Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - The Thread4874

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
The last thread I started back in August got archived. You can read it here: The Last Jedi CBCS Forum Thread

So, starting a new one since that is our next big movie release, in fact we're just about 3 weeks out from it's wide release.

Early tracking is projecting a $200M opening weekend.

Are you as excited as me? Let's chat it up!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Premiere Date: 12/09/2017
Press Screenings (I guess this is when the social media embargo lifts): 12/11/2017
Domestic Wide Release: 12/15/2017
Post 1 IP   flag post
This clip was published yesterday:

Post 2 IP   flag post
Here's a good article on those cool crystal foxes we see on the planet Cait in the trailers:
Crystal Foxes
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Yay! No more Jedi's!!! Now we just need a razor for the wookies and ewoks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Yay! No more Jedi's!!! Now we just need a razor for the wookies and ewoks.

lol not a fan I can see....
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be waiting for the inevitable Ricketts declarartion that not only is this the best Star Wars movie, but the best movie evah!

Post 6 IP   flag post
It's okay. Saw the first movie at a drive-in theater in Pennsylvania somewhere while on vacation. I liked it. We just need to clean up Chewy and make him more palatable.
Post 7 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm I just bid $182,648,686 for that Fox on eBay. Hopefully I'd win.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I hope shipping is free
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I am not as excited about Star Wars movies as I used to be. After episodes 1-3 it all went downhill. More of the same.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Well shoot this thread isn't going the way I hoped. Oh well, I will be enjoying the movie on opening day
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Hmm I just bid $182,648,686 for that Fox on eBay. Hopefully I'd win.

I want one that lights up with Christmas colors, so I won't outbid you on this one.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I even have a mandalorian tattoo
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Bought me a Star Wars #1. Can’t argue with a never to end franchise! Could be a cool movie, Heard that Queen Eliz was doing a cameo.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
Well shoot this thread isn't going the way I hoped. Oh well, I will be enjoying the movie on opening day

Yeah, lots of Debbie downers here...maybe because there's not much to say it until you see the movie and have something to talk about.

Me, I'm very excited, but will not go opening night or week, for that matter. will see it after the initial wave subsides and I'm not fighting for seats.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics Don’t worry! I’m riding this hype train with you! Last Jedi leeeeeet’s goooooooo!!!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Sorry didn't mean to bum anybody out. I bet 90% of you inside this thread don't like Rick and Morty but I still love ya.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking forward to it, I want to see a post-Skywalker SW universe. The whiney kid with superpowers trope is getting old.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I'm very much looking forward to this movie. The best thing to happen to Star Wars was getting Lucas out of it. (Sorry not sorry.) Bought my tickets for this one a couple weeks ago. A friend of mine and I are gonna cosplay for it opening day. Should be a lot of fun!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Star Wars Spoiler:

Post 20 IP   flag post
ok so now that I got that bad joke out of the way,
when are you guys seeing the movie?

I will be going tomorrow night (Friday night)
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Going tonight to an early private screening.

Really looking forward to it
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer
Going tonight to an early private screening.

Really looking forward to it

Awesome! That is a great birthday present
Happy Birthday
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping to go by next week, so I can avoid toooooo many spoilers!!! Despite the majority of my social media friends being genre movie junkies, I'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers. My eyes immediately gloss over when I catch a whiff of anything I shouldn't be reading. Good movie, great movie, amazing movie... see it as soon as possible... fine fine fine... Any details? What? Who? Huh?

"These aren't the droids you're looking for..."
Post 24 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I just got back from it! It was a lot of fun. Started a bit slow but really cranked it up to eleven for the second half.
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
#ILISM
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Its a good movie. I liked the story, and the technical elements were, for lack of a better term, perfect (when your production budget is virtually limitless...).

Honestly, even with the Oscar's well-documented history of hating on science fiction, I think there are a couple of contenders in The Last Jedi. I think Carrie Fisher will get a posthumous nod for Best Supporting Actress (so far it would be a winning performance too), Mark Hamill might get one for Best Supporting Actor (he won't win, but it would be nice to see the nod), and Daisy Ridley for Best Actress (a nod, but not a win; I don't think the Oscars snobbery would allow a win for anything beyond best supporting).
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was awesome, though slow at first. The Rey, Finn, Kylo, Poe & Rose characters are great and should keep the Star Wars flag flying for years to come. Took work off and went by myself today. Taking my wife and a car load of kids to see it tomorrow.

#ILISM @shrewbeer 🤣🤣🤣
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't seen the movie yet but I was at my LCS today and overheard a customer telling one of the employees that this movie was up to par with "The Empire Strikes Back".

Her reply was "no spoilers please", I haven't seen it yet!

Is it that good?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
The wife and I are planning to see it on our anniversary in a couple weeks.

While I'm not a fan of the prequels, particularly epI, I thought TFA was enjoyable so I'm in for the new one. I am by the way a lifelong fan, my dad actually saved up and bought a VCR in like 84 so he could watch SW whenever he wanted to.

Mom got me that from the video store when Empire came out because it was my favorite.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601329 75 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?