Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkComics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeMovies Television

Movie Comics #1 and eBay4864

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck with this @BLBcomics!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@BLBcomics - Keep the faith, man and enjoy the holiday with your family and friends, the things that are really your treasures.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBcomics
I also wish to finally complete Comic Book Store Wars which is going to run 800 pages about the myriad origins of what we came to call the Direct Market and the rise of the comic book store phenom centering mainly mid 60 thru mid 90s.

Now this is a a book on comic book history I would love to read. Let me know when it's ready for pre-order.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBcomics
I also wish to finally complete Comic Book Store Wars which is going to run 800 pages about the myriad origins of what we came to call the Direct Market and the rise of the comic book store phenom centering mainly mid 60 thru mid 90s.

Now this is a a book on comic book history I would love to read. Let me know when it's ready for pre-order.

Making reasonable bids on the thousands of comics I am divesting will hopefully get me in to a level I can focus on Comic Book Store Wars and finally finish it. After passing some bucks on to Katy for her next surgery, discharging some debts, I wish to stop dealing in comics and finish up what I think will be the ultimate history of what transpired
Post 29 IP   flag post
About a week ago I began the process of converting some 1500 out f 7000+ listings in my eBay store over to auction mode. Katy is having another surgery soon early next year.

All rest of November and all thru December every day am placing new auction listings most of them I grade 9.0 9.2 and some I place 9.4 on.

I maintain a description box where I note defects.
Then again, I tend not to post comics with major defects.
And I also post both covers and some times interior shots.

Pushing towards 200 auctions by tonight midnight
http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics/_i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_sc=1&_sid=741687&_sop=10&_trksid=p4634.c0.m309

The first auctions begin ending Sunday.

There are also 6800+ listings not (yet) auction mode am accepting all fair offers on.

Plus an additional 45,000 in the warehouse yet to be scanned.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@BLBcomics won my first item in your auctions today. hopefully - there will be more!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@BLBcomics won my first item in your auctions today. hopefully - there will be more!

Me too. Hope to win a few more this week.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Been placing new listings up every day so far. Not as many as I wish to as I experiment a bit. Am going to place more up tonight as auctions for a couple hours tonight. The tricky part will become packaging and pushing orders back out inside USPS in an ASAP mode.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@BLBcomics how about the prices you have got so far on the sold auction lots - are they within your expectations?
Post 34 IP   flag post
No- not at all yet in most cases. Then again, have only begun the beguine on this. There are high grades to be had to be slabbed by others. As this progresses with my internal idea of auctioning off 1500 mainly 1970s comics in NM high grades, the prices realized will uptick. At least i sure hope so. Casting fate to the wind
Post 35 IP   flag post
The problem with auctions from a sellers point of view is that you need at least two ppl. Example - the item I just bid and won. If I hadn’t bid it would have sold for $10, because there was only one bidder left at that price, but because I joined as a second bidder - I pushed it up to $20.

On the other hand - with auctions - if you have 2 people or more - it can push the price up significantly for the right items.
Post 36 IP   flag post
UPDATE: As I typed here last week I began a few hundred auctions as a test. Got a bit swamped a bit beyond what I had already thought I had anticipated.

I stopped listing new auctions for a few days as we catch it all up.

Part of this is on the job training learning and making for an assembly line process. Have already mailed out USPS over a hundred orders the past few days.

Right this sec there are 57 paid order lots more yet to get packaged. And 28 orders yet to be paid.

Plus more 50 auctions yet to end the next few days
http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics/_i.html?LH_Auction=1&rt=nc&_sc=1&_sid=741687&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

I hobble around on crutches much of the day semi-disabled. We had 130 mph tornado winds replete with heavy rain & hail come thru the Omaha area here not that long ago blowing me off the front porch flying 7 feet thru mid air landing on my left hip joint and left elbow as I was outside trying to tie stuff so it wouldn't blow away. At 65 I guess i do not bounce as well as I used to.

yet I also have to raise yet more bucks for Katy's next surgery.

There are bonafide good deals to be had via these eBay auctions. I begin listing another couple hundred in a day or so once caught up.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@BLBcomics thanks. I was wondering why the comics I paid for a week ago had not been shipped yet. Get better.
Post 38 IP   flag post
598013 38 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?