Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

CLZ Black Friday Sale4803

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
CLZ is a great app for keeping track of your collection and the one I already use.

For anyone looking to buy and may be interested, they are discounting some of their products starting Tuesday, November 21 through Monday, November 27th

- Their Pro Software will be discounted from $50 to $30

- Mobile apps will be discounted from $15 to $10

- Connect (their web-based solution) will give you an extra six months free with a 12-month subscription

These aren’t just for their Comic Collector Software but also Movie, Music, Books, etc

If anyone has questions about the desktop app, I’ve been using it for a while and can probably answer your questions
Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using it for years too, LOVE IT!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Wait, what, you don't have your complete collection memorized? Oh... wait... I've bought doubles and triples of things over the years by mistake except for things I know are in runs anyway. :P
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
How can I import my ComicBase database into CLZ? I am interested in purchasing at that price but would need to import my data into it because I don't plan on inputing it manually ever again!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Does CLZ support graded books yet? I know previously, the only way you could really notate grade was in the notes which was not something that was filterable or anything. I want to use something like CLZ but i want to be able to have my entire collection in there along with what is graded and at what grade/page quality etc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim I haven't used Comic Base before but let me give the free version a shot and I'll see if there's a way to transfer data from one to the other and let you know.

@RyanHicks CLZ does have a built-in "Condition" field but I've just set up a series of custom fields to handle my graded books. This does allow the application to store the data and also to filter it in different ways.

In this example, I have all my graded books simply sorted by grade:

Here they're sorted by Grader then by label then by series:

Basically, CLZ is pretty flexible, especially with custom fields, so you can easily keep track of things like page quality and then filter and sort with it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector FUEGOMUSIC private msg quote post Address this user
In CLZ, there is a “collection status” area with 5 choices IN COLLECTION, FOR SALE, ON WISH LIST, ON ORDER and NOT IN COLLECTION.
What I do is put all my graded books in the FOR SALE status. All my ungraded books in IN COLLECTION status. When I send stuff to CBCS I put it in ON ORDER status with the grade I think I might get and check it with the actual grade. I think this the the best bang for your buck. Plus if you get the full package, it’s mobile with the phone app and a web based site and they all upload between each other.

FYI
You can import via csv or text file but only with limited field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Does CLZ support graded books yet? I know previously, the only way you could really notate grade was in the notes which was not something that was filterable or anything. I want to use something like CLZ but i want to be able to have my entire collection in there along with what is graded and at what grade/page quality etc.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Sale is live!

You do need to sign in with a CLZ account to view them. If you’ve registered for a free trial in the past just sign in with that account or register for a new account here
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
I love the app... I don't use a computer but if I'm out in a store and want to check real quick if I already have an issue...bam! Right there. Great app!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
oops
Post 10 IP   flag post
@OGJackster you may want to remove the link you posted as it automatically logs people into your account. That's why I didn't link directly to the Black Friday deals
Post 11 IP   flag post
597905 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?