Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

VSP gallery...Show em off!4805

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
In hopes that eventually the gallery will return and that there will be a section to highlight VSP books, please share your VSP books with stories if you have them!

To get things started is a Journey Into Mystery 83. I purchased this book with a VSP already certified for the Lee and Kirby sigs on the first page. The previous owner must have also wanted a Lee signature on the cover for visual "appeal". Not my taste personally but I was after the Kirby signature anyway.

I immediately set out to add two signatures from the remaining artists who had a significant impact and worked on the issue; Joe Sinnott and Larry Lieber. Through ten months and several hands it is finally on its way back home. Thanks be to all the folks who helped me along the way.

LETS SEE EM! CHEERS MATES!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user

I don't have a real amazing story to go along with these, and not all are VSP yet, but I've been slowly trying to complete a run of Dave Cockrum signed X-men comics. I was able to meet Chris Claremont and he signed my 101 on the first page next to Dave's signature. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this someday.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few Stan Lee but my pictures are on my phone.Sorry

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user

Do you only cool story I have is how I got Neil Adams signature on Batman rebirth number one. I was waiting in line at Baltimore, con to get his signature and someone pulled the fire alarm causing the floor to be evacuated. Most visitors to the con went out the main entrance while me and a friend went out the back because it was the closest door to us and it just happened to be the same door that Neil Adams and his wife used. He recognized me from his line and asked if I wanted to signature I said yes he signed my book for free! Which is awesome because his signature runs between 30 and $50!

I have a lot of books I want to send for CBCS VSP!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I have been collecting signed comics for 25 yrs and love it.I have over 200 plus signed comics and only started collecting graded and signed graded comics just before CBCS started its company,now i have over 200 graded and some signed graded comics thanks to cbcs.The red labels i own were getting verification just as cbcs said hi to the world.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Two legends not with us. Steve Dillion and Michael Turner. $300 or best offer, free ship (usa) if someone wants to buy.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Some of the best work that is not drawing any more is Platt.I have one of the best covers i have from the other side of the planet.(i think Japan but could be wrong)

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Mine won't be here til around Christmas but these are my candidates:

Post 10 IP   flag post
I won this on ebay for a grand total of $4. Have yet to see another Bill Mantlo signed VSP comic. Also signed by Shooter, Rubenstein and Golden.

Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Best of all - "Stan Lee" is not scrawled across the cover in thick, ugly, dark black sharpie - Good God what a hideous mess for someone who didn't even write the book
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111

Wow! You win the VSP challenge. I don't think anyone could top that. Did you get a picture of the signature before they slabbed it?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@Nuffsaid111

Wow! You win the VSP challenge. I don't think anyone could top that. Did you get a picture of the signature before they slabbed it?

Nope - I know I thought about it, but ultimately I think I forgot to.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Here is Sam De La Rosa.Draws great art with Spider & Venom but no more comics but does commission.Now the work Greg draws is a master piece.Great Spawn

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Finally dug one out. CC Beck
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Finally dug one out. CC Beck

Nice!! Aint no one getting CC Beck these days. That's for sure
Post 17 IP   flag post
Apologies for the blurry scan; label says "Signed by L.B. Cole on first page".

Post 18 IP   flag post
VSP Gene Colon and Don Heck. ASP Lee, Sinnott and Lieber

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
This one's NOT for the easily offended. You've been warned.

The "Night of the Living Dead" holiday special signed by George Romero.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odins_Raven
VSP Gene Colon and Don Heck. ASP Lee, Sinnott and Lieber

4 of the greats of all time for Marvel - impressive
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
I think these are my only VSP slabs...

Post 22 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 23 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 24 IP   flag post

this was the first comic book signed i ever owned. i met dick ayers when i was 17 and he signed the cover for me. he's dead now. sadface.
Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post
600839 103 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?