Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Has this happened to anyone?4865

Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
@BLBcomics Do you have a link where we can read your article? I would love to read it! Thanks. Ray

Thanks for asking, Ray!
Here is TwoMorrows.com web page for digital downloads of earlier Comic Book Artist where one can score #6 and #7 each containing roughly half of Secrets Origins of the Direct Market. Looks like John wants 3.95 per ish to read inside your computer.

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=98_56

Here are the covers to CBS #6 kate 1999 and #7 early 2000

I truly MUST get my comics business history book finished finally

Comic Book Store Wars will run some 800 pages in-depth coverage of the myriad origins of what we came to call the Direct Market coupled with the rise of the phenom of the comic book store mid 60s thru the mid 90s/

Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBcomics
x51 Bill Gaines saved copies of every New Direction.

In my searches, I've never seen file copies of Impact #1 with the white logo. William Gaines was supposedly so dissatisfied with the Charlton printing on the book that he had the copies recalled and destroyed. Despite that, copies can be found. All of the file copies I've seen have the yellow Impact title and that is the 2nd printing on the book.

I have seen both yellow and white logo Impact. Learned something new today re Impact being printed at Charlton. Thanks!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
x51 Bill Gaines saved copies of every New Direction.

In my searches, I've never seen file copies of Impact #1 with the white logo. William Gaines was supposedly so dissatisfied with the Charlton printing on the book that he had the copies recalled and destroyed. Despite that, copies can be found. All of the file copies I've seen have the yellow Impact title and that is the 2nd printing on the book.

I have seen both yellow and white logo Impact. Learned something new today re Impact being printed at Charlton. Thanks!

I bought the Charlton printing without knowing there was a variant. Later, while researching something else, the story began to unfold. I suspect that Charlton had printed some other issues also, but I have only sketchy evidence.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Is Gary setting his ladder against comics on the wall?! Say it ain't so! Oh the spine ticks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Is Gary setting his ladder against comics on the wall?! Say it ain't so! Oh the spine ticks!

Lost souls have been pondering such conjecture for almost 50 years since this famous pic of him up his ladder as the comics wall papered his store. It was the main watering hole for many hundreds of gathering fans then creators such as Robert Crumb, Rick Griffin, and most of the rest of the comix community who moved in to the Bay Area.

There is a new "Comic Shop" book out which is sadly woefully incomplete along with some San Jose Calif sub-cult who have away to much overblown arrogance about themselves in the annals of the comics business. They bam-boozled the author.

Griffin

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Mickcatron private msg quote post Address this user
So, talked to Steve Borock yesterday, and I'm going to send the book back in; directed straight to him. He will determine if the 9.4 is justified or if it should have kept the 9.6, and if it does indeed keep the 9.4 mark he will issue a bit of a credit to my account to make up for the mistake.

I'm quite pleased after speaking with him, he really did seem quite concerned with keeping us customers happy. Hopefully once these TAT correct themselves it will be a smoother ride.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
@Mickcatron

Thanks for the update, sounds like CBCS is stepping forward to help find an adequate solution.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Mickcatron private msg quote post Address this user
Well hopefully this saga has come to an end. I sent the book back in, Steve looked at it and determined that I did deserve the original 9.6 and it is now at the shipping stage.

The only problem is they have it marked as Amazing Spider-man 52 (1975) on my dashboard - I sure hope it doesn't come back with the incorrect label. It's Amazing 52 (2003).

If it does, I give up.
Post 57 IP   flag post
601251 57 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?