CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 11/22/20174879

Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post
Why are those 2 comments in my dashboard when i'm going on 9 weeks with no sign of the books even being opened? Come on. Do Raw grade books fall under "All Other"? I've asked that question several times and no one has ever answered it. My blood is starting to boil.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
So update on my 1 day (w/ VSP) order. Received by CBCS 11/8/2017. Shipped back to me 11/30/2017

For cost/time effectiveness it looks like Quickstream is a better choice for those hoping to get Pre-1975 books graded and returned before end of year.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Hanginglimbs private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I'm a moron, but I find grading tiers confusing enough as they are, let alone when timelines don't even resemble what is advertised
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector onlyhulk23 private msg quote post Address this user
@Kaleljll

lucky! i sent mine around the same time and i used fast pass. wtf. maybe the the pressing on 1 book and vsp slowed it down some
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyhulk23
@Kaleljll

lucky! i sent mine around the same time and i used fast pass. wtf. maybe the the pressing on 1 book and vsp slowed it down some

I'm sure you will get yours back soon.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
So I complained about the "fast pass" people getting their books ahead of me and no response and then I get two emails.

My books are ready and have been shipped! Holy Cow!

Expect them on Wed. which is 16 weeks and two days since they left my house.

Got 3 9.8's out of five that was good to see.

But I doubt I'll use them again unless things change - i'll be keeping an eye out.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming

#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Please answer me already Do the Raw Graded books fall into the All Other category? They were promised within 4 weeks and we are at 9 already. Whats the deal?
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector J_Walker private msg quote post Address this user
@shiftins6 - my guess is they don’t fall into the All Other category since raw grade technically isn’t a Tier. Looking at the submission form, it’s just an option within each of the tiers, but not necessarily its own tier.
Post 60 IP   flag post
I don't know what else to think. The service isn't listed on that graph that was posted. Looks like a phone call is my next option since my questions are never answered here.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
So update on my 1 day (w/ VSP) order. Received by CBCS 11/8/2017. Shipped back to me 11/30/2017

For cost/time effectiveness it looks like Quickstream is a better choice for those hoping to get Pre-1975 books graded and returned before end of year.

Soon after CBCS started offering the VSP service, I asked about TAT on signatures. I had a modern and I was considering two day, but was unsure that timeframe would work with signature. I was told then it would take a couple of weeks for VSP so it was wiser just to add fast pass to the modern tier.

If you add two weeks and two days (CBCS closed 11/23 & 11/24 for Thanksgiving), you are very close to that VSP adding two weeks to your one day service.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Cwausti private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting on my June 1 submission. Still listed as processing
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwausti
Still waiting on my June 1 submission. Still listed as processing

Click on the order number and it will show you the status on the next screen.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Received my books. Quickstream.
Invoice 11/01/17
Received 12/02/17

Hope this helps give others some idea on timeframe.

thanks
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector John1122 private msg quote post Address this user
My books went from grading to shipping today. Not to shipped yet though. 2 days shy of 17 weeks right now.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
My books were received Saturday. Modern, no press, no fast pass. Total time 17 weeks 2 days.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Wow, crazy turnaround times
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, real life example....

Some books from SDCC... They had them "received" in the system on August 9th, and they physically shipped on December 1st. That's 16-ish weeks, right?

Am I annoyed by this? Nope... Modern + some witnessed sigs (don't think that impacts grading), which hit their dock right in the middle of their supply / part shortage (TX weather), went through their FL weather issue, PLUS getting slammed to hell by SDCC influx. Really, it puts them around 4-5 weeks over their original estimate, when they had no idea of the scope of problems that would arise.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
To quote Tychus Findlay, "Sweet mother o' mercy."

Books went from "labels" to "QC". Forward progress has been made!

Gonna say a prayer to Yahweh, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Ebisu, Odin, Ganesha, Brigid, Hephaestus/Vulcan, Weyland, Ptah, Nabu, Xenu, Cthulhu, The Great Pumpkin, an' anyone else I can think of who might be able to provide a little divine assistance so my books ship before Christmas.

...or I could just wait. ;-)
Post 70 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament you forgot Flying Spaghetti Monster
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector c2t2merch private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping to get someone from CBCS to reply to this. I sent in multiple comics at a convention on May 23rd 2017, all ASP, one to be pressed. I was told because one of them is being pressed that the rest of the books had to wait for that one book to go through the pressing queue. That's fair enough, but now the turnaround from pressing says they are pressing books received mid-June which means my one book that was to be pressed was probably pressed about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago. With that said, why have I still not received my books at this point? We are talking almost 7 months turnaround time here, I have been very patient throughout this entire process because it was con season and y'all were ridiculously busy. However, I think that its fair for me to say that no one should have to wait 7+ months for their books to be sent back to them under any circumstance.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2t2merch
Hoping to get someone from CBCS to reply to this. I sent in multiple comics at a convention on May 23rd 2017, all ASP, one to be pressed. I was told because one of them is being pressed that the rest of the books had to wait for that one book to go through the pressing queue. That's fair enough, but now the turnaround from pressing says they are pressing books received mid-June which means my one book that was to be pressed was probably pressed about 1 1/2 to 2 months ago. With that said, why have I still not received my books at this point? We are talking almost 7 months turnaround time here, I have been very patient throughout this entire process because it was con season and y'all were ridiculously busy. However, I think that its fair for me to say that no one should have to wait 7+ months for their books to be sent back to them under any circumstance.

Damn. Sorry man. Way too long to wait for the service provided
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector c2t2merch private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanginglimbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2t2merch

Damn. Sorry man. Way too long to wait for the service provided

Yeah, at this rate the books I sent in in September will get back to me before the ones I sent in May
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Is 17 weeks+ too long TAT - yes!
Are there more important things in life to deal with - yes!

It is a life cycle - The longer TAT - the fewer ppl will use CBCS - which will lead to a reduction in TAT until it increases again.

It would be a nice gesture though for CBCS to give a small appreciation to the impacted submitters to compensate for the sub-standard TAT.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
It would be a nice gesture though for CBCS to give a small appreciation to the impacted submitters to compensate for the sub-standard TAT.

They used to give submitters a coupon for 70 cents off their next grading fee, but that just made them even angrier.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

They used to give submitters a coupon for 70 cents off their next grading fee, but that just made them even angrier.

There are small and then there is tiny like microskopic
Post 78 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
One of my two submissions hit 15 weeks yesterday. If they are running about 17 weeks, do you think I have a shot at getting them back by Christmas?
Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
One of my two submissions hit 15 weeks yesterday. If they are running about 17 weeks, do you think I have a shot at getting them back by Christmas?

Mine are getting labels now!

I think we will get our books back in time, that leaves 2.5 weeks to ship before Christmas. Whats the status on your invoice, it should be close to mine
Post 80 IP   flag post
600861 149 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.