Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Rhode Island Comic Con 20174744

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@JustABitEvil who signed it?
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted a ton of books for grading today. Got 3 sketch covers from Justin Roiland as well as pictures with him, Lou Ferrigno, and Michael Colter. Also got lots of great signatures.

Next weekend is the Zapp! Half price sale and Edison Expo. The fun never stops.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio William Shatner.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
@Drogio William Shatner.

Post 29 IP   flag post
So I was on a tight budget for RICC, I wasn't even planning on going until about 3 weeks ago when I saw Sam Keith was going to be there. The Maxx is kind of what made me want to keep reading comics in the mid 90s and the chance to add Shatner to my autograph collection just made it a 'gotta go' event for me. Shatner and CBCS got most of my $ but I came home with some goodies:

Post 30 IP   flag post

@JustABitEvil I got Sam Keith on five books, all Eleanor and the Egret. I had variants for 1 & 4 where someone else did the covers. I also had his regular covers for 1, 2, and 3.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
Place was an absolute mess... They truly need to limit ticket sales. That was a baaaad fire hazard. We got Ed McGuiness to sign Hulk 1 though! Looks great
Post 32 IP   flag post

Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics
Place was an absolute mess... They truly need to limit ticket sales. That was a baaaad fire hazard. We got Ed McGuiness to sign Hulk 1 though! Looks great

Yeah this was my first time at RICC and probably my last, I found the folks at the CBCS table more helpful than the actual con staff. That Hulk looks great!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@JustABitEvil I got Sam Keith on five books, all Eleanor and the Egret. I had variants for 1 & 4 where someone else did the covers. I also had his regular covers for 1, 2, and 3.

My #1 was a reprint so I kept it at home, someday I'll snag a glow in the dark #1 and get it tagged. #2 has the "You killed my hostage!" bit which as a teenager cracked me up to no end, plus it's probably my favorite cover of the series.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHaulics

Yeah this was my first time at RICC and probably my last, I found the folks at the CBCS table more helpful than the actual con staff. That Hulk looks great!

It was much better the first few years it was around but the past two years have been not so enjoyable. If we go next year we have decided to only go on Sunday as there should be less people there. Who knows!
Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHaulics - I agree, it was more enjoyable and affordable in years past. I decided that although Neal Adams will always be one of my favorite artists, his autograph is not worth $50 a shot. I would much rather pay 94-year old Joe Sinnott $5 for his. Many artists are still very reasonable, or even free for one or two signatures. I met Big Jim Shooter who told me he doesn’t charge for autographs because he gets paid by the event to show up. He was more than happy to chat for several minutes and sign my Adventure Comics for me.

Post 37 IP   flag post
I had Neal sign three books but they were all high grade silver age books.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Got my confirmation email from CBCS, 24 weeks for my Star Trek #33.
Post 39 IP   flag post
598100 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?