Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Danger Girl movie and TV4854

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Catching Up: Weekend Spec
Posted on November 20, 2017 by Anthony
I have been slightly out of commission lately. Here is a wrap up of recent comic book movie and tv news that has some spec.

Danger Girl has been picked up by Constantin Films as a movie and as a TV show. Danger Girl is the 1998 J Scott Campbell 7 issue series (yes, he used to draw fun comics) may have first appeared in the 1997 Cliifhanger Sketchbook #0.

Screen Rant mentioned that:

J. Scott Campbell and Andy Hartnell, the comic series’ creators, have signed up as executive producers of the adaptations, along with Martin Moszkowicz of Constantin Film. Set to produce are Jeremy Bolt (Bolt Pictures) and Adrian Askarieh (Prime Universe Films), whose production companies will collaborate with Constantin Film on the movie and TV show. Deadline quotes Bolt as saying that “Danger Girl is the perfect opportunity to create a team of grounded, relatable, and dangerous young female characters, but with humor and spectacular action.”

Campbell and Hartnell launched Danger Girl in 1998 through Wildstorm. The series follows Abbey Chase and her fellow female secret agents as they do battle against the Hammer Syndicate, an expectedly evil group striving toward world domination. Chase and co. will primarily be in the hands of Constantin Film, the company behind the Resident Evil movies (as well as an unreleased Fantastic Four film from 1994).
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Now, does this mean the series may finally start getting some traction again in values? We'll see! Looking on eBay, issue 1 (first series) sold on eBay yesterday for $150.39 (Bids, not BIN), CGC 9.8. Someone sold a Signature Series 9.8 for something less than that two days prior. Time to dig mine out of the boxes and maybe see about grading.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
I found this in one of my boxes last night... Danger Girl Preview, signed by Campbell and Alex Garner at Metro Comics in 1997. I'd have to get this one verified to grade, but it might be worth it if things start climbing!

Post 3 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I guess the #2 Ruby red foil cover is the one to have. If you've got that, get that one graded!
Post 4 IP   flag post
600783 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?