Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
#Soon

Found a dead thread from about a year ago in which the reply was also "soon." Makes me wonder whether the data even exist to compile a census.

If you type in a CBCS reg number of any slab you can read the notes. There's the all the data right there, just in a different non searchable delivery form.

But the notes don't tell you the census count do they?
Post 151 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Sqeggs no they don't, I was just pointing out that they do indeed have the data for every book slabbed. Just the matter of them actually building the User Interface for us to access it all in a pretty manner.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@Sqeggs In a nutshell They're waiting to release the census until they feel they have enough graded books. Steve said it is being worked on and that CBCS have graded hundreds of thousands of books. Personally, I think he's waiting for the millionth book, but that's just me.
Post 153 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Oh wow, new avatar for Mattness!
Post 154 IP   flag post
@DarthLego lol yeah thought I'd try something new. Thanks for noticing
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
To be honest, I hate to say it, I get my personal books done by CBCS and the books I am going to sell done by CGC. It seems that most collectors have not recognized the shift yet. CGC seems to be really pushing back on it as well, I heard some really negative stuff from their booth in WW Chicago about CBCS.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khumbu
To be honest, I hate to say it, I get my personal books done by CBCS and the books I am going to sell done by CGC. It seems that most collectors have not recognized the shift yet. CGC seems to be really pushing back on it as well, I heard some really negative stuff from their booth in WW Chicago about CBCS.

One thing people don't consider is the fact CGC has been around for 15 or 16 years. CGC was a monopoly that entire time. They were the only recognizable comic book grader. CBCS is a little over three years old. Naturally, it is going to take time to spread the word. As far as CGC selling better or for more, again, many people don't know about CBCS. However, the last two keys I purchased, ASM 300 CBCS and BA 12 CBCS, I paid more than CGC prices. CGC speaking poorly of CBCS. I don't think that is new. How many companies speak highly of their competition? But I know what you mean, the three year old sandbox temper tantrums definitely get tiresome. It will take some time but CBCS will get there.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector bluesix private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khumbu

One thing people don't consider is the fact CGC has been around for 15 or 16 years. CGC was a monopoly that entire time. They were the only recognizable comic book grader. CBCS is a little over three years old. Naturally, it is going to take time to spread the word. As far as CGC selling better or for more, again, many people don't know about CBCS. However, the last two keys I purchased, ASM 300 CBCS and BA 12 CBCS, I paid more than CGC prices. CGC speaking poorly of CBCS. I don't think that is new. How many companies speak highly of their competition? But I know what you mean, the three year old sandbox temper tantrums definitely get tiresome. It will take some time but CBCS will get there.

I have to agree that it will take some time for CBCS to grow as a company to the level of CGC. The comic book community on YouTube have done quite a number of comparison videos between CGC, CBCS and PGX. All had good and bad opinions about all three and are based on their own personal experiences with all three companies. I think what it boils down to is personal experience and each experience will be different based on the circumstances going on with each company when books are submit.
Post 158 IP   flag post
601363 158 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?