Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
@SpiderTim There's no way CGC has a 3 week turnaround... That must have been fast track. I have some friends who exclusively use CGC, and the only way they get that service is fast track. [snip]

Could you explain what tier you sent books to CGC under, they do not have a tier called "regular service", Did you submit under value, modern, standard, economy, etc. That would help clarify turn around times. Also did you send books for pressing before grading.

I also think three weeks is not realistic.

I like both companies (for different reasons). I submitted some comics to CGC at HeroesCon, June 15th. This was the "value" tier, with pressing added. (Some others without pressing were delivered to me on August 11th, so under two months.) These books were invoiced on June 28th (whatever that means), went to grading (from in-house pressing) on Sept 7th, and they look to be (finally) in the final stage of grading now. Hopefully just another week or two.

So, during the busy convention season, it was just under three months for invoicing and pressing, and looks to be two-and-a-half months for grading.

As an aside, I think both companies should really focus on reducing these times. I think they would grow their market by doing so. Because many people will wait to get comics back before sending more. (Even if only to some degree ... some might be comfortable with 2-3 orders outstanding, but no more, while others with 5-6, etc. Regardless, at all levels I think people will send in the next order faster with the faster returns.) Faster grading and encapsulation is probably the simplest path to increasing overall demand for this service.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector kelledon private msg quote post Address this user
If CGC or this company said that I'll get my books back in 4 weeks i;d probably send 40 to 50 books. but sending 40 to 50 books at either company would take around 3 years lol
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelledon
If CGC or this company said that I'll get my books back in 4 weeks i;d probably send 40 to 50 books. but sending 40 to 50 books at either company would take around 3 years lol

"I'll get my books back" Isn't a specified service either grading company offers.

Could you please explain what tier your books would be submitted under. That will go a long ways towards answering your question about turn around times. Also mention if your submitting books for pressing before grading.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
@SpiderTim There's no way CGC has a 3 week turnaround... That must have been fast track. I have some friends who exclusively use CGC, and the only way they get that service is fast track. [snip]

Could you explain what tier you sent books to CGC under, they do not have a tier called "regular service", Did you submit under value, modern, standard, economy, etc. That would help clarify turn around times. Also did you send books for pressing before grading.

I also think three weeks is not realistic.

I like both companies (for different reasons). I submitted some comics to CGC at HeroesCon, June 15th. This was the "value" tier, with pressing added. (Some others without pressing were delivered to me on August 11th, so under two months.) These books were invoiced on June 28th (whatever that means), went to grading (from in-house pressing) on Sept 7th, and they look to be (finally) in the final stage of grading now. Hopefully just another week or two.

So, during the busy convention season, it was just under three months for invoicing and pressing, and looks to be two-and-a-half months for grading.

As an aside, I think both companies should really focus on reducing these times. I think they would grow their market by doing so. Because many people will wait to get comics back before sending more. (Even if only to some degree ... some might be comfortable with 2-3 orders outstanding, but no more, while others with 5-6, etc. Regardless, at all levels I think people will send in the next order faster with the faster returns.) Faster grading and encapsulation is probably the simplest path to increasing overall demand for this service.

I was told by a friend who recently submitted a batch to both companies that that is what they took at CGC I really didn't ask which tier or if fast passed since I am exclusively using CBCS because I rather wait and get a proper grading on my books.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector kelledon private msg quote post Address this user
Does cbcs have a contact phone number to call them?
Post 30 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
giyf
Post 31 IP   flag post
601380 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?