Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Secret Santa sign up thread4830

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Package sent, should be there Thursday.
Post 101 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram

Also @shrewbeer I am happy to hear your gift arrived and that you enjoyed the selection! I was a little nervous because I strayed from your list.

Merry Christmas to all! This was a wonderful idea!

You didn't stray too far, and it was a very nice selection. I especially enjoyed the camel toe TMNT book, that one always makes me laugh and I don't own one . I did the same, I didn't have much that matched the person's list exactly so I just kept it in line with associated things/characters.
Post 102 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
According to the tracking info my present has been delivered.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my Secret Santa comic books and they are wonderful!! Thank you very much.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my gift too. Thanks so much!
Post 105 IP   flag post

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
@IronMan just had to look back on the thread to find who I assume I should be thanking! Once again thank you!

In the spirit of the forum here is the awesome gift that I opened up today:

Merry Christmas Adam. Glad you liked the books
Tony
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Mickcatron private msg quote post Address this user
Packaged delivered per tracking, hope you enjoy it!
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
My gift will be delivered to its recipient either 24th or 26th (my PO decided to sit with the package for 2 weeks before deciding to ship šŸ˜”). Of the hundreds of packages I send of course this had to be the one.

Anyway guys - right now in an airport where I saw this in case you need inspiration for a last minute purchase for your other half (no idea how it smell though!)

Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcatron
Packaged delivered per tracking, hope you enjoy it!

ditto with me.
Post 109 IP   flag post
So....

who else is gonna show off what they got?
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Man Iā€™m mad I missed out on doing this
Post 111 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
If you signed up and did not receive anything, please pm me and I'll look into it. I hope you all enjoyed it!! Happy Holidays everyone!!
Post 112 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
So, Christmas was good. Most of the stuff I got was comic book related.

KaptainMyke (my secret Santa) sent me a signed (Kevin Eastman)Batman Dark Knight III #1. And a book I didn't know existed, Action Lab Dog of Wonder #1.

My "likes" were Batman or something to do with dogs.

KM nailed it perfectly. And they are 9.8's I'm sure.

Thanks brah.

Post 113 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak that Eastman Batman book is sweet šŸ‘
Post 114 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
@conditionfreak that Eastman Batman book is sweet šŸ‘

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT
Post 115 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Thank you, Santa!
Post 116 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
How'd ya know it was me brah?
Post 117 IP   flag post
Ho Ho Ho Brah!
Post 118 IP   flag post
One of my sons got me this DC thing called "World's Finest Collection".

You get a box of goodies every season. So you get four boxes per year.

They sent me two together though. Batman and Wonder Woman.

I looked it up to see what this is all about and found out they cost about $170 bucks per year. Their claim is that each box has a least $120 in goodies in it.

The Wonder Woman box is not something I like, to be honest about it. Never cared for Wonder Woman at all. Except for the T & A aspect of Linda Carter. But the Batman is kind of cool, as he is my favorite character.

Each box so far has an action figure, a t-shirt, and several other items pertaining to the character. The next two boxes are kept a secret until they ship during upcoming seasons.

The Wonder Woman box has Wonder Woman sweat wrist bands and a head sweat band. Now really, what am I going to do with those? The t-shirt in the Batman box says "Wayne Enterprises" and is pretty cool and the other is a Wonder Woman shirt, but both are labeled XL that are really a man's medium at best. So my wife will get the t-shirts.

If anyone is contemplating getting these things and is interested in what you actually get. I can take some pics and describe it. But unless you are a REAL die hard fan, they are not worth getting in my opinion. Wrist bands and plastic bat symbols just don't do anything for me.

I also got a Transformers Primus Book that comes in a plastic Transformers symbol that you hang on a wall like a cabinet. When you open it, it makes three different Transformers sounds and the book is inside. Sort of like a cheap plastic safe. The book is the origin of Transformers story, about the first eleven Transformers, blah, blah, blah. If you HAVE to have everything Transformers, then you might like this. But a waste of money in my book. And I like Transformers pretty much. I have two original Optimus Primes in the original boxes.

I did get a sweet sweatshirt that has a red, white and blue skull in the style of the Punisher on it. But I bought that for myself and gave it to my wife to wrap.

I also got several comics that I picked out. I will show them in the "new to your collection" thread when I get time.
Post 119 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak Personally, I have never liked that blind boxes stuff. The figures, etc. inside are seldom to my liking and the shirts are always too small for me. I would rather use my money to buy something that I *KNOW* that I will like.

With that said... At least your son made an attempt to get you something that he thought you'd like (and do like, at least in part). That's cool.
Post 120 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody could have brah'd a brah on the box, brah. Do you even know how many boxes I get sent to me with the word brah on the side brah? A brah load, that's how many, brah
Post 121 IP   flag post
Collector Bujinwraith private msg quote post Address this user
So, totally been meaning to send a thank you to my secret Santa, but got lost in the holiday craziness and work. That being said, thank you to my Secret Santa, who hooked. Me. Up!

He sent me a badass Wolverine 001 with the blank cover (my first), a Deadpool series, and 3 X-Men, including a first appearance of Bishop. I'll post pictures asap. Thank you, whoever you are!!
Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Anybody could have brah'd a brah on the box, brah. Do you even know how many boxes I get sent to me with the word brah on the side brah? A brah load, that's how many, brah

Are you saying (without actually saying) that you did not send me a Christmas present?

And for the record, I still hate that word. Brah.
Post 123 IP   flag post
I may or may not have sent the package. I just wanted to point out that anybody could have written the word on the package to make you think it so. Brah.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Well, I like to THINK you sent me a present. And that is all that matters. If I think it, it is so.
Post 125 IP   flag post
It is supposed to be a secret.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I am a detective by nature and by trade. Sorry. And again, Thanks. Wonderful gifts you "didn't" send.

Did you get the milk and cookies I left on the table by the tree? Chocolate chips and almond milk.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector kclaw97 private msg quote post Address this user
A little late but many thanks to my Secret Santa...absolutely nailed it!!
Post 128 IP   flag post
Of course it was me! ho ho ho brah
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
It could have been me! Just sayin.
Post 130 IP   flag post
601325 173 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?