Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by PovRow
Yeah - account no longer exists. And such a pleasant fellow, too.

Which means that he quit, or that he was banned? Or we don't know?

A Mighty Wind! It's Spinal Tap gone folk...
Post 101 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I'd be surprised if he was banned. That doesn't appear to be moderation's style.

Agree. He probably just FDQ'd.

This appears to be the case
Post 102 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 103 IP   flag post
My joke is ruined
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
My joke is ruined

Post 105 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Poof!
Nadabig went ba da boom

I just noticed bignada PM'd me 2 hours ago.

So since he's gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignada
It's not rocket science. Stop making grading out to be some complicated formula.

Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector VintageComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I'd be surprised if he was banned. That doesn't appear to be moderation's style.

Didn't he sound a little like Dgarthwaithe or whatever his name was?
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
My joke is ruined

I'm still alive in the pool!
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageComics
Quote:
Quote:

Now that you mention it ....
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Defiantly the answer!
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
This is actually sad. I mean it was hard trying to get him to understand but a "mindset" is one of the most difficult things to open up.

After reading his statement, I get where he is coming from. He had a lot of control at his job and was able to take control from department outside of his own. This was something that was beyond his control and probably felt a little helpless. He saw a, what he believed, to be a problem, and felt the need to try to take control to resolve it or couldn't understand why we didn't see a problem. It must have been frustrating from him.

Unfortunately, not everything can be ran like his business he worked for. There are so many things and places out there that run on chaos and the unknown. Expecting the cable guy to be on time (he is not allowed to be stuck on the job before yours), car repairs (that engine was harder to take out then we thought), and even plane trips (weather conditions causing delays). I wonder how he handles these situations. Probably yells to them it is unacceptable.

Hope he comes back in the winter when the delay is gone.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageComics
Quote:
Quote:

If he had mentioned he had a supermodel girlfriend who used to do the board mixes for The Scorpions in the 80s, THEN you might convince me it was him
Post 112 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Everybody has a right to express their opinions on here. CBCS welcomes this. We, as a company and hobbyists, want feedback good or bad. This will help CBCS and our hobby. We, and any company, can only grow from legitimate concerns. I want CBCS to grow by hearing all concerns. I am sorry we can not address everything posted in a timely manner, but that does not mean we are not listening and trying to fix the things we can. We are trying to do our best and will continue to do so. That does not mean we can do it over night. All that said, my crew and I, will try and be the best we can be.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadabig
You have to hit start after the "A"

for some reason i thought it was select then start lol
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector techtre2003 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadabig
You have to hit start after the "A"

for some reason i thought it was select then start lol

It was for 2 players
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector CBretonLaw private msg quote post Address this user
Wow...
What a brain melting thread to start on as my first thread on this board...

OK. I decided to post because this thread started out very interesting. I appreciate that CBCS chose to post about their attention to quality and protection of our books. I also appreciate that both the graders and Mr. Borock chose to post to this thread that became a total dumpster fire in an effort to show that they care about feedback and their customers. That is very classy. Thank you.

But I think something is lost in that ranting that Nadasurf, or whatever his name was, was just not getting. I run a Law Office right down the road from CBCS in St. Petersburg. And sometimes when you provide a quality service you are going to be very in demand. When you offer a service that requires specific skill, spooling up to meet that new demand is expensive and new capacity is very slow to come online if you wish to maintain that level of quality. Therefore I tell everyone this:

All customers want three things:
1. A product/service that is high quality,
2. That product/service done as soon as possible, and
3. That product/service done for the lowest price possible.

BUT You can only get two. Pick your two.

Michael and Mr. Borock seem to indicate that they will not compromise on quality. And you can pay more money to get your books graded faster. So if you want it fast and done well... pay more for it. DeNada said he didn't see any reason to pay more... so tough cookies if he has to wait. If you want it cheap and quality... your gonna wait till they get to it. If you want it fast and cheap... your gonna get crap. Go somewhere else. That is the way of the world. Seems like NADA Price Guide is just out of touch with how the world works. He wanted his comic and to eat them too.

So can we please go back to calmly discussing things that separate CBCS from CGC and what CBCS is doing to continue to improve their services? I really want to know more about that!
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
awesome.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector techtre2003 private msg quote post Address this user
Wonder if this is nadabig getting his turnaround dreams crushed now over at CGC:

Slow times on CGC grading
Post 118 IP   flag post
Could be. He certainly did sound anxious for his books, but the butthurt hasn't surfaced yet, if it's him.
Post 119 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I bet CGC has run out of the stock of innerwells they had and are now trying to keep everyone at bay by saying "two weeks" "two weeks" while they figure out a resupply source.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector sterlingcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Based on some posters, I'm guessing I'm an outlier.

My CGC experiences have been great, and when there's problems (which are rare, but did happen) they always took care of me. I've yet to experience CBCS, but feel my experience would be relatively the same. Facing reality a bit....any operational problem impacts the business model. There's been similar operational delays at CGC for various things...I personally think there's been some huge "lessons learned" and they're moving forward.

Since processes were mentioned, competitors claim that their cases can aid in reducing time in the encapsulation process...so I suspect there might be other small operational efficiencies (small changes do add up) and treating it like a manufacturing plant is probably a good thing.
Post 121 IP   flag post
@sterlingcomics Did you have any experiences with the new CGC holder that was causing waves in books due to the differential pressures created by the design?
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector sterlingcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@sterlingcomics Did you have any experiences with the new CGC holder that was causing waves in books due to the differential pressures created by the design?

No, but it's pretty well documented on the boards there and appears to be resolved.
Post 123 IP   flag post
I think not changing the labels negates the resolution. If a seller has bad photos you can't tell a #CreepEngine from a #Frankenslab. Also I've already seen a new problem of innerwell puddling pop up with #Frankenslab.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector captnwilli private msg quote post Address this user
The recorded directory lady over at CGC has a killer sexy Engish accent!
Sorry, just sayin'.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I think not changing the labels negates the resolution. If a seller has bad photos you can't tell a #CreepEngine from a #Frankenslab. Also I've already seen a new problem of innerwell puddling pop up with #Frankenslab.

First, rings, then waves, now puddles? Where are you seeing this? Is this happening on several books like the waves did?

I know puddling happened from time to time before, so hopefully this is isn't a new problem.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I'm not seeing a great deal of chatter about puddling at CGC, just one image in the last few months.

Is it on facebook? I'd look for myself but it's, you know... facebook lol
Post 127 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS To be fair, I've only seen 1 example of the puddling, it was a thread on this forum, but I don't recall the thread title. It diddn't look good though, it looked like the innerwell was being squeezed inward by the outer shell thus creating the "puddle" in the innerwell plastic. I did also see a recent YouTube rant about the newtonian effect still being bad with the new new slab, I can link that if you're interested?
Post 128 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwilli
Sorry, just sayin'.

That is actually Pam Kesten, who now works for CBCS. The cgc has been asked to change it and they won't.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwilli
Sorry, just sayin'.

That is actually Pam Kesten, who now works for CBCS. The cgc has been asked to change it and they won't.

Oh, that's f-ing funny LOL!
Can't blame 'em though.
Post 130 IP   flag post
598084 158 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?