a position to begin process of placing my house in order. All I have is truth riding with me.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Bob. You haven't sent merchandise that people paid for years, plural, ago.

Instead of posting on the internet, why not just start with that?
Post 13 IP   flag post
From end of my previous post
"....I am talking in public about these attack aspects of the comics "business" now precisely because I think I am finally in a position to begin process of placing my house in order. All I have is truth riding with me...."

DocB, if you may be so kind, please PM me the names and specifics of those who claim never got any thing. I specifically opened this dialog to address valid concerns.

Three warehouse moves of a lot of paper tonnage 2006 (building sold, new owner wanted to use it) 2010 (water leaking, threw that stuff away,partially compensated by building owner) and 2013 (new owner wanted to use it to open a gun store) made for a lot of re-sorting.

I remain semi-disabled on crutches some of the time after heavy weight movements, much of the time using dual canes to walk. I will never be able to set up at shows again.

That phase of my life June 1967 (Houston) thru April 2012 (first LA Wondercon) of well over a thousand shows has been over for over five years now. Moving 8 tons in a week to do just one comicon multipled by the decades took its toll.

Neither is my hanging out in ICUs with Katy 2010 thru 2016 happening any more. Circa 2012 she died on the operating table and they brought her back.

This too took its toll on my head space and I did indeed drop the ball in this comics game of life. All thru that unfolding nightmare the eBay store was being attacked freezing it up.

In the new warehouse moved in to over the course of a couple months back in 2013 partially pictured here in the back area, it took this long for me to (slowly and painfully) re-sort 50,000 items placed in boxes and moved by others back in to shape.

When the last warehouse space was vacated end of 2013, movement out going too slowly as old landlord had sold all his real estate when he hit 72. The building needed to be sold before the year ended for his tax purposes. His son-in-law with my permission facilitated moving stuff in to a 25x10x10 storage unit which was filled up. I was by then imersed in keeping my daughter alive. Had already lost another, Shae, to a drunk driver back in April 2001.

The new warehouse is mostly set up on tables spread out so almost no lifting of boxes needs to happen. A packaging room (not pictured but pic taken from it where one sees the ladder) is set up as sort of an assembly line to facilitate greater speed to process orders.

Bottom line is CGC does not compensate for in-house damage and/or "lost" comics. Happened to me big time when I was simply helping out the widow of a deceased close personal friend. At the time Steve Borock apoligized saying to me, "I'm sorry, Bob, I do not own a piece of this company" which he left soon thereafter going to Heritage for a while.

Now we have CBCS which has evened out the competition field a lot.

Post 14 IP   flag post
My apologies, I got the details a bit wrong.

These weren't people who bought merchandise which you never sent, though there is that.

These were people who sold comics to you, for which you wrote post-dated checks, which bounced, and to which you never responded.

If I get permission from the parties involved, I'll be happy to pass that along to you in a PM, Bob.

I don't want you to get the wrong impression. I have a tremendous enthusiasm, moreso than most, for your experience in the comics industry. There just aren't many of you guys left from the dawn of comic book collecting. I DIG the stories and experiences you have; it matters to me. You are a treasure trove of history.

I just don't think your purposes are served to rail on others for injustice towards you, as legitimate as those claims may be, when there are outstanding claims against you by others.

And that goes for everyone. If anyone has a claim against me, I'll be happy to deal with it and settle it. If I expect anything I say to be taken seriously by anyone, I can't be out there screwing people over, no matter how correct I may be.
Post 15 IP   flag post
DocB, I post here inside CBCS precisely because there are no ad hominum attacks here. I have opened this dialog here precisely because I think I am now in a position am in process of developing solution for debts brought on by a combo of physical medical scenarios made much worse with these CGC-centric attacks.

Outside of Jean Bails who I paid her over $130,000 before these partially related here CGC-centric attacks made it impossible for me, there are a few midwest dealers still owed some bucks, yes.

BTW Jean has always been friend on Facebook and reads every thing I write there. When I asked her to call owner of CGC re the in-house damage to her books i hand delivered her, she called me back after her conversation saying the owner told her to "...go f*** yourself..." she told me.

That was also when the previously documented attacks began on my eBay store. The psycho-babble on CGC chat "boards" is simply not to be trusted.

A couple months ago long time friend Dean Philips Krypton Comics in Omaha agreed with me to coordinate ascertaining vaidity of the few remaining debts of that nature. They are mostly all just a very few guys here in the midwest. Dean is also one of these patient guys. He was one of the local guys also looking at all these attacks - especially the eBay store ones.

In the mean time have mailed out this past week over 100 orders from this auction gig started up, 30 more placed inside USPS main Omaha sorting station last night.

About 40 orders to go which are being worked on today till I stop around midnight. I hobble around on crutches parts of the day if it is OK for a semi-disabled guy to be an effective comics dealer.

Am launching a few hundred more 10 day 99 cent opening bid auctions today thru this coming week. Then a couple day gap to catch up packaging and mailing those out.

In addition to the close to 7000 listings in eBay, there are another 40,000+ comics in my 2800 sq ft warehouse yet to scan, grade, process descriptions, then list.

Then launch another round - over and over the next few months - the plan is to auction off 1500+ items which should catch everything up. And even allow me the bucks to have "free" time in effort to finish up on Comic Book Store Wars.

Setting up at shows in now a thing of the past with me. Here was the entrance to my last set up which was the first LA Wondercon April 2012. That's when Katy's medical nightmare began to grow and I simply could not go out of town any more till she was away from death's door. And a bit later is when CGC Liars began attacking the eBay store. And all I could really do then was watch my world collapse.

That was then, this is now.
All I have is truth riding with me.
And a little help from many friends.
Some previously mentioned in this thread.

PS: I thank CBCS guys for allowing this discussion to take place.

Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
If I get permission from the parties involved, I'll be happy to pass that along to you in a PM, Bob.

and DocBrown, re offers of helping out gather valid data so completion building the ladder climbing back out of a deep pit is muchly appreciated. I notice I inadvertantly left that thought sentiment out of previous post. My apology.
Post 17 IP   flag post
600752 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?