Anyone Else do Original Art Sketchbooks?4780

Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
I get some done every convention, Here are some examples

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I used to do a sketchbook before I switched to sketch covers

Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I try to get one or two a year - lately I haven't been able to get to conventions (scheduling conflicts) -hope to hit a few next year in the Toronto area

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
I usually just do sketch covers but have really thought about doing something like this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics You have some really nice pieces there. Like the Jeff Smith one especially.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@KatKomics You have some really nice pieces there. Like the Jeff Smith one especially.

Also have a Smith sketch inside the kids book about a mouse learning to get dressed inscribed to my son. I only ever get to Toronto area cons so when people come by it is likely a once or twice chance I have to get a sketch from them so I really try and save my $$.
The Trimpe one I was literally sleeping in front of the doors #1 in line (he had missed day 1 of a 2 day con) the organizers saw me and asked who I was waiting for - told them and they let me in early to get ahead of the vendors lining up for his sketches before normal folks were allowed in.
For Romita it was funny - he was doing head sketches only $50 at Hero fund? cant remember. I recognized him looking kind of lost and brought him to the booth he was supposed to be at (only reason I was there that day!)
Tim Sale was crazy - only does 10 sketches per day - again lined up really early and ran to his booth to get my ticket.
Some day I'll scan all my sketches in if only to swap out profile picture.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
For 25 years I did sketchbooks. So much nicer than blank covers imo. But then along came the grading companies with yellow labels and we see how much they go for ... because now we have not only the artwork but that magical number "9.8" that everyone is lunacy over.

So when I want to sell art - I do sketch covers with potential 9.8. They go for double/triple a standard sketch within a sketchbook. It makes no sense to me, but I'm not here to figure out the industry. Afterall it's "buy what you like" and everyone seems to like sketch covers with yellow labels at 9.8. When I want to keep, I go sketchbook or large 11x17
Post 7 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Some good stories. I had Jeff Smith do a nice sketch inside od a hard cover Shazam book he did. Myson also had him sign all of his trades too. He was pretty cool and down to earth.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 I like 11 x 17 too. Original art size and get nice frames for them. Looks great on the walls.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Love looking at stuff like this. Thanks for posting these everyone.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
One of the better Hulk sketches I’ve done.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Khumbu private msg quote post Address this user
nice Hulk, wish I could draw

These are 2 of my favorites

Post 12 IP   flag post
Never really got into the whole sketch cover thing - only have 2 - 1 I bought the other I had done.

Might get another Ramon Fradon Aqualad this year (co creator of Aqualad bye the way!)
Not sure if I were to send my book if she would sketch in it - happy to get these in the mail though
These were done 2-3 years ago when she was only 88-89!!

Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics it is unreal what she does in her 90s. Unreal. Her and Joe sinnott too. I see them both all the time in the northeast
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I have a sketchbook and finally got my first sketch in it today. Klaus Janson.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few Sketchbooks I bring to the cons..and even go crazy and MAIL away to the artist..here is one of my faves...the Later Trimpe...

Post 16 IP   flag post
600626 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?