Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureSignaturesToys

Another Rick & Morty Thread4712

Collector IntoAnother private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys, that was a really fun one to get done. Robert got quite a kick out of it.

I wound up getting a few sketches from Justin in Rhode Island so if anyone is looking for a certain character or is possibly up for a trade of some sorts please feel free to send me a PM. I’d love to mix things up a bit via trade if possible.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Let's all see what you got brah. Megabundle that trade action over here berahhhh. Www.KaptainMyke.com and click rick and Morty collection
Post 127 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I think he died. Or I scared him off.
Post 128 IP   flag post
😂 PM is on its way @kaptainmyke
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
so what do we think about the scorpion comics #35 variant? personally i don’t find it any special - but then again not a keen fan. for sale today

Post 130 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't like it
Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Question - has Pickle Rick appeared in the comic? If so, what issue?
Post 132 IP   flag post
I think that variant cover is his 1st app
Post 133 IP   flag post
The pickle rick variant as far as I know isn't even an official printing on any official RAM book yet. (Edit: oops, ok now I see him - right, you mean the one above....) I thought u referred to the ASM 300 Pickle Rick cover swipe variant

But boy are we seeing a surge in sketch cover variants for Kyle Starks to get to work on...

...which is ironic because he just announced on twitter and on facebook that he's only doing simple b&w head shots now as commissions due to heavy scalpers on ebay with his detailed color wash action scene sketches...

We got us a new Adam Hughes Jr over here, folks. My opinion has changed of him now. Creators have no right to complain about secondary or tertiary markets once a deal is done. He needs to get a grip on commerce and reality. For what it's worth, I have not sold my Kyle Starks sketch covers I bought this year. I did trade one though to my good buddy @KingNampa for some Mattina variants.
Post 134 IP   flag post
MY book = MY business
YOUR book = YOUR business

Is that seriously too difficult for some people to understand?
Post 135 IP   flag post
Yeah these guys will get it one day. Charge more. That's it. Charge more. We'll gladly pay it. It will also lower scalper rates to adjust accordingly.
Post 136 IP   flag post
Kyle should get on eBay again and try searching “Starks CGC 9.8 SS” and take a peak at the recent sales.

Some of are not even covering the cost of the sketch, and then you have the cost of the book and grading.

Sure a few outliers but overall meh. I see no reason to punish his fans, and his own wallet.
Post 137 IP   flag post
---
Post 138 IP   flag post
Link please. Never seen it anywhere but on Lockwood's Facebook
Post 139 IP   flag post
Kyle replied to my comments:

Post 140 IP   flag post
no link yet but supposed to on sale 6 pm est. price on the high side for me though. this is from fb

jis
Post 141 IP   flag post
Here is the link for the single. It is actual sold as a sketch variant. For that I can see it is actually a pretty good but expensive sketch cover

http://www.scorpioncomics.com/shop/rick-and-morty-35-blank-sketch-variant
Post 142 IP   flag post
Well obviously it's a sketch variant? Did you think it was a regular cover?
Post 143 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Well obviously it's a sketch variant? Did you think it was a regular cover?

Lol yes - seen enough “lazy” artists.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@poka @kaptainmyke Marvel pulls this style cover out every so often, its one of the go-to swipes.
Post 145 IP   flag post
Yep.
Post 146 IP   flag post
When one obsession crosses the other. Worlds implode.

Post 147 IP   flag post
Somebody sent this sweet wallet to me from midtown comics but I don't know who - thank you whoever you may be!

Post 148 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Has this already been discussed? I thought neither company were slabbing these?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112750373448
Post 149 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112750373448

They are only authenticating the signature. Nothing more and nothing less.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoAnother
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

They are only authenticating the signature. Nothing more and nothing less.

Ok cool. Thanks
Post 151 IP   flag post

Post 152 IP   flag post

Post 153 IP   flag post
That's really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 154 IP   flag post
Thanks @kaptainmyke, here's one more you may really appreciate. It's definitely one of my new favorites!

Post 155 IP   flag post
597921 323 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?