Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Monday Modern Favorites!4856

Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
It's Monday and most of us don't particularly enjoy coming back to work. So I figured why not start another thread for fun!

Show us some of your Modern favorites (1985 to present!

This can also include some favorites you've read that aren't particularly valuable but still interesting to read.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm amused that a 32 year old comics fits the definition of a modern comic. If you'd told me a comic from 1940 was modern in 1972, I would have thought you were crazy.

As far as the topic goes...
I don't mention this short series a lot. I liked the story. The art wasn't my favorite, but it served the function. I'm not into fantasy, but this is the story of a private detective going into a fantasy based virtual reality world to find a missing kid. All the fantasy based elements in the virtual reality world are aspects of the technology involved. For that reason, the fantasy elements were more interesting to me.

I'm not working this week, so I empathize with those who have to do so.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@X51 I just went by the standard timeline for "modern" ha! But that sounds interesting... I'm into that sort of thing myself. I don't have a copy of my submit but here is a generic image:

I love Reminder's writing and Opena's art. I've got a copy of his 1st issues in my collect so I'm just kinda always looking out for his stuff.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
It's not worth much, but this has been one of my favorite issues since I was little

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s a few of my picks...

And this is the one that started it all, my very first comic (still holds a special place for me).

Post 5 IP   flag post
@Zombiebigfoot I wonder if those are on Hoopla... I've been trying to read more DC stuff since its available on there.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@thpike
I DEFINITELY recommend these! They’re both just fantastic reads. Check ‘em out if you can find them!
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I love this story

Post 8 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics What story is this? I don't generally read Batman stories but I have been lately due to Hoopla having a lot and I can read them on the iPad
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
@JLS_Comics What story is this? I don't generally read Batman stories but I have been lately due to Hoopla having a lot and I can read them on the iPad

That's Hush! It was a good one!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@thelastbard to quote DarthLego... "ON THE LIST!"

Edit: Found it on Hoopla! Next month!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user

Loved the new 52 nightwing
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
God I remember playing with TMNT figures when I was in 1-2nd grade. I loved the movies
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike

That's the Hush story line written by Loeb and drawn by Jim Lee.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector DarthKribs private msg quote post Address this user
Hush is a fantastic read!
Post 20 IP   flag post
I have to wait until December so I can get 10 more check outs on Hoopla...but I found it! So it's ready to be read asap!
Post 21 IP   flag post
597868 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?