Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Secret Santa sign up thread4830

Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcatron
How many participants did we have? I think 8 people shared what they received; anyone else want to post pics?

I would have if I knew how to do it. I did get:

ASM 700 (Variant Edition)
ASM 666 (Variant Edition)
TRUE BELIEVERS SMIDER-MAN 1 (The legend of the Arachknight)
FANTASTIC FOUR 570 (Variant Edition)

Very happy here!!

Will there be a Secret Valentine?
Post 151 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
Quote:
How many participants did we have? I think 8 people shared what they received; anyone else want to post pics?

TRUE BELIEVERS SMIDER-MAN 1 (The legend of the Arachknight)

Very happy here!!

Umm, no. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:
Quote:

TRUE BELIEVERS SPIDER-MAN 1 (The legend of the Arachknight)

Very happy here!!

Hahahaha!!
Post 153 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Quote:

You say that but there could be a very thin line between "secret" valentine and stalker.

Post 154 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
My Christmas gift from Poka arrived yesterday after a LONG journey here. It was mailed plenty early but just took a while getting here.

Polka knocked it out of the park with his assortment of comic book goodies. Especially love the raw graded Avengers 153. I am a huge fan of Kirby's covers on the Marvel books of this era.

Thanks Keld!!
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
My Christmas gift from Poka arrived yesterday after a LONG journey here. It was mailed plenty early but just took a while getting here.

Polka knocked it out of the park with his assortment of comic book goodies. Especially love the raw graded Avengers 153. I am a huge fan of Kirby's covers on the Marvel books of this era.

Thanks Keld!!

Tony - thanks. Glad to learn that they finally made it and you are happy for your gift. I am still not happy that my local PO kept the package for 10 days before they bothered to pass it on while I have more sympathy that USPS in Chicago went hibernating for 10 days due to the cold weather.

Btw - the Iron Man has a 1st appearance which might be movie relevant.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Thanks Keld!!

Tony - thanks.

So you know who chose you?
Post 157 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Keld!!

Tony - thanks.

I might not understand your question. Participants in the Secret Santa exchange did not choose who we gave gifts to nor whom we got gifts from. The person that organized the Secret Santa gift exchange (randomly I believe) did the assigning.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Keld!!

Tony - thanks.

I might not understand your question. Participants in the Secret Santa exchange did not choose who we gave gifts to nor whom we got gifts from. The person that organized the Secret Santa gift exchange (randomly I believe) did the assigning.

I was asking IronMan if he knew he was receiving and item from Poka?
Post 159 IP   flag post
@Gabriel85301 Yes I did. I learned that I was getting an item from Poka when he emailed me saying it was going to be late because of the post office holding it for a long time. I did NOT know who my Secret Santa was before that email from Poka. Normally, who your Secret Santa is ....is a secret until you get the present from them
Post 160 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Gabriel85301 Yes I did. I learned that I was getting an item from Poka when he emailed me saying it was going to be late because of the post office holding it for a long time. I did NOT know who my Secret Santa was before that email from Poka. Normally, who your Secret Santa is ....is a secret until you get the present from them

oh cool. I didn't tell my person, but I'm sure they know who I am.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Here is the gift I received from my Santa. It was received well before X-mas but only managed to get hold of it today. After a 1 min detective work I found that it has been shipped from Tony's Kingdom of Comics in Oregon! Hmm - there were two ppl who said that they sent their package from a Comic shop - incl one who has been particular curious in the last few posts

Anyway - it is a Harley Quinn sketch by a person called Sabina Kapoor? I love it and I need some help. Does someone recognize the name as I wish to track down the person so I can submit as Art to CBCS?

Merci dear Santa
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
@poka Iโ€™m not saying I know Santa but my sources say it was done by Sabina Kopacz and sold by Art Squad in 2016. ๐Ÿป Hard to pick a book for someone who has such a massive collection. Glad it made it.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nOnly
@poka Iโ€™m not saying I know Santa but my sources say it was done by Sabina Kopacz and sold by Art Squad in 2016. ๐Ÿป Hard to pick a book for someone who has such a massive collection. Glad it made it.

Great thank you so much. Santa did really really well! Love it and will go into my collection. Actually it is done so well that it took me a few minutes before I realized that it was an original art. Hope to see if I can get it recognized as Art with CBCS
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector Bujinwraith private msg quote post Address this user
So my posting this is WAY past due, but here is the awesome gift I got from my Secret Santa. Thank you again, whoever you are! I plan on taking that Wolverine in for a sketch!

Post 165 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujinwraith
So my posting this is WAY past due, but here is the awesome gift I got from my Secret Santa. Thank you again, whoever you are! I plan on taking that Wolverine in for a sketch!

brah!

dope!
Post 166 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujinwraith

That's a decent haul there.

1st Gold team, 1st Bishop and 1st Full Bishop, those three books are very common yet super rare in high grade newsstand (bar code). The bar code was actually hidden on the #281, on the back cover

Be sure to share pics if you get that Wolverine sketched!
Post 167 IP   flag post
Should we keep this tread alive to next x-mas ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Ž
Post 168 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Should we keep this tread alive to next x-mas ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Ž

Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nOnly

ok - this is getting interested. i reached out to sabina kopacz who informed me that the sketch is NOT hers. she also provided me with pictures of a couple of her HQ sketches.

it is still a very nice sketch and beats me why someone would put another personโ€™s name on the sketch at this level. still going to keep the sketch but for now will classify it as artist unknown

Post 170 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
@poka wow! That is interesting. Very peculiar however. I do like the HQ shetches she sent you though.

The mystery continues..

...Whoever sketched it would of gotten away with it too, if it wasnโ€™t for those meddling kids.

Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:
sabina kopacz

maybe sabina kopacz is on this forum and your secret santa herself.. lol
Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
sabina kopacz

maybe sabina kopacz is on this forum and your secret santa herself.. lol

Lol - somehow I doubt that
Post 173 IP   flag post
600812 173 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?