Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop CultureQuestions

Gal Gadot Salary4811

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Did you all know that she only got paid $300k for Wonder Woman? I was suprised to hear that.

The movie grossed $800+ million worldwide.

article

She must have gotten paid way less than that for her appearance in Batman Vs Superman. After taxes $300k isn't much.

I can see why she's charging $250 for autographs now, she needs the money, lol!

I'm not trying to start a women vs men thing. It's just sad how greedy movie studios are. New actors get screwed. I hope she hired a good agent to negotiate WW 2.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
That seems extremely low. But if it is correct, she will come out of this smelling like a rose financially.

Big things are coming her way because of this role.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
By the way. I think it is hilarious that Wonder Woman is being played by someone name gal.

You can't make this stuff up.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
What if the movie had been a flop...?

This is how it works in the entertainment industry. Now she'll be able to negotiate $10 million for Wonder Woman 2....and there will be a WW2...plus the other appearances.

$300,000 is a hell of a lot for a previously unknown actress to make.

And, checking out the article, it seems she understands that, too. Good for her.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Gadot got paid the same amount for Wonder Woman that Chris Evans got paid for the first Captain America film. Cavill's 14 million figure isn't accurate - for just the first film. It no doubt includes bonuses and more than one film.

Hollywood contracts are complicated and secretive. Gadot probably stands to get some bonus checks soon for how well WW did. But she's also in a great place as far as negotiations for the next WW movie.

Here is a Vanity Fair article that sheds more light on the issue

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-salary
Post 5 IP   flag post
You know, when I see the "so and so is greedy", it's almost universally because those people don't understand how business works.

In film, for example, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people working on individual films. All of those people have to get paid. All of those people are hoping for a hit, so they can continue working in an industry they enjoy, doing a craft they like.

The studios take a huge amount of risk. Yes, there are payoffs, in the form of blockbusters that make a profit. There are also a colossal amount of flops. There are entire studios that have gone out of business because of flops. And yet, on all of those films, the people making it still had to be paid.

There are years when one film's profits...say, Avatar...pays for the losses from 10 other films that didn't earn back their production and distribution costs.

I want studios to be "greedy." That ensures that films that I enjoy keep getting made. You take the risk...you deserve the payoff, if it comes.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
Last year RICC she was getting 150.....Inflation!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
DB is right; she really hadn't done much of significance before WW. She also *really* wanted the role and didn't negotiate for higher pay. She will be making bank from here on out. I love her as WW. 🙂
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I saw an article a while back where she mentioned her salary and said she said that she and her team made the decision to think long term and not try to squeeze every penny out of the original deal because they knew that the movie would set her up to be in the remainder of the franchise movies as well as establish her and generate other opportunities for her.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@DocBrown

Yes, but what Oliver Stone and Michael Douglas don't understand is how wealth is created. In Wall Street, Gekko says "It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another."

This is completely, totally, undeniably false. Wealth (not just "money" ) is created out of thin air. How? When you take raw materials and combine that with your talent, effort, time, and skill, you create something that is worth more than the sum of all its parts.

Simple example:

I take lemons, sugar, water, ice, and my effort, and make lemonade. I sell that lemonade for 25 cents a cup. The cost of the constituent parts of that product is 13 cents a cup. Once my initial outlay (cost of the raw materials) is paid back, everything else is profit. I have created something that has value to others, above and beyond what it cost to produce.

That's how wealth is created. Billions of transactions like that, every day, are how it works, and why we don't live in caves.

If anyone wants a primer on how economics does NOT work, watch "Wall Street", and everything that is said, usually the opposite is what is true.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector neyko private msg quote post Address this user
For 2008's Iron Man Downey Jr reportedly 'only' pocketed around $500,000 - a salary that would likely have seemed fairly generous at the time, considering he'd largely been jettisoned by Hollywood casting agents at that point. $10 million for Iron Man 2.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown You are comparing apples to oranges, or in this case lemons. Hello continues the speech you referenced by talking about how wealth is generated (mostly from inheritance and the trading of securities / contracts). According to Gekko only a third of wealth is generated by hard work (such as making lemonade).
Post 13 IP   flag post
Well now Gal says she won't sign for WW 2 until they get rid of Ratner as a producer.

With Justice League being a flop they might just cancel or recast...

article
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
@DocBrown You are comparing apples to oranges, or in this case lemons. Hello continues the speech you referenced by talking about how wealth is generated (mostly from inheritance and the trading of securities / contracts). According to Gekko only a third of wealth is generated by hard work (such as making lemonade).

It's a movie.

It's not reality.

Even if movies speak some truth, it is still fiction. And, in the case of Wall Street, it's almost entirely fiction.

Wealth is not generated from "inheritance." Inheritance is just wealth that was already created. Someone, somewhere, created it by combining raw materials plus time, effort, talent, and skill. It's laughable for Oliver Stone to imagine that 2/3 of the wealth of any nation is from "inheritance." That's just patently absurd.

Here's an old article:

https://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2008/01/14/the-decline-of-inherited-money/

The gist is this:

1. According to a study of Federal Reserve data conducted by NYU professor Edward Wolff, for the nation’s richest 1%, inherited wealth accounted for only 9% of their net worth in 2001, down from 23% in 1989. (The 2001 number was the latest available.)

2. According to a study by Prince & Associates, less than 10% of today’s multi-millionaires cited “inheritance” as their source of wealth.

3. A study by Spectrem Group found that among today’s millionaires, inherited wealth accounted for just 2% of their total sources of wealth.

Like I said...67% of the wealth in the US is inherited...? Patent rubbish. Oliver Stone makes interesting fiction; he's not a documentarian by any means.

And what do you think underpins securities...? Production, commerce, wealth creation.

I don't know what "hello continues the speech" means...can you please clarify?
Post 15 IP   flag post
If the idea of other people having money makes you (the generic "you" ) angry, on any level, that they didn't steal or commit fraud to obtain, the problem isn't them...

...the problem is you.

If you say "it's not fair that so and so has so much money, and I don't. What did they do to deserve that?", instead of saying "what can I do to make that kind of money?"...

...the problem is you.

Despite the claims of ill-informed politicians, the United States does not have classes. People have more freedom to move between wealth "levels" than anywhere else in the world. You can be dirt poor, and become a success...Thomas Edison, Bill Clinton, Barak Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Do Won Chang, Ralph Lauren, Lakshmi Mittal, Leonardo Del Vecchio, Larry Ellison, John D. Rockefeller (yes, THAT one), and many, many more, all started with nothing, and frequently had bad family lives to boot.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Well now Gal says she won't sign for WW 2 until they get rid of Ratner as a producer.

With Justice League being a flop they might just cancel or recast...

article

There is literally no way that Ratner will have anything to do with another WW movie, that would kill ticket sales.

WW/feminism and sexual harassment are polar opposites.

In the current social climate; the post Weinstien scum baggery , watch me jerk off into a potted plant situation...all movie studios are clearly distancing themselves from those who have had multiple sexual harassment chsrges levied against them.

Movie studios are not doing this for ethical reasons, don't get me wrong.

From that article:

"
This past week, Warner Bros. announced it was severing ties with Ratner amid multiple sexual-harassment allegations levelled against him by actresses including... "
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
If the idea of other people having money makes you (the generic "you" ) angry, on any level, that they didn't steal or commit fraud to obtain, the problem isn't them...

...the problem is you.

If you say "it's not fair that so and so has so much money, and I don't. What did they do to deserve that?", instead of saying "what can I do to make that kind of money?"...

...the problem is you.

Despite the claims of ill-informed politicians, the United States does not have classes. People have more freedom to move between wealth "levels" than anywhere else in the world. You can be dirt poor, and become a success...Thomas Edison, Bill Clinton, Barak Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Do Won Chang, Ralph Lauren, Lakshmi Mittal, Leonardo Del Vecchio, Larry Ellison, John D. Rockefeller (yes, THAT one), and many, many more, all started with nothing, and frequently had bad family lives to boot.

Yeah, the 'ole bootstraps arguement...sorry, but I could not resist.

What Happened to the Bootstraps?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/92091

Aaaand, just for a bit of well, whatever the eff this is...

: bows out of thread now :
Post 18 IP   flag post
@DocBrown @CopperAgeKids STOP PLEASE. I'm tired of your off topic B.S. that gets topics locked. THE TOPIC IS GAL GADOT's salary and future Wonder Woman movie. If you have nothing to add, don't post here. Make a thread about your stuff.
Post 19 IP   flag post
KN,

Slow your roll, hoss.

Your question about Ratner answered itself, if you did any research😉

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/biz/news/warner-bros-severs-ties-brett-ratner-1202604934/amp/

Far as myself and DB....it is all in good fun.

There is mutual respect between DB and myself.

Neither one of us is slinging mud or personal insults at one another.

Note that I did add a "bows out of thread now" , at the end of my post...just sayin.

Ease up, brother. 😊
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@DocBrown @CopperAgeKids STOP PLEASE. I'm tired of your off topic B.S. that gets topics locked. THE TOPIC IS GAL GADOT's salary and future Wonder Woman movie. If you have nothing to add, don't post here. Make a thread about your stuff.

Topics get locked because a group of people decided they were going to try to force threads they didn't like to get locked, by posting endless "IBTL" and the memes that go with it, as well as reporting posts, and the moderators obliged. As a result, the moderators are much more likely to lock threads now than they were a year ago...because, after all, that's what the vocal minority indicated that they wanted.

You took part in those efforts. I don't think you are in a position to complain about threads getting locked, when you were involved in creating the environment that led to threads getting locked so quickly and easily. "Off topic B.S." isn't what gets threads locked: veiled and open hostility is, "calling people out."

Conversations happen organically. One topic leads to another which leads to another. Your thread has been up for over a day, and got all the conversation on that topic that you're likely to get. Trying to control the direction of a conversation is for moderation to decide, not members, and it's more than a little condescending to try to dictate to others what they can and cannot discuss.

I'm tired of the low-key complaining about CBCS that you've been doing for the last 3-4 months, ever since the "case cracking" situation came up, but I don't sit and make an issue of it when you do it. I live and let live, and let the moderators deal with it.

Why can't you show others the same courtesy, rather than feeling the need to "call people out"...?
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Food for thought.
At $15 an hour working full time (2,000 hours a year), it would take you 10 years to make $300,000.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
Food for thought.
At $15 an hour working full time (2,000 hours a year), it would take you 10 years to make $300,000.

Unless you buy a house, invest in your 401K, or make any other investment which allows you to make more than just your salary.
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Food for thought.

Unless you buy a house, invest in your 401K, or make any other investment which allows you to make more than just your salary.

Who does that???😨
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Food for thought.

Who does that???😨

Generally not people who make $15 an hour?
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Speculate and sell comics - regardless of salary
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Food for thought.

All of which is very much unlikely, when you are making $15/hour.

As is speculating and buying comics, to flip, or sit on.

I make more than $15/hour, but not all that much more.

Nearly all of my savings is tied up in raw books....that have to be pressed, slabbed before I attempt to sell them, otherwise I will get a fraction of FMV.

I rent, don't own a home.

If I had a mortgage, I would have to be much more proactive with actually subbing raws and selling them.
Post 27 IP   flag post
While it may be more difficult to save for a rainy day on $15 per hour anyone is free to invest their money in productive investments (including comic books, stocks, or even a home). We reap what we sow.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Topics aren't always linear in any subject forum across the web. It's more interesting to have various views and sometimes a new interesting topic or two can evolve out of the original post. The problem comes when namecalling, anger, trolling, accusations etc start to creep into the conversation.

As far as the topic on hand, I'm of the view that being paid over a quarter of a million dollars is pretty good chump change to run around playing 'cops N robbers' for a few months. Plus now Gadot is well set up for even larger paydays in the near future.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Gal Gadot could have made zero dollars on the first Wonder Woman movie and still would have been compensated well.

The movie turned her into a star, Any contract she signs from here on out is for millions.

I’m still a bit upset I missed her at last year’s Rhode Island con, the opportunity to meet her will likely never present itself again 😢😭😭
Post 30 IP   flag post
598062 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?