Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

FS Spider-Man #1 Platinum 9.8 CGC SS & More!4802

Collector adgbiking private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys!

I have a handful of AWESOME books available. I posted the books on eBay but I wanted to let everyone on the boards aware of them. Most of them are CGC SS books but I also have a raw book available. Here are the books I currently have posted for sale on eBay:

Spider-Man #1 Platinum Edition CGC SS 9.8 Todd McFarlane Signature! - $1999.99 OBO Link to eBay

Batman The Killing Joke (First Print) CGC SS 9.6 Kevin Conroy Signature! - $299.99 OBO Link to eBay

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 CGC SS 2.5 Kevin Eastman Signature! Third Print - $99.99 OBO Link to eBay

Batman #189 (1967) Fine to Very Fine *1st Silver Age Scarecow!* - $174.99 OBO Link to eBay

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Aaron
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Not to be intentionally confrontational, but...that Batman# 189 is no where close to a VF grade
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot
Not to be intentionally confrontational, but...that Batman# 189 is no where close to a VF grade

Which is why I provided pictures asking people grade it themselves and stated I wasn't a professional grader lol. Grading is subjective....
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Just to note,grading is subjective to a certain point. Not at all ends of the spectrum
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm always amused at people who say in their listing "I am not a professional grader". I understand it's an "out" if someone has a problem with their purchase, but considering eBay sides with the buyer 99% of the time now, what's the point?

Personally, I never use that caveat. I stand behind my grading and offer free returns if they don't agree.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector shiftins6 private msg quote post Address this user
I just say i'm a professional grader. They don't know.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Rather than state a grade, I state the defects and the positives. It's complete transparency and it keeps everyone out of that subjectivity area. Go with the "objective"
Ex: 5 spine tics; 2 of the 5 break color. 1/4 inch corner crease bottom left.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone selling Comic Books won't be responsible for grading them? You most likely should not be selling Comic Books!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@adgbiking Great set of books. Good luck on your sales.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
@adgbiking Great set of books. Good luck on your sales.

Thank you!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Prices reduced.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Bump
Post 12 IP   flag post
597963 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?