Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 11/22/20174879

Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
Labeling comes before QC.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9406
@RookTheKlown I'm definitely going to use CBCS again. In fact I'm sending my IM 55 and my CGC 8.5 ASM 300 out to my presser to give them a good clean and press, then I'm going to submit those bad boys to CBCS. For me the wait wasn't too bad. I understand all the circumstances surrounding the TAT's getting crazy. I have enjoyed my experience with CBCS.

I've got a CGC ASM #300 that I've considered sending in to have cracked, pressed, and re-graded. My only concern is that every time a book like that is handled, the chances of something bad happening go up exponentially. I have no desire to create a textbook example of Murphy's Law.

Incidentally, just got off the phone w/ Customer Service. My books are leaving QC this morning & heading over to shipping! Apparently the prayers were answered, and if the deities are still kind, I'll have my books by Christmas.

...just how much of my soul do you think 40 books worth of delivery is gonna cost? Asking for Cthulhu.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector RookTheKlown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
I've got a CGC ASM #300 that I've considered sending in to have cracked, pressed, and re-graded. My only concern is that every time a book like that is handled, the chances of something bad happening go up exponentially. I have no desire to create a textbook example of Murphy's Law.

My Punisher #1 was cracked and re-graded. I had just purchased it literally minutes earlier. I saw it at a vendor, paid for it, and brought it over to the CBCS booth to have them crack it and follow me to witness the signature. It was in my possession for probably 10 minutes total.

I knew there was potential for it to come back lower than the 8.5 it originally was at, but since it was nothing more than just having it signed, it was worth the risk for me.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookTheKlown
Quote:

My Punisher #1 was cracked and re-graded. I had just purchased it literally minutes earlier. I saw it at a vendor, paid for it, and brought it over to the CBCS booth to have them crack it and follow me to witness the signature. It was in my possession for probably 10 minutes total.

I knew there was potential for it to come back lower than the 8.5 it originally was at, but since it was nothing more than just having it signed, it was worth the risk for me.

Ive heard when they crack the book for what ever reason, then regrade it is generally the same grade. Out of curiosity how much did you pay for the book before getting signed? (if you dont want to say no problem) I purchased Punisher 1 last year and had it signed by Stan Lee then sent it for grading, came back with a 9.2. I was expecting a High 8-9.0, always nice to get things back higher than you were expecting
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _satan
Ive heard when they crack the book for what ever reason, then regrade it is generally the same grade. Out of curiosity how much did you pay for the book before getting signed? (if you dont want to say no problem) I purchased Punisher 1 last year and had it signed by Stan Lee then sent it for grading, came back with a 9.2. I was expecting a High 8-9.0, always nice to get things back higher than you were expecting

That's kinda what I figured, although they made sure to warn me that it absolutely gets re-graded and there's absolute potential for it to come back lower. And they warned me BEFORE they cracked it, just in case that would change my mind.

The vendor had it listed at $75, but sold it to me for $50.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Not too bad. While I am wanting my books back more and more by the day, It doesnt bother me too much. I was told when submitting them it was about a 16 week turn. This is my second submission to them (5 books). I had my Punisher 1 CGC from the same show last year, and the wait was about the same. So at almost half the price, I will definitely keep using cbcs
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookTheKlown
Quote:

That's kinda what I figured, although they made sure to warn me that it absolutely gets re-graded and there's absolute potential for it to come back lower. And they warned me BEFORE they cracked it, just in case that would change my mind.

The vendor had it listed at $75, but sold it to me for $50.

$50? Damn. I recently bought a collection that is heavy on Punisher; 1st Series #1 to Current. I think I got three sets of 1st series out of it (I still haven't finished inventory). I know I have three copies of #102 (Bullseye Cover); one looks fantastic (I sent it in for grade), one looks "ok", and another looks like most of the old mostly-white covers do after a while: slightly yellowing at the edges while the center becomes semi-translucent.
Post 107 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My books from Terrific Con (dropped off at the CBCS table on August 19th) just entered “grading” today!
Hopefully Santa can pick them up when he comes up the coast in a few weeks.
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
My books submitted on 8/11 have finally shipped 🙏🏻
Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
Not too bad. While I am wanting my books back more and more by the day, It doesnt bother me too much. I was told when submitting them it was about a 16 week turn. This is my second submission to them (5 books). I had my Punisher 1 CGC from the same show last year, and the wait was about the same. So at almost half the price, I will definitely keep using cbcs

In 2015 I had my copy of Amazing Spider-Man 129 sent to CGC after a witnessed signature. I gave it to them on 07/31, received it back on 12/17, which is a hair under 20 weeks. CBCS just beat that timeframe by about 3 weeks, while dealing with a massive hurricane. Combine that with better price and VSP option, and I know who I'm choosing in the future!
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
$50? Damn. I recently bought a collection that is heavy on Punisher; 1st Series #1 to Current. I think I got three sets of 1st series out of it (I still haven't finished inventory). I know I have three copies of #102 (Bullseye Cover); one looks fantastic (I sent it in for grade), one looks "ok", and another looks like most of the old mostly-white covers do after a while: slightly yellowing at the edges while the center becomes semi-translucent.

Yeah, I was surprised to get it at that price. I was looking to pick up the issue while I was there, but every copy I'd seen was way over-priced. Crazy how the one slabbed copy ended up being the best price.

Seriously, I'm so jealous right now. I'd love to be able to afford buying an entire collection like that. Let me know when you're done with your inventory. I'm still trying to finish off my run of his 2nd series (missing 4 issues), and only have issue 1 from the 1st series, so I may be interested in a few issues.
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
CBCS service blows. More than double the promised TAT. Can you dill weeds just send me my f-in books back already? Refund my card and just send them back.

Promised? I've now seen this posted by a few different posters when complaining about TAT's. So who promised you a specific TAT? My receipt from my last submission says that all TAT's are estimates. This is also stated on the pricing page on this web site. I've never been promised any TAT and I've never seen a promised TAT stated in print.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Finally shipped! Wooooo! Almost 4 months.. Just can't wait to receive it!
Post 113 IP   flag post
I was hopeful my order would ship by week's end, but 17 weeks have come and gone and I'm ending the week in QC....
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector ryusilva private msg quote post Address this user
17 long weeks, glad to have my books shipped.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anything more beautiful than find this in your inbox:

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Your following CBCS submissions are ready to be shipped:

17-2703DAF-MD

You will receive an email with your tracking number when these have been shipped via FedEx to the following address:.

Well, maybe the actual shipping notification, but still...
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftins6
CBCS service blows. More than double the promised TAT. Can you dill weeds just send me my f-in books back already? Refund my card and just send them back.

Promised? I've now seen this posted by a few different posters when complaining about TAT's. So who promised you a specific TAT? My receipt from my last submission says that all TAT's are estimates. This is also stated on the pricing page on this web site. I've never been promised any TAT and I've never seen a promised TAT stated in print.

I'm using the raw grade service which states in my order form that it takes 4 weeks from time of receipt. Any ways I called today and was told it somehow got passed up and that it should ship next week. I think they are just greasing the squeakiest wheel.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Etkt private msg quote post Address this user
Thought I would share some information regarding TAT on recent Quickstream and Rapid submissions of mine. I separated a shipment of 13 books and each was received on 11/17/17. One was all Quickstream (8 books; no pressing; no signatures) and they were shipped back yesterday (12/7/17). This submission was in-house less than three weeks. The other one had 3 Rapids and 2 Quickstream, all included pressing, no signatures. They are in grading now (Labels). I am very happy with these submissions from a time perspective.

I have some work to do, however, on my grading skills. I can now see the grades on the 8 books that are on their way back to me. A comparison of my grade to the CBCS result is as follows:

Over graded by me: 4
Grades matched: 2
Under graded by me: 2

Not really surprised by these results. We often see our books as better than they actually are. Pleasantly surprised about the ones where I under graded. I am learning.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etkt

I have some work to do, however, on my grading skills. I can now see the grades on the 8 books that are on their way back to me. A comparison of my grade to the CBCS result is as follows:

Over graded by me: 4
Grades matched: 2
Under graded by me: 2

Not really surprised by these results. We often see our books as better than they actually are. Pleasantly surprised about the ones where I under graded. I am learning.

Don’t beat yourself up - as long as you are within range - you did good
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector Etkt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote (poka):

Don’t beat yourself up - as long as you are within range - you did good

Thanks. I had never really put a number grade on a book as I haven't really sold any of my books and I have only sent one other book in for grading. These are all silver age Amazing Spider-Man books (50 and below). I know this really doesn't mean much here, but the actual comparisons on the ones that were different are as follows (my grade is first):

8.0 CBCS 6.5 (pretty big difference; need to look at the
book again when I receive it)
8.0 CBCS 7.5
9.0 CBCS 8.5
9.4 CBCS 9.0
9.4 CBCS 9.6
8.0 CBCS 8.5
Post 120 IP   flag post
Quote:
Books went from "labels" to "QC". Forward progress has been made!

Gonna say a prayer to Yahweh, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Ebisu, Odin, Ganesha, Brigid, Hephaestus/Vulcan, Weyland, Ptah, Nabu, Xenu, Cthulhu, The Great Pumpkin, an' anyone else I can think of who might be able to provide a little divine assistance so my books ship before Christmas.

I talked to Customer Service on Thursday (about a different order) but asked for a status update on my pending order. Even though the invoice had my books at "QC" I was told my books would be leaving QC & heading to Shipping on Friday. So I decided to check the invoice five minutes ago...

Labels?! Apparently my books decided to moonwalk back to labels?!

So much for divine assistance...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7_Vn-nO6w
Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Books went from "labels" to "QC". Forward progress has been made!

Gonna say a prayer to Yahweh, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Ebisu, Odin, Ganesha, Brigid, Hephaestus/Vulcan, Weyland, Ptah, Nabu, Xenu, Cthulhu, The Great Pumpkin, an' anyone else I can think of who might be able to provide a little divine assistance so my books ship before Christmas.

I talked to Customer Service on Thursday (about a different order) but asked for a status update on my pending order. Even though the invoice had my books at "QC" I was told my books would be leaving QC & heading to Shipping on Friday. So I decided to check the invoice five minutes ago...

Labels?! Apparently my books decided to moonwalk back to labels?!

So much for divine assistance...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7_Vn-nO6w

My invoice says labels but the dashboard says shipping. They don’t seem to have the status updates in sync.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector Cwausti private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwausti
Still waiting on my June 1 submission. Still listed as processing

Click on the order number and it will show you the status on the next screen.

OK my 2 expanded comics are shipping and the 9 modern are as grading... Been stuck like this for at least 30 days. Again this was a Jun 1 submission. Why so long?
Post 123 IP   flag post
My August 16 submission just shipped. I was getting impatient, but man am I happy with the grades, so worth the wait. I'll post an unboxing when they come in.
Post 124 IP   flag post
I got the e-mail that my order is completed, but not the shipping e-mail. Hopefully that occurs tomorrow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usuVaCuaMVM
Post 125 IP   flag post
Collector kbutcher private msg quote post Address this user
After 30 weeks (order submitted May 11), I received notice that my order has shipped. 1 Bronze Age with pressing and 3 modern without pressing.
Post 126 IP   flag post
What a mess. My submission was received by CBCS on August 11th and it had 1 Consumer and 8 Moderns. No pressing or fast pass. I'm in the middle of week 18 and all of the books had been out of grading per CBCS's website since mid-October. The updated invoice as of yesterday had all books in QC.

Friday was the end of week 17 so I emailed CBCS asking when my books would ship. I gave the order number and I was told it finished the encapsulation process last week and that it's in QC and would ship Monday or Tuesday.

So, I email them again this morning since the 8 moderns had grade screens and my credit card hadn't been charged yet. I ask how could my books ship by end of day if I still have an outstanding balance. I get a reply "Our system shows no balance due on order 17-2C2E3AE, it was billed for $70 on August 11th when the books were received." So.....I reply back saying "8 of the modern tier books had grade screens. The $70 is only for shipping and the one pre-1975 book that didn’t have a grade screen."

I sent that email while in traffic on my way to work. I logged in again as soon as I got to work (30 min later) and the portion of my order containing the 8 moderns is back in GRADING!!!! After 18 weeks I really can't believe I'm seeing this order back in grading. Yes, it's a first world problem, but come on CBCS! A backlog in your QC / Label / Encapsulation area due to Hurricane Harvey impacting your plastics vendor, Hurricane Irma, the CBCS emblem / heat seal adjustment and the Beckett acquisition is one thing. But this is just a complete oversight on your part.

I sent another email asking for an explanation and for them to expedite the order. Fingers crossed they'll do the right thing.

How was this even overlooked if all books in the same order are supposed to be kept together? Were these 8 moderns stuffed in a corner the last 4 months? Watch they all come back torn to shreds.
Post 127 IP   flag post
FYI, this has been taken care of. Thank you CBCS for taking care of it so quickly.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@J_Walker How did they resolve the issue?
Post 129 IP   flag post
Not sure to be honest. Part of it was probably due to me overreacting since I assumed these 8 books hadn't been graded yet. So, they were probably already graded and encapsulated and perhaps in order to trigger the flow of the books to billing they needed to move the status back to grading and then "push it forward" in the system until it reached Billing.

All I know is that I was charged for the 8 moderns and received the shipping notification within a couple hours of emailing them / posting the above.

When I reached out to them on Friday, they did say the order would ship Monday or Tuesday. So technically they could've met that Tuesday deliverable without my pestering emails.

But something was off this morning when they said I didn't owe a balance on the 8 moderns. So I panicked.
Post 130 IP   flag post
597875 149 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.