Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeQuestions

Newsstand or Direct Editions?4726

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianspiderman
@kaptainmyke I thought it was in 2014 Marvel pulled out? I can't remember the exact year cbcs recognizes to, but I searched it here in the form and it was posted.

You could be right. I'm not sure if it was 2014, 2015, or last year. I only said last year because some books-a-million stores were selling marvel comics according to facebook friends.

I been saying CBCS stops at 2000. They should stop at 2015 or 2016. Newsstands are dead. You can only buy comics online or through diamond at a LCS. That's why Newsstand Editions matter.

#NEWSSTANDSMATTER
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector canadianspiderman private msg quote post Address this user
DC hasn't killed newsstands yet have they?
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I been saying CBCS stops at 2000. They should stop at 2015 or 2016. Newsstands are dead. You can only buy comics online or through diamond at a LCS. That's why Newsstand Editions matter.

#NEWSSTANDSMATTER

They shouldn't stop at all, until there are no more newsstands. It makes zero sense, and I've asked several without ever getting an answer.

DC still sells on newsstands, certain books.

Marvel killed it around '13, possibly '14
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
The last DC I was able to find through the "newsstand" market (it was actually in the magazine section of our main grocery store in town) was a copy of Batman #40 (Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo, with Danny Miki). The "newsstand" book was actually priced one dollar higher (at $ 4.99) than the direct market edition.

After that, the comics pretty much disappeared from the grocery store magazine section.
Post 29 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
The CGC boards has a fantastic discussing going on that mirrors this thread regarding newsstand editions. It can be found in comics general.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
DC comics are doing newsstands with Barnes and Noble booksellers stores, so check in your local area on their website to find the closest one near you.
Post 31 IP   flag post
People love rarity .... they'll catch on soon enough and become more desirable, especially post 2000 release dates. If anyone has any ASM newsstands between 500-700, I'm buying! haha
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Then there are direct edition books with bar codes.

Those with barcodes and direct edition will say "DIRECT EDITION" over the barcodes. That's what most direct comics are now. Those are not newsstands.

Yea I know. I was referring to the "looks" of the bar code on covers. A lot uglier than Spidey's head.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianspiderman
People love rarity .... they'll catch on soon enough and become more desirable, especially post 2000 release dates. If anyone has any ASM newsstands between 500-700, I'm buying! haha

bro i got a ton if your interested. seriously.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Then there are direct edition books with bar codes.

Those with barcodes and direct edition will say "DIRECT EDITION" over the barcodes. That's what most direct comics are now. Those are not newsstands.

Yea I know. I was referring to the "looks" of the bar code on covers. A lot uglier than Spidey's head.

right - gotcha!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
DC comics are doing newsstands with Barnes and Noble booksellers stores, so check in your local area on their website to find the closest one near you.

And books a million too.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I do wish others would stop driving up the price of newsstands on me 😞

SHOO! SHOO! Nothing to see here!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I got no dog in this fight. I buy whichever is higher grade/within my budget at the right price.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Wish they would put the bar code on the back, like tpbs and hardcovers.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@KaptainMyke

An absolutely superstar. Thanks Man for the smooooooth transaction!!
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Wish they would put the bar code on the back, like tpbs and hardcovers.

Some do. Like this one. I cant find an online pic of the back, and am not gonna get up to pull one at 130am, but the barcode is top left on back

Post 41 IP   flag post
598069 41 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?