Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 11/22/20174879

Collector kbutcher private msg quote post Address this user
After 30 weeks (order submitted May 11), I received notice that my order has shipped. 1 Bronze Age with pressing and 3 modern without pressing.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
What a mess. My submission was received by CBCS on August 11th and it had 1 Consumer and 8 Moderns. No pressing or fast pass. I'm in the middle of week 18 and all of the books had been out of grading per CBCS's website since mid-October. The updated invoice as of yesterday had all books in QC.

Friday was the end of week 17 so I emailed CBCS asking when my books would ship. I gave the order number and I was told it finished the encapsulation process last week and that it's in QC and would ship Monday or Tuesday.

So, I email them again this morning since the 8 moderns had grade screens and my credit card hadn't been charged yet. I ask how could my books ship by end of day if I still have an outstanding balance. I get a reply "Our system shows no balance due on order 17-2C2E3AE, it was billed for $70 on August 11th when the books were received." So.....I reply back saying "8 of the modern tier books had grade screens. The $70 is only for shipping and the one pre-1975 book that didn’t have a grade screen."

I sent that email while in traffic on my way to work. I logged in again as soon as I got to work (30 min later) and the portion of my order containing the 8 moderns is back in GRADING!!!! After 18 weeks I really can't believe I'm seeing this order back in grading. Yes, it's a first world problem, but come on CBCS! A backlog in your QC / Label / Encapsulation area due to Hurricane Harvey impacting your plastics vendor, Hurricane Irma, the CBCS emblem / heat seal adjustment and the Beckett acquisition is one thing. But this is just a complete oversight on your part.

I sent another email asking for an explanation and for them to expedite the order. Fingers crossed they'll do the right thing.

How was this even overlooked if all books in the same order are supposed to be kept together? Were these 8 moderns stuffed in a corner the last 4 months? Watch they all come back torn to shreds.
Post 127 IP   flag post
FYI, this has been taken care of. Thank you CBCS for taking care of it so quickly.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@J_Walker How did they resolve the issue?
Post 129 IP   flag post
Not sure to be honest. Part of it was probably due to me overreacting since I assumed these 8 books hadn't been graded yet. So, they were probably already graded and encapsulated and perhaps in order to trigger the flow of the books to billing they needed to move the status back to grading and then "push it forward" in the system until it reached Billing.

All I know is that I was charged for the 8 moderns and received the shipping notification within a couple hours of emailing them / posting the above.

When I reached out to them on Friday, they did say the order would ship Monday or Tuesday. So technically they could've met that Tuesday deliverable without my pestering emails.

But something was off this morning when they said I didn't owe a balance on the 8 moderns. So I panicked.
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Cool. Glad they were quick to respond to your concerns.
Post 131 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS has always been great for putting priority #1 on screw ups. If they mess something up, they fix it QUICK. I’ll wallow in my TAT misery as long as that good service keeps up.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
They screwed up my order. I called them last week and they said it would ship to me this week. Status has not changed since they received the books. Can't wait to finally be done with this company.
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user
Modern - Signature - con drop off. Now at 16 weeks, 2 days...still in grading.

Doesn't feel like I'm going to make it by Christmas.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Can I please get an update on my submission from SDCC? 17-27D6E30 Is the invoice from Trinity. I’ve sent numerous e-mails for almost 3 weeks and heard nothing back.
Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloGraham
Can I please get an update on my submission from SDCC? 17-27D6E30 Is the invoice from Trinity. I’ve sent numerous e-mails for almost 3 weeks and heard nothing back.

They are usually pretty quick to give an update if you give them a call. Not sure if you tried that yet.
Post 136 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Quote:

They are usually pretty quick to give an update if you give them a call. Not sure if you tried that yet.

If an active email address isn’t being monitored, a proactive business decision is to attach an auto response message to call during business hours.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Quote:

If an active email address isn’t being monitored, a proactive business decision is to attach an auto response message to call during business hours.

100% agreed. I was just trying to help. And to be honest, every time I called, I didn't get the answer I had hoped for. It stinks but at least by calling he may have a shot at getting an answer.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
It seems like if you call them out here on their chat board (or on their Facebook page) they're quick to remedy the problem as fast as possible.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector HammitChris private msg quote post Address this user
I just sent in two books to get pressed and graded (modern). I think my account said they will be processed within 25 weeks. However, I knew before mailing them in that I probably won't get these back until the summer of next year, so it doesn't really bother me. My books were delivered today and they have already updated my account with payment applied, now the long wait, haha!
Post 140 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I just send in several books each and every month and guess what? I get books back every single month. It's a good way to not even think about TAT.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly these days I mostly use CGC. I sent 50 books for grading end of November. They have already been graded and will probably ship early next week.

I did send 3 books for pressing and grading to CBCS at the same time as I really want to continue to support even though I don’t expect to see them until next May.
Post 142 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I just send in several books each and every month and guess what? I get books back every single month. It's a good way to not even think about TAT.

Genius. This guy has got it figured out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Honestly these days I mostly use CGC. I sent 50 books for grading end of November. They have already been graded and will probably ship early next week.

I did send cbcs 3 books for pressing and grading to CBCS at the same time as I really want to continue to support even thoug( I don’t expect to see them until next May.

I dont blame you, I would probably do the same thing if I was more of a seller. One cannot turn a timely profit waiting on a 4-7 month turnaround 💀
Post 143 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I did send 3 books for pressing and grading to CBCS at the same time as I really want to continue to support even though I don’t expect to see them until next May.

I used to prefer CGC over CBCS, but I love that CBCS has the Verified Signature option (red label). That is why I sent the two I did in. One needs to be verified and the other is a CBCS Witnessed Signature that I hoping will improve a little with a press. CBCS said that it can retain the yellow label if they are the ones that crack it, press it, and regrade it, which is the same policy that CGC has I believe.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Just an FYI. I shipped my 5 books to CBCS and they were received late August. They took 17 weeks 2 days. I just shipped a dozen to their competition 11/21 and received an email today that they were shipped and will be to me be 12/19, less than 1 month. I like CBCS but this makes me go hmmmnnn, where to next?
Post 145 IP   flag post
Today marks 17 weeks here. C’mon CBCS dont let me down, 1 week ‘til christmas!!
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Just an FYI. I shipped my 5 books to CBCS and they were received late August. They took 17 weeks 2 days. I just shipped a dozen to their competition 11/21 and received an email today that they were shipped and will be to me be 12/19, less than 1 month. I like CBCS but this makes me go hmmmnnn, where to next?

So 5 books took 17 weeks and 12 books less than a month? Did you pay more for a faster turnaround time or something?
Post 147 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Today marks 17 weeks here. C’mon CBCS dont let me down, 1 week ‘til christmas!!

Are you still in "Grading" too?
Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammitChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM

So 5 books took 17 weeks and 12 books less than a month? Did you pay more for a faster turnaround time or something?

CBCS 5 books took 17 weeks 2 days - modern, no fast pass, no pressing
CGC 12 books took 4 weeks - modern, no fast pass, no pressing
Post 149 IP   flag post
600771 149 24
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.