Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureSignaturesToys

Another Rick & Morty Thread4712

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@RickestRick 103 copies have been CGC graded. Of those 90 copies are 9.4 or better.

Small numbers so far.
Post 301 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Well if there is 2500 comic stores in the United States (estimate) and it's a 1 in 50 cover...it's pretty rare. In 2015, not many shops ordered this adult cartoon comic book to fill their shelves. You had to order 50 copies to get 1. Most likely the largest stores in the US would be the ones buying them. My figure was strictly an estimate, not established fact. I still say there's less than 500 of them. I used to speculate there was less than 100 of them in existence but the CGC census proves otherwise.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector RickestRick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@RickestRick 103 copies have been CGC graded. Of those 90 copies are 9.4 or better.

Small numbers so far.

103 copies + all the unknown pop from CBCS isn't a small number if you are factoring in the current shilled pricing of the comic (at an estimated $2k or so for 9.8's). That artificial price point will not hold in the near future. In fact, prices have been dropping since Spring.

Like @kaptainmyke commented, people once thought there were under 20, then it was 50, then 100, and now it's under 300 or 500 (even then I can see there being a lot more sitting in the wings or at the publisher/printing). So I'm thinking whether this current pricing holds or not will depend a lot on the population of the comic. If the census increases by 3x... I see this book dropping to below $1k again and finally purchasing one Pipe dreams? What do you guys think?
Post 303 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@RickestRick The show has been renewed for several more years.

Walking Dead is starting to roll over but how long did it go up before that happened?

I bought my 9.4 graded and felt pretty good about the large amount of money I paid for it.

The book caught a lot of people by surprise and I doubt there are all that many CBCS copies of this variant.

I also doubt that there are all that many high grade raw copies that haven't been graded.
Post 304 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
That book will always be rare, folks. It has a very thin, flimsy, all black back cover. 9.8s are unicorns for RAM #1, any variant. the 1:50 goes for that much more because of the rarity.

While it's true, there was some shilling last year on the 1:50 variant, it's only slowly been going up from 1100 to 2200 a year later. It will not go back down any time soon with the renewal of 70 new episodes. Unless Dan Harmon finally drinks himself to death?
Post 305 IP   flag post

Collector RickestRick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
That book will always be rare, folks. It has a very thin, flimsy, all black back cover. 9.8s are unicorns for RAM #1, any variant. the 1:50 goes for that much more because of the rarity.

While it's true, there was some shilling last year on the 1:50 variant, it's only slowly been going up from 1100 to 2200 a year later. It will not go back down any time soon with the renewal of 70 new episodes. Unless Dan Harmon finally drinks himself to death?

If it was a natural progression and price climb to $2k, I would agree with you. But it was shilled to this current price, so it's hard to say the market/buyers will be there long term at the current pricing.
Post 306 IP   flag post

I got the pickle rick game
Post 307 IP   flag post

Post 308 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Rick and Morty is entering the shoe game:

https://www.cbr.com/rick-morty-diadora-sneakers/

Post 309 IP   flag post
too bad i wear adidas
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this at my local LCS this morning...picked it up without a second thought.

Post 311 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the chromium version signed and remarked by Alex Cormack and also signed by Justin Roiland
Post 312 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
Here's the chromium version signed and remarked by Alex Cormack and also signed by Justin Roiland

Post 313 IP   flag post

Post 314 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

What's in the box @kaptainmyke ?
Post 315 IP   flag post
Rick and Morty hot topic junk to temporarily fill the void?
Post 316 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

What's in the box @kaptainmyke ?

Gweneth Paltrow's head?
Post 317 IP   flag post

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

I returned the other RAM book in the above post back to cgc because they forgot to add kyle starks to label and I guess they thought Justin sketched a meeseeks and kyle starks signature
Post 318 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
I just found out that Rick and Morty Presents: Jerry comes out next week. I didn't know they were doing another Presents series every quarter this year. Fist pump.
Post 319 IP   flag post
have you seen the c2e2 exclusive for jerry? lmao

Post 320 IP   flag post
That is awesome. Not sure if its $38 + $4.50 shipping awesome as eBay dictates. But it put a smirk on my face and gave me a chuckle.
Post 321 IP   flag post
June: Mr Meeseeks
Sept: Flesh Curtains
Nov: Unity

Looking forward to these!
Post 322 IP   flag post
omg meeseeks and unity is my favorite
Post 323 IP   flag post
600864 323 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?