Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

CBCS Turnaround 11/22/20174879

Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
@Gabriel85301
You should call customer service and let them know of the potential error on the book you spoke of. Easy fix now, harder farther into the process.

Sorry to hear of your families's misfortune. I'm glad to hear you were able to help

Agreed. I got back a two signature book with only one signature listed on the label. I called customer service and they were nice enough to explain how it could be fixed but I just haven’t had the time to mess with it. Best to correct it now before it’s sent back to you.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Just got an email from cbcs, and got all excited that things were moving!!

Nope, they have received and charged my card for the 2-day modern invoice on The Good Morty (that cannot be graded).

blagh...

*At least they fixed it quickly
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
My books are in QC!!!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
So I get it. You can't control Mother Nature and then your supplier of slabs has issues OK. But what gets me pissed is this....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=batman+dark+nights+metal+%231+mattina+cbcs+ultimate+variant+9.8+74%2F250&_blrs=spell_check

It's a listing of a Metal #1 variant released in October (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

My submission (Aug 4th) is just regular grading - no sigs and no pressing.

I just don't feel it's right for them to accept speed orders until they are caught up on the backlog.

I feel very slighted here. In spite of the delay I had planned using them on a regularly but now I don't think so.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbj102
So I get it. You can't control Mother Nature and then your supplier of slabs has issues OK. But what gets me pissed is this....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=batman+dark+nights+metal+%231+mattina+cbcs+ultimate+variant+9.8+74%2F250&_blrs=spell_check
From what I have seen on message boards,Facebook,and other sites these turnaround times have cost cbcs lots of customers, and rightfully so. Great company but these times are not acceptable. No excuses anymore, get it done cbcs!

It's a listing of a Metal #1 variant released in October (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I just don't feel it's right for them to accept speed orders until they are caught up on the backlog.

I feel very slighted here. In spite of the delay I had planned using them on a regularly but now I don't think so.

No excuses for them anymore, they need to fix these turn around times. From Facebook,here, and other message boards they are losing customers left and right. People want to say give them time, but ladies and gentlemen if they keep losing customers they will have plenty of time on their hands as a bankrupt company, maybe Beckett will shutter them and it will become Beckett grading.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
My comics shipped today!! You guys gotta have some hope for yours now! I sent them in at the beginning of June and they were recieved June 12th.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Hanginglimbs private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I guess I won't be getting my Boston books until January at the earliest.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector onlyhulk23 private msg quote post Address this user
have a hard time believing these turn around times. I sent my books in around june 15th, at that time turn around time was around 13 weeks. its been 5 and half months and havent moved an inch according to the site. smh.

not to mention customer service has been sub par, was told to email customerservice@cbcscomics.com. havent heard anything back

all i want is a some kind of update

oh well i guess i will wait. already been months plus anyway
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Update for you guys. I sent in 6 modern books on Fast Pass. They received on August 27th.

Got shipping confirmation today 11/29/17.

My 1 day (with VSP) that I sent on 11/8/17, still no movement.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Update for you guys. I sent in 6 modern books on Fast Pass. They received on August 27th.

Got shipping confirmation today 11/29/17.

My 1 day (with VSP) that I sent on 11/8/17, still no movement.

The fact that those books were fast pass is one of the most depressing things I’ve read today. In light of all the crap in the news, that’s saying a lot.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
Every "Turnaround" post makes me sing...

Every now and then I get a little bit lonely And you're never coming round....
Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
One step at a time. The 15 books that I submitted in person at RICC on November 12th were "upgraded" from submitted to processing today. They should be treated as if they were received on November 14th, the Tuesday after the convention.
The 20 I submitted in person on August 18th are still in processing mode. I hope that things are moving again and that they will quickly go to grading, encapsulation, QC, and shipping. I have seen books "fly" through several steps before, so I am trying to be optimistic.
Post 37 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
The 20 I submitted in person on August 18th are still in processing mode. I hope that things are moving again and that they will quickly go to grading, encapsulation, QC, and shipping

I don't think this turnaround update is accurate at all. Nobody seems to be able to corroborate any of the dates, just the opposite

I've got my fingers crossed we get ours in time for Christmas, but its not looking guaranteed at this point
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Books just moved to "SHIPPING" from Quickstream NOV 1st invoice

When do they reveal the grade of the book? at "SHIPPED" ?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Just an FYI. My 5 books were submitted and received by CBCS on 8/1/17, modern, no fast pass, no pressing. I received an email 11/24/17 stating they were ready to ship (16 weeks 2 days). I was able to see the grades then. I have not received an email with the tracking information yet.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector 99issues private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Just an FYI. My 5 books were submitted and received by CBCS on 8/1/17, modern, no fast pass, no pressing. I received an email 11/24/17 stating they were ready to ship (16 weeks 2 days). I was able to see the grades then. I have not received an email with the tracking information yet.

@DavidM

I do not see my grades. Where did you see them listed? They are not under "MY COMICS" section
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector cbj102 private msg quote post Address this user
What a freaking mess!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99issues
Quote:

@DavidM

I do not see my grades. Where did you see them listed? They are not under "MY COMICS" section

Mine are listed under "My Comics" and on the dashboard.

Edit: I returned home to a Fedex notification. I believe my comics will be here tomorrow. So just over 17 weeks. TAT seems accurate for my books.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What a freaking mess!

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector rdbing private msg quote post Address this user
Sigh...Mine have not moved, or done anything...If things are correct my books will be ready in April, mailed in October...Sad for sure...Will wait and see what happens
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector John1122 private msg quote post Address this user
Mine were received August 10th and have been in grading for a long time. No progress there. From the report that August 1st received date moved to shipping on Nov 24th, I'm hoping to see progress on mine soon. I just have to check my dashboard, I never get emails at all from them.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1122
Mine were received August 10th and have been in grading for a long time. No progress there. From the report that August 1st received date moved to shipping on Nov 24th, I'm hoping to see progress on mine soon. I just have to check my dashboard, I never get emails at all from them.

Time spent in any given status really doesn't mean much. Books can sit in one status for a long time, then finish and ship within the stated TAT. If the stated TAT is accurate for your books, you should see them ship the end of next week.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99issues
Quote:

@DavidM

Go to ORDER HISTORY. Find/click on the submission number. Then click on the "eyeball" image next to the book and it will take you to grading notes.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Those 2 day 2 Modern turnarounds upon getting a membership!
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Dang. :/ I submitted 73 books in September. I hope I get just one of those books back in time for Ace Comic Con to have Cassaday sign. :/
Post 50 IP   flag post

Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post
Why are those 2 comments in my dashboard when i'm going on 9 weeks with no sign of the books even being opened? Come on. Do Raw grade books fall under "All Other"? I've asked that question several times and no one has ever answered it. My blood is starting to boil.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
So update on my 1 day (w/ VSP) order. Received by CBCS 11/8/2017. Shipped back to me 11/30/2017

For cost/time effectiveness it looks like Quickstream is a better choice for those hoping to get Pre-1975 books graded and returned before end of year.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Hanginglimbs private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I'm a moron, but I find grading tiers confusing enough as they are, let alone when timelines don't even resemble what is advertised
Post 55 IP   flag post
601347 149 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.