Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weapon H new series details4867

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a press release from Marvel on the new Weapon H series... The cover looks nice!

Marvel Announces New WEAPON H Series!
Coming this March from Greg Pak and Cory Smith

New York, NY—November 21, 2017—The Weapon X program has done it, at the cost of their own destruction: they’ve completed their biggest and most dangerous experiment yet, a hybrid of Hulk and Wolverine DNA known as WEAPON H. Now, he’s ready to take on the world – and he means business.

Following his debut in TOTALLY AWESOME HULK and WEAPON X’S “Weapon of Mutant Destruction” summer crossover, Marvel is excited to announce that the character will star in a new ongoing series coming in March from Totally Awesome Hulk/Weapon X writer Greg Pak and X-Men: Blue artist Cory Smith.

“Greg Pak wrote one of the biggest and most action packed Hulk stories ever in Planet Hulk…so it only made sense that he brought those same sensibilities to Weapon H,” said series editor Darren Shan. “We’re going to pit him against the biggest threats of the Marvel Universe that you can imagine, starting with a new kind of Wendigo! And then Cory Smith is going to multiply that times ten and smash the hell out of it with his incredible art! Whether you read his first appearance in Weapon X: The Hunt for Weapon H or not, you’re going to find that we only scratched the surface of this bombastic new character!”

Don’t miss WEAPON H, coming to your local comic shop this March!

WEAPON H #1
Written by GREG PAK
Art by CORY SMITH
Cover by LEINIL YU

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Stock up on TAH 22s!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Stock up on TAH 22s!

Yeah, my local forgot to pull it for me. Bah! Oh well! There are plenty of other books in my collection, ha ha.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector pjray55 private msg quote post Address this user
I like that they chose Wendigo as the issue 1 big bad.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I wonder how many variant covers there will be. It can't just be the one!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I wonder how many variant covers there will be. It can't just be the one!

Overwhelming odds are that there will be incentive and store/website exclusive variants, I'm not a fan of that cover.

This will help TAH #22, btw.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The whole concept looks stupid to me and undermines the significance of the original characters. It would be one thing to have a little one-shot appearance of a character like this that gets beaten in a fight and disappears for a few years. It's another to give him his own title. It's stuff like this that makes me pretty sure I'll never buy modern comics again. If others think this is cool, I'm happy for you. I just remember the days when I looked forward to seeing the new releases.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
The whole concept looks stupid to me and undermines the significance of the original characters. It would be one thing to have a little one-shot appearance of a character like this that gets beaten in a fight and disappears for a few years. It's another to give him his own title. It's stuff like this that makes me pretty sure I'll never buy modern comics again. If others think this is cool, I'm happy for you. I just remember the days when I looked forward to seeing the new releases.

I won't be picking it up, personally. I try to keep tabs on everything going on in the industry, though, even if I don't buy the books. Keeping a pulse! Sometimes I prospect certain books and other things I don't touch. The issue one in this case won't have as much demand as his first appearances Hulk anyway. Greg Pak is an awesome draw, though...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I won't be picking it up, personally. I try to keep tabs on everything going on in the industry, though, even if I don't buy the books. Keeping a pulse! Sometimes I prospect certain books and other things I don't touch. The issue one in this case won't have as much demand as his first appearances Hulk anyway. Greg Pak is an awesome draw, though...

I do the same on more of a sampling basis. So much with Marvel is just throwing ideas out there and seeing what floats. Most of it doesn't and the ideas are so bad that i'm not interested anyway.
Marvel already has/had characters that serve this role as mixing super-powers.... The Super Adaptoid, The Super Skrull, The Mimic. There's probably more.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

I do the same on more of a sampling basis. So much with Marvel is just throwing ideas out there and seeing what floats. Most of it doesn't and the ideas are so bad that i'm not interested anyway.
Marvel already has/had characters that serve this role as mixing super-powers.... The Super Adaptoid, The Super Skrull, The Mimic. There's probably more.

The fan response to Weapon H has been overwhelmingly positive, your opinion on this character is in the minority.

Based on fan response/demand, it would be foolish of Marvel to not give this character his own monthly series.

I don't read new comics, for the most part, but I thought the Weapon H storyline was pretty damn fun.

I just don't think the regular cover of Weapon H #1 does the book any justice but I am sure at least one of the variants will.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I realize that the current audience is responding positively.
The people buying modern comics are fish in the barrel. It's a captive audience and the only audience publishers are reaching with their marketing. Marvel is catering to everything that makes you look twice and spend money.

The rest of us saw what new collectors were raving about and slowly backed their way out of the comic stores cancelling their subscriptions at the same time. There's a whole ocean full of fish... even bigger fish that laugh when modern collectors talk about how popular a comic is. We remember when comics actually sold well. Not just special issues. Not just #1's. Not because there was a "1:100" variant cover incentive. We remember when new comics appealed to a large number of collectors on a monthly basis.

I am happy for everyone that thinks this is a great comic. I'm also wondering if publishers will ever try to cast their fishing pole out to a larger audience and offer something that interests me.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I realize that the current audience is responding positively.
The people buying modern comics are fish in the barrel. It's a captive audience and the only audience publishers are reaching with their marketing. Marvel is catering to everything that makes you look twice and spend money.

The rest of us saw what new collectors were raving about and slowly backed their way out of the comic stores cancelling their subscriptions at the same time. There's a whole ocean full of fish... even bigger fish that laugh when modern collectors talk about how popular a comic is. We remember when comics actually sold well. Not just special issues. Not just #1's. Not because there was a "1:100" variant cover incentive. We remember when new comics appealed to a large number of collectors on a monthly basis.

I am happy for everyone that thinks this is a great comic. I'm also wondering if publishers will ever try to cast their fishing pole out to a larger audience and offer something that interests me.

To be fair, I do actually agree with most of what you expressed, that is why I hardly read new comics anymore.

However, TAH #22 is a book that was not sold with gimmicks like incentive or store variants, and the print run was very low.

I will pick up the Weapon H title when it comes out, but just to read it....I am not interested in paying premiums for any 1:100 chase covers etc.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
To be fair, I do actually agree with most of what you expressed, that is why I hardly read new comics anymore.

However, TAH #22 is a book that was not sold with gimmicks like incentive or store variants, and the print run was very low.

I will pick up the Weapon H title when it comes out, but just to read it....I am not interested in paying premiums for any 1:100 chase covers etc.

People went ape$%^# about TAH 22 because it wasn't solicited as tied to Weapon X in Previews / Weapons of Mass Destruction. It was a late reveal, so retailers under-ordered, so everyone had to scramble to find copies. It's a speculator's dream. New character debuting in a book with slipping sales without multiple covers. Winner!

The sell out combined with the hype factory demanded a 2nd and 3rd print as a result.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Cosmic Spidey!

Gwenom!

Keep the list going!
Post 14 IP   flag post
600892 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?