Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsComics Bronze AgeQuestions

Worth it? National Diamond,Mark Jewelers ed.4825

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone collect these issues?

What is it that makes them so special?

Are they just a niche or does the general market value these as "variants/editions"?

Thoughts?

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I collect Amazing Spider-man comics with Mark Jewelers inserts. They aren't really worth more, it just depends on who collects them and what they are worth to collectors. These comics are typically found around military bases for the soldiers to come home with a shiny ring for their SO
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector pjray55 private msg quote post Address this user
Like KM mentioned they were generally made available to military bases.

I do find that they will generate a small premium in sales but it is a niche market. But look what has happened with the newsstand variants of late so it's not to say that this niche cant have similar growth.

In addition to lower print runs with these inserts what else makes them special is condition of the book. Because they were most widely available on military bases condition of the books tends to be poorer and high grades do command a premium.

Although CGC identifies the variant on the slab label they don't differentiate the books in the pop reports which is unfortunate.

I come across National Diamond inserts less frequently than Mark Jewelers. There are also Pizzazz inserts in some bronze books but I am less familiar with those.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Odins_Raven some ppl collect the MJ versions so you may be able to get a small premium
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
They seem to be more common from the late 70’s and often sell for no premium. Try finding a Spidy 300 and you have a more collectible book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get the desire for jewelers inserts...but I don't get the newstand bar code thing either...to each their own.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It's the same comic, but you get more for the money. I think they're neat. I wouldn't go out of my way to find one.
Post 7 IP   flag post
598062 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?