Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Comic Releases-Nov 22-Doomsday Turkey4857

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Before the Gobble Gobble, we have new comics to get this week. What to do? WHAT TO DO?!?!?!

Archie Comics - If you're into Archie, another ongoing is popping up, Betty & Veronica Vixens with a few different covers. We have Eva Cabrera, Robert Hack, and Fiona Staples Options. Fiona Staples is a personal favorite of mine, so I'd go with hers if I was picking this one up.

Cabrera:

Hack:

Staples:

Dark Horse Comics - If you picked up the first issue, Sherlock Frankenstein and the Legion of Evil issue 2 comes out with a couple of cover options, so keep an eye out...

DC Comics:

Action Comics 992 - This reads like a filler issue, but I could be wrong. It could be a cameo issue for a new villain for all I know OR just letting us know right at the end who will be popping up next issue. No lenticular here, but a couple of nice covers by Francis Manapul and the ever recognizable Jerry Ordway.

Manapul:

Ordway:

Demon Hell on Earth 1 - This could be another good pick-up... All of the old Kirby books are making a comeback, and The Demon is another classic. The art from Brad Walker looks great, and the premise looks dark! I'm assuming the orders weren't huge on this, either, so it could go either way... No variant options, so just the main to look at.

Detective Comics 969 - Another storyline starting up, Fall of the Batmen. Both covers look great, Eddy Barrows and Rafael Albuquerque, but the rooftop team shot really catches my eye. I was prepared to stop picking up this book after the last story line, not because the book is bad at all, just because I'm picking up SO MANY BOOKS. Now, I want to keep on reading. This one looks to interesting to miss. Successful bat-team versus a newly formed evil cabal. Cool!

Barrows:

Albuquerque:

Doomsday Clock 1 - Obviously, everyone is picking this one up... Or.... Well.... It just looks like it will be good. I'm just glad to see, after all of the talk about integrating the characters into the DCU, the other books released, prequels, etc, DC is finally just doing it. Time to see how it works and what happens after. There are multiple cover options, plus the 11:57pm (Tuesday) variant (black and white Superman). I think there's a one-per-store variant out there, too, but not sure what that is. Expect some little buttons and other things, too. All of these are listed as Gary Frank.

Cover A - Regular

Cover B - Regular

Cover C - Lenticular

Cover D - 11:57 PM Release

Marvel Comics

Amazing Spider Man Renew Your Vows 13 - Eight Years Later Part 1! So, Peter, MJ, and Annie are now a little older, wiser(?), and still fighting crime together with Annie now as a teenager. Sounds like fun... There's even a lenticular option for this if you're interested.

Ryan Stegman:

Randolph / Lenticular:

McKone / Headshot:

Walsh / Variant (Not sure on rarity):

Christopher / Trading Card Variant:

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 25 - I'm curious if this one ties to Marvel Two in One... The storyline is "Fantastic Three", it has the Human Torch and the Thing, talks about an alien cosmic menace, and even brings in the Silver Surfer. Makes you wonder! Will this be a sleeper? Regular, Lenticular, Headshot, Morphing, and trading card variants available.

Thanos 13 - Yes. That is it.... No, really, this one should be a a good one. Whether you care about the lenticular covers or not, pick this up for Donny Cates taking over regular writing duties on the book. There are regular, Lenticular, Headshot, and trading card options...

Shaw / Regular Cover:

Burrows / Lenticular Cover:

Red Giant Entertainment - Have you seen this? Neal Adams on The Villain? Looks like he co-created this with a couple of other folks and is drawing it.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Batman guys are having a blast with the Metal stuff, but It's a great time to be a Supes fan as well; the entire DCU is about to change in these titles. Giggidy
Post 2 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer Post Doomsday Clock, things are going to be REALLY different... I think the hard thing in recent Superman continuity has been the number of changes with the character himself. Not that they haven't changed Batman, but when you have a character harder to relate to anyway and he gets switched up so much, even to the point of dying, to be replaced by an older iteration of himself, things can be a bit head-scratchy. I think the ship is righted now, though!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
I think the ship is righted now, though!

Well we can hope it stays that way lol, but whatever doomsday clock is, the ending of Metal, and Action 1000 brings, we at least know things will be different
Post 4 IP   flag post
Anyone getting the 11:57pm variant of Doomsday Clock tonight? I was actually considering it, but my online retailer is pulling one for me, so I don't have to stay up late, unless I want to take part in my local shop's event. Could be fun... posters, buttons, etc... I don't know if there is a one-per-store incentive out there, though. Haven't heard anything? If there is, the local shop may have a raffle. Anyone heard about any one-per-stores or "other" variants?

Post 5 IP   flag post
@thelastbard I've heard nothing on this event, at all. Thank you for posting something though, I've reached out to a few LCS to see if there is anything going on tonight!

Was the sketch version on the previews order? I don't remember.. I should start taking pics of my previews before submitting it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@thelastbard I've heard nothing on this event, at all. Thank you for posting something though, I've reached out to a few LCS to see if there is anything going on tonight!

Was the sketch version on the previews order? I don't remember.. I should start taking pics of my previews before submitting it

No, the sketch cover is something stores had to order special for launch events, so you wouldn't have seen it on the normal previews order form.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer FYI, places like Midtown are allowing you to order it. I don't know if it was up previously, but it is now. Just look through the Doomsday Clock offerings.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/search.asp?q=dc_x_watchmen&utm_source=site&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=514&pl=514
Post 8 IP   flag post
Awesome thanks. I'm waiting for a response from my LCS, hoping they are doing an event; if so I'll bring my son and have a bit of fun with it
Post 9 IP   flag post
These are going to be *relatively rare. Three LCS not a single one is doing the midnight release and apparently thus cannot get their hands on any of these books.

Midtown it is
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
These are going to be *relatively rare. Three LCS not a single one is doing the midnight release and apparently thus cannot get their hands on any of these books.

Midtown it is

Yeah, "relatively" is the way to look at it. With Dark Nights Metal #1, there was a midnight release variant, too, but since there were so many boutique shop/site variants with smaller print runs, the midnight release was overshadowed a bit, plus there was a one-per-store version... despite being COOL!

Dark Nights Metal - Midnight Release <-- Not my copy, but I have one.

Dark Nights Metal - One per store <-- I didn't get one. I want to get a different version, blue virgin.

Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man did the same thing with their Deodato Cover for the midnight release - normal Deodato versus one-per-store "sketch" version...

Spectacular Spider-Man - Midnight Release <-- my copy.

Spectacular Spider-Man - One Per Store <-- my copy.

Post 11 IP   flag post
so for Doomsday we have 4 confirmed variants... blagh. If there is a one per store, I'd like to get at least that one.

My regular pull will still be for reading; I'll beat the hell out of that book.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
so for Doomsday we have 4 confirmed variants... blagh. If there is a one per store, I'd like to get at least that one.

Advance, spoiler-free reviews have been GREAT.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:

Oh! I found out what the one-per-store is... DC mailed copies of the Lenticular Cover signed by Geoff Johns. I don't know if it was based on how many they ordered (details provided by Diamond), one per store, or what... So, I'm sure some retailers will hold on to them and some will raffle during their events. Could be a nice score for those who go to the events and get one!

By the way, Diamond doesn't typically provide that "per store" ordering info...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
There is no one per store for Doomsday Clock.

DC mailed three signed copies by Geoff Johns to every store. That shouldn't be classified as a one per store variant as its the exact same book but signed.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@jimmylinguini 3 copies per store, gotcha. Right, not a variant, just something as a "thank you". That's still a cool thing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
@jimmylinguini 3 copies per store, gotcha. Right, not a variant, just something as a "thank you". That's still a cool thing.

Oh damn... My online retailer is offering the Geoff Johns signed copies for $50 a pop... So tempted, but holding off. I am getting two of the black and white covers, one lenticular, and one superman cover. Holding off on the "regular" cover (first panel a la Watchmen). I'm not a completest in that sense.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Midtown it is

Yeah, "relatively" is the way to look at it. With Dark Nights Metal #1, there was a midnight release variant, too, but since there were so many boutique shop/site variants with smaller print runs, the midnight release was overshadowed a bit, plus there was a one-per-store version... despite being COOL!

Dark Nights Metal - Midnight Release <-- Not my copy, but I have one.

Dark Nights Metal - One per store <-- I didn't get one. I want to get a different version, blue virgin.

@thelastbard. Thanks for posting, I did not know this was the midnight edition. They were giving them away in retailer bags during the first morning of NYCC.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Hcanes It was my favorite cover!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
Did anyone manage to get the midnight release (11:57 pm) of Doomsday Clock? I have one coming from g-mart, but my local shop wasn't able to get one for me, since they sold out at their event... I had a lllooooonnnnngggg day and an early morning the next day, so couldn't make the event. Oh well! They had buttons, posters, etc, though. Would have been cool...
Post 21 IP   flag post
Darn it... responded to the wrong thread... :P
Post 22 IP   flag post
600858 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?