Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Rhode Island Comic Con 20174744

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Starting to think about what comics to bring to RI Comic Con next weekend for signatures and what to look for to purchase. I will be there next Sunday, November 12th. I know a few CBCS forum members will be there too. Let me know if anyone wants to do a meet and greet to say hello.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I just booked my hotel (about 15 miles out) but am still trying to figure out the parking (no parking panda in Providence). If anyone wants to meet up I would be interested.

If you are looking to make any more trades I can bring books to the show.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Corey -
I park in Providence Place Mall and walk through and over. All day parking is around $15 - $20 (2-5 hours is only $2!) in the Mall’s parking garage. Just remember if you parked in the North or South garage.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Yes...providence place. Walk through. I second @esaravo comment. Thankfully this is before Black Friday and you should be able to park there without too much trouble. It's a big garage.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Justin Roiland will be there!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be there on Saturday. Looking forward to it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll be at the show Saturday and Sunday, maybe late Friday. If anyone is open to trades just send me a message.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm set up. Booth 815, 817, 819. Stop by to see what I have, to sell, to trade or if you need a witness
Post 8 IP   flag post
@IntoAnother and @obiwan1971 - Always looking to make trades. Give me an idea of what you are looking for. I am always looking for a few dozen X-Men to finish my run, and early (12 and 15 cent) copies of some Marvel and DC.

I think I talked to someone at J & J Comics at Terrific Con a few months ago. Can’t remember if I bought an X-Men there or not.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Does anyone who has been to other cons this year that CGC and CGCS have been represented if they offer reholder same-day services on site at the convention? I'd like to go to the Rhode Island Comicon...but to make it worth my while I'd like to have some comics re-slabbed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm might be looking for a trade, I got an ASM#32 that I wanted Stan Lee to sign at BCC but I ended up choosing another book. I'm doing my Silver Age X-Men run but I also like Steranko's Nick Fury covers. I got it off of mycomicshop.com and they rated it a 5.0.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio I don't think you will get same day service but if you drop the books off at the Con you don't have to pay to ship them to the grading companies.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Drogio I don't think you will get same day service but if you drop the books off at the Con you don't have to pay to ship them to the grading companies.

It's the return shipping that kills it for me. I was hoping to avoid that part...plus the waiting, obviously. Are TATs just as bad for reholdered game as they are for grading?
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Drogio Opening your own Fedex account will save you part of the return shipping cost. With that said I share your frustration.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHaulics private msg quote post Address this user
We will be there!!! So excited
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
Never looking for any one thing. I think i still have a handful of early X-Men. Picked up some more golden age stuff
Post 16 IP   flag post
I will be getting signatures from 5 or 6 people and submitting lots of books for grading.

If anyone who is going likes anything in my eBay store I can bring it to the show to save you the shipping cost and give a discount for cash. I may also consider trades but there isn't a lot of time so I am not sure it will be easy to make them with such a small window.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I'm going SUNDAY as well. Hope to meet up. Ray
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Johnnylray - We better meet up, Ray. We've been talking about that for over a year!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Drogio Opening your own Fedex account will save you part of the return shipping cost. With that said I share your frustration.

Yeah, I keep hearing that...haven't invested the time to open one...will likely do so before I submit another order.
Post 20 IP   flag post
If anyone going has any Gold Key Star Trek I'm looking for issue #33, but I'm also interested in #'s 11, 29, and 31. I'm looking for raw books preferably in the 6.0 range and up but condition is less an issue if the price is right.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Heading for the show in a couple hours but do not have a pass yet. Saturday and 3 day passes are sold out.

In order of preference I am looking for a vendor pass, a 3 day pass, or a Saturday pass.

Thanks!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Never mind, I have my pass now.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Dave Bautista is signing my book, hopefully he does not crush it with his immense forearm strength. Those darn replicants don't know their own power!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Found my Gold Key Star Trek! Lee at CBCS was super helpful so this one's going to be my first gold label.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@JustABitEvil who signed it?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Submitted a ton of books for grading today. Got 3 sketch covers from Justin Roiland as well as pictures with him, Lou Ferrigno, and Michael Colter. Also got lots of great signatures.

Next weekend is the Zapp! Half price sale and Edison Expo. The fun never stops.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Drogio William Shatner.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
@Drogio William Shatner.

Post 29 IP   flag post
So I was on a tight budget for RICC, I wasn't even planning on going until about 3 weeks ago when I saw Sam Keith was going to be there. The Maxx is kind of what made me want to keep reading comics in the mid 90s and the chance to add Shatner to my autograph collection just made it a 'gotta go' event for me. Shatner and CBCS got most of my $ but I came home with some goodies:

Post 30 IP   flag post
598076 39 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?